Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:47 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I know I haven't been around lately. I've recently gotten employed and have had my hands full.

I'm scheduled for a wisdom tooth extraction on the 14th of this month and thought I would let everyone know. I'm having all four removed and am expected to miss three days of work. What gets me slightly irritated is that my birthday is that Saturday. What a birthday present, right?

'nywho. Here's a spoon, there's the food. Do it:
Surgeries
Feelings towards it
Reactions to perscriptions, etc.
Unexpected birthday presents

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:00 pm
I have to get mine soon
People say it isn't a big deal, but I am nervous as s**t.
They put your a** out. I mean, out.
I'm afraid I'll die.
I hope you won't die either. Good luck.

honey creep show

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm
It's not that bad I had both my top ones taken out and you'll be spitting blood for a long long while. It's not all that bad so long as you take the pain pills. The pain pills will take the pain away, but if you get Vicodin you'll feel a sick to your stomach. It's not that bad, just stick to milkshakes, mashed taders, and jello.

Don't sleep face up though or you will wake up and purge the contents of your gut in the most horrible feeling ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 pm
I don't have wisdom teeth, but most of my friends have had theirs out. Apparently it's a pain in the butt (or the mouth, rather), but as long as you take your meds, the pain is supposed to be manageable.

Just have a late birthday event. :3 Something to look forward to once your mouth is all healed up.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Agent_of_Misfortune

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 pm
my buddie got all 4 taken out as well...

he didnt enjoy it... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm
How can you not enjoy knowing your mouth is bleeding and not feeling it. It's awesome to know that minus the pill you took you would be in writhing pain.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:00 pm
I had all 4 of mine taken out a couple years back (I think I had made a thread about it actually...^^; ). It's really not too bad. Yes they do knock you out, so you sorta get all '...whoa' for most of that first day. The pain is manageable as long as you take your meds (and a friend of mine said the Vicodin made her sick to her stomach as well, but I didn't get that. It just knocked me out for a couple hours at a time sweatdrop ).

And to be honest, the part that bugged me the most about that recovery period was the fact that I couldn't eat real food. I mean, I like jello and yogurt and all that but after a while you get really sick of it. And it probably didn't help that my mom had cooked my favorite meal that week and I couldn't eat it TT.TT

Oh and another annoying bit was the chipmunk cheeks and the bruising along my jaw (though I bruise easily so I have no idea if that happens to everyone). But it was just annoying because my cheeks were embarrassing and the bruising made it look like I was abused or something.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:25 pm
User Image

"Every scar is a lesson...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled out a little over a year ago. It wasn't too bad, they put me completely under for it. They had to cut one tooth in half to get it out, but the others came out easily they said.

The only problem with the procedure was my insurance companies fault. They would only cover a doctor that was a three hour drive from my pharmacy, and on the way home my anesthesia wore off before I could get my pain meds.

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am
Kals is questing again!

Sav, I still can't believe they give you synthetic opiates for having your wisdom teeth out. Apparently they hand out painkillers like candy in the States. Here, you get Tylenol 3. I took 2 days off work for my wisdom teeth surgery, one for the day of the surgery itself, and one day afterwards. The next next day, when I came in to work, they wanted to fire me, even though I had told them ahead of time that I had the surgery scheduled and would not be in. They had to wait a couple of hours to get me to sign the disciplinary write-up because I was legally still under the influence of the anaesthetic.

The worst part for me was the fact that my nose would not stop bleeding. They must have hit something when they did the nasal intubation, because for several hours afterwards, my nose would gush blood every time I changed position, coughed, or swallowed.

I have a tasty recipe for a protein/meal replacement shake I invented during my recovery. Also, that was when I discovered that I actually really love pea soup.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 am
I'm getting my top ones out in 2 weeks. 3 years ago, I got my bottom out. I only have the Novocaine and didn't have any laughing gas. Was fine in 2 days. Not too worried about the tops. My dentist gives us this head sling thing that you pack with ice. Best thing ever for the swelling!  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 pm
I've never had any thing done that required surgery...

And my wisdom teeth aren't causing any trouble.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 pm
I am still waiting for my wisdom teeth to painfully force their way through should they ever decide they can be bothered.

Consider it an excuse to make this years birthday cake an ice cream cake.

I have never had to have surgery before but having to lie in a hallway in emergency for several hours with my kneecap dislocated and sitting around the wrong side of my leg was pretty painful. They wouldn't put it back in place until they got sick of my screaming. They actually wanted me to wait to get it xrayed first despite the fact that they had already given me as much pain meds as my weight would allow and I was still very literally writhing in agony. It turned out that getting it xrayed after putting it back in made zero difference. I hadn't done anything to break anything but they were surely doing extra trauma to the area by leaving it out.

Australian hospitals suck. stare  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:51 pm
[ Terra ]
I am still waiting for my wisdom teeth to painfully force their way through should they ever decide they can be bothered.

Consider it an excuse to make this years birthday cake an ice cream cake.

I have never had to have surgery before but having to lie in a hallway in emergency for several hours with my kneecap dislocated and sitting around the wrong side of my leg was pretty painful. They wouldn't put it back in place until they got sick of my screaming. They actually wanted me to wait to get it xrayed first despite the fact that they had already given me as much pain meds as my weight would allow and I was still very literally writhing in agony. It turned out that getting it xrayed after putting it back in made zero difference. I hadn't done anything to break anything but they were surely doing extra trauma to the area by leaving it out.

Australian hospitals suck. stare

That's...kinda harsh. Wow...

It's like this preview for this new medical show coming out..."If he's not dying right now, bring him to the regular ER"

I was like...wtf  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 am
Surgeries
Never have been the patient, but been in many helping doctors
Feelings towards it
I would die If I was the patient, doctors scare me
Reactions to perscriptions, etc.
Death, my pressure would go to high, that they wouldnt be able to do me a surgery or I would pass out
Unexpected birthday presents
Mmm...paying the beers of everyone at the bar, celebrating my bday.  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 am
Oh, by the way good luck! biggrin You will be fine! xd