Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Greatest Evil, Chapter One: Flawless Bounty Hunter Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:39 pm
The location is a town located just three miles away from the capitol. The mission is simple: eliminate the enemy threat.

Two days ago, Golden-rock Town, a city named for the large veins of gold in a nearby mine was overtaken by a small force of Erythnul's followers. Thus far, four fatalities have occurred, as opposed to their usual behavior, which would have left the entire town in shambles.

Due to the economic value of Golden-rock Town, you and your traveling companions have been called into action, with a bounty of nine thousand gold to be divided among you waiting for you should you succeed in liberating the town. You have been offered a bonus of magic weaponry if you succeed in capturing and interrogating the leader of the force; a Gnollish fifth-level fighter and third-rank ravager by the name of Gorroth.

A group of twenty awaits you in the town, with twelve more in the nearby mines. The best of luck has been wished upon you, now is the time to see if it works.

Primary Objective: Eliminate all enemies in Golden-rock town.

Secondary objective: Eliminate all enemies in the Golden-rock mines.

Bonus Objective (optional): Capture War-leader Gorroth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 pm
((Welcome adventurers. You have made a three-days journey to Golden-rock town, and now stand on the outskirts, looking into the town from the eastern thoroughfare. There is a low wall useable as cover, as well as several 30ft/50ft buildings throughout the inside. The Erythnul followers do not know you are there.

Your followers have stayed behind, to keep from drawing too much attention and risking any hostages that may have been taken. Right now, the stakes are nine warriors and their cohorts against eighteen.

You spy four two-hobgoblin patrols making their rounds within the town limits, the nearest one being 60 feet from your position. There is an orc standing with his back turned to an open window 300 feet away, with motions suggesting that he is arguing with someone. An ogre looms behind a building in the town square, about 100 feet away. It seems the other followers are in various buildings.

You see a corpse missing her head nailed to what seems to be a church of Pelor. You shudder to think of what happened to the other three fatalities.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:47 pm
((Aura of Senses Active: Allies within 30' gain +3 to Listen, Spot, and Initiative))

The tawny-haired gnome watches the guards from afar, checking the straps on his buckler and getting his warhammer in hand. His acid green orbs survey the scene.

"Orcs, hobgoblins, ogre, and they say a gnoll organized all this? You've got to be kidding me."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:47 pm
Gresh looked like, what could only be discribed, as an iron golem. Standing 12 ft tall and about 800 pounds.

No flesh could be seen under his armour, even the few greates on the face plate where hard to see though. Across his back was a redicolously sized hammer styled weapon.

The head and shaft of the hammer where made of a deep black metal, the side of the hammers head was decorated with a simetrical swirling pattern.

Looking towards the town, the Goliath measured distance and other factors that went into a good hurled rock. Gresh may not be the smartest fighter, but he does know rocks.

"I bet I could hit the big one from here" Gresh said in a happy tone of voice. Why on earth wouldn't he be happy? He was looking forward to a figh, competition was what a Goliath lived for.

As he spoke he slipped one large hand into a pouch on his side. After a few seconds of rummaging, he brings forth a large bolder, easily 50 pounds, placing it on the ground next to him. He waited to be told what to do. He was never much of a planner.

Looking down at the gnome, Gresh remembered meeting a few gnomes in his youth, "children of the stone" the Chief had called both races at the evening meal. A fond memory indeed.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Pointing his gun at the closest guard "Yeah, Draco-snot, They are kidding you." Saul said, using his nickname for Sindri, as he moved his rifle a crossed the area, scanning the area and judging distances of safe, unguarded areas. where he could move to one of the buildings. "In fact, they say your god is only a fart and a turd of the real thing."

Lowering his gun, Saul looked back at Gresh and Ilo. "Small-brain, Tiny, you two want to charge in and smash the Hobs." He said pointing at the closest set of Hobgoblins.

(Spot +24)  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm
{Binding check for the day. DC 15, +12 bonus...}
User ImageElohim surveyed the area, his short hair blowing in the breeze, the cloak of shadows falling from his shoulders strongly contrasting his pale skin, eyes, and hair. He crossed his arms. "There's not many of them, wouldn't you say? Give me a minute or two, and there'd be considerably less. What say you all that I just take to the air and rain down flames from the heavens?" He chuckled a bit. "Though, I suppose it'd be less fair for the rest of you who might like a shot or two, yes?" His voice was gravely and tinged with a feral quality, contrasting his handsome face and oozing with charm.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 pm
((I don't know what binding does, I'll check on that later.

Saul's awesome modifier wasn't even necessary to spot the nearest enemy, since the hobgoblins were just down the street, turning just as Saul "spotted" them. He did gain some useful information from them, though: They are wearing half-plate armor, with dueling shields stowed on their back. The wear-and-tear of their armor seems to put them at 6th level, with their equipment suggesting Fighter.))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm
"My draco-snot will melt your face." Sindri replied in even tones, using his standard response to Saul.

"Let's not forget we've only got four fatalities. That means they've got the rest of the town hostage somewhere. I think we need to get into the buildings quickly and take out the cultists inside. The hobgoblins are far enough apart that we can slip in between and anybody who gives us lip gets flattened. But really we need to save those hostages before the crazies outside get too wise to us. So Saul, go easy on the boomstick."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:39 pm
((Okay, I made the mistake of thinking I had the Binder class listed on a website I'm using as a source. I don't. I need the info on it, if you don't mind, Antarei.))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Saul smiled at Sindri's comment.

"I don't see why you want to save the people of the town. The mission is only for elimination of occupying forces in the town and mine." He said as he took a knee. "Don't get me wrong. I agree with you on silence is golden, but that is only because I don't want our bonus to get away. To hell with the town."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Drugged Lolli rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-40)

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 pm
Elizabeth sat astride her black warhorse, lightly strumming her cithern as she analyzed the situation before them, planning the best course of action. Despite her childlike appearance, she radiates a commanding and inspiring presence.

Next to her, on white warhorse, sat her protect Eric. While perhaps on as impressive looking as Gresh, he was still just over 6 feet tall, covered in full plate, baring a heavy shield and a lance. In a sheath across his back was a rather impressive looking b*****d sword.

On the opposite side of her, a small brass dragon sat, looking around warily for danger.

She looks at Saul in shock at his comment. "How could you say such a thing? Of course we must try to save the villagers. Though first things would be to find out where they're being kept without drawing too much attention. If we can free them first, you won't have to hold back on the villains."

((Listen 11; Spot 8
Activating Mage Armor from Mac-Fuirmidh Cithern (1 hr duration)
Inspiring: All allies within 10’ receive a +1 Morale bonus on all attacks & skill check and receive a +2 Morale bonus on saves vs. Charm & Fear effects.
Minor Aura (Motivate Charisma): Allies within 60' who can hear her gain a +13 circumstance bonus to Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks.
Commander Aura (Defensive Commander): Allies within 30' of Elizabeth gain a +1 morale bonus to Armor Class.

Commander Aura (Melee Commander): Allies within 30 feet of Eric gain a +1 morale bonus on melee attack rolls.))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 pm
"I wouldn't need to hold back against the villians, as you put it. But if, the Captain wish to save the worthless peasants then be my guest. Just don't get yourselves captured or killed. I will leave you." Saul said as he pulled his bayonet from it's sheath and placed it on the end of his rifle.

"I say, we break up into four groups. We can cover more ground that way and the guards don't appear to be to worry some. Small-brain and Tiny should be able to take them out quickly, preferably quietly as well. Toss the bodies into the wood as not to alert the others. Then that would leave six of us searching the buildings for people and the other 8."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 am
Sindri strokes his beard braids, "I've got a better idea. We're going to lie our way in. I'll need Elizabeth with me, and you'd all be wise to stick close. If lies don't fly, we're going to intimidate our way in, and failing that we crack their skulls.

((Between Elizabeth's Charisma Aura and my Presence Aura, Sindri has +35 to bluff checks and everyone will get +16 to Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy. We can claim to be part of their group and waltz right in, blast their group from the inside out.))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:58 am
((Elizabeth has +41 to bluff between our combined auras if she takes off her Medal of Gallantry. Or could bring Sindri up to +38 (you forgot to take in to account +1 to skill checks from Inspiring, and then I can give +2 with inspire competence). Also, Elizabeth can speak 13 different languages, including Goblin and Giant. Oh, and with Medal of Gallantry on and our combined auras, I have +50 to diplomacy.))

Also, after rereading the second post, it looks like cohorts are with us, so updated my initial post to include cohorts as well as Eric's commander aura.))

Drugged Lolli

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 am
User ImageCresting the hill alongside her sister, Kimi surveys the town as well. She was a tiny woman, barely over five feet, with a slim build concealed in part by her red and gold platemail armor, which appeared strangely incomplete. Her head was protected by a stylized helmet, her long black hair tied back and falling to her waist, while her arms, torso, shoulders, and legs were defended by immaculate plates of mithral. She drew her longbow, a glaive of exquisite craftsmanship strapped to her back. Doing her best to keep her reaction to the sniper's statement in check, she simply nodded towards the town. "Protecting the villagers would likely pay better in the long run than just killing the miscreants, you brigand," she says to Saul.

"My preference would be to engage the bastards with some covering fire, and then move in to melee range to finish them off. But we can't see all the enemy units, and several of them are likely holed up inside. I'd rather not have innocent blood on my hands just because I excel at the direct approach."

User ImageChizue, Kimi's older sister, kept her face as serene as she could, considering the things Saul was saying. Her long black hair shimmered in the sunlight, blowing in what little wind there was. Beneath her red and white priest robes, the glint of greenish metal chain could be caught from time to time. "I pray that we are not too late to save the rest of them. I do not believe that we could convince these beasts that we are part of their group, however. We do not have a monstrous enough mien."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff