Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Goblins Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 am
Recently a friend of mine got us reading a web comic by the name of Goblins. It has been a antastic read up untill now.

Todays comic just tiped it to my fave web comic and I read a fair few XD.

To any readers. What was your reaction.

To anyone else. I'd highly advise a read.

Goblins  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:03 am
Yes, the latest update almost knocked me off my feet. Though, I'm not sure if it will have quite the same impact if that's a person's first time viewing the comic >_>'

I really didn't think Minmax had it in him. I'm still flabbergasted, and it's been 24 hours now.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:38 am
I saw it this morning and keep finding myself going back to the page making sure it did happen.

I gave the link to the first page =3 I wouldn't throw somone to the newest comic n.n f your going to enjoy it may as well start at the beginning  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 am
Ah! Didn't even bother mousing over to see. Good show, chap! ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:02 am
I had a similar reaction. This comic does have a tendency to go from the comic to the real quit drastically.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 am
Yea. But done you love it when it does =D

I love the expressions on MinMax's face.

"What wha did he say?"

"But...he's cool"

"Maybe he's not as cool as I think he is"

"He's not is he?"

"Time to rumble ********"  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm
I've actually been following the comic for a month or three now, and it's one of my favs, if not my fav.

I find it very awesome, especially that the main characters are what we consider to be monsters. It brings up a very good key point in D&D. Monsters are NOT just some creatures that stand around waiting to give adventurers experience. They do indeed have lives, and some of them may indeed be good, no matter how unlikely. But yeah, tis a great comic, and I do recommend it for anyone who likes reading web-comics or is into Dungeons and Dragons and that whole scene.

Anyway, the sudden turn of minmax into the hero there was quite a little surprise to me as well, a pleasant surprise that I didn't see coming... maybe that's why it's a surprise >.>

I have always sort of thought of minmax as an evil type but I must admit, I'm starting to like him more. Now if only he wasn't so obsessed with the desire to kill our little goblin heroes.

Oh, and by the way..

I read your post, and literally pulled up the windows side by side so I could read your take on his thought process while I looked at the comic. Twas good!

Edited to fix my embarrassing and shameful spelling errors. Don't know how or why I put mean instead of main, and they instead of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:42 pm
Heh. Thunt posted a link to the last page of his comic with blank word bubbles, encouraging people in his forums to do their own version.

He even came up with a sample one himself.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/Thumbtack_TheDM/window_goofiness1.jpg  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm
I love Goblins, I actually made a character based on Dies Horribly (although I made it a female Kolbold rather than a Goblin for shifty). All her powers were devoted to shifting and avoiding death at all costs. >.< At lvl 18 she could roll twice for death saves and choose the best (which she had +5 for as it was), and had +12 to slowed/immobilised. lol Maybe I was drawing off more from Minmax?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:42 pm
Joe, I am liking your avater.

Okay, back to the cool Web comic, that Rock was so nice to show us, Goblins. I only resently started reading it. (Like two days a go) I have to say if the comic continues like it has, I think they have another reader.  

glitterboypilot

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:53 am
Glitter, it only gets better =3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 pm
o.o  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm
I still am hoping to have someone do a 'monstrous races' game.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm
Hay, I have a question.

what is that thing that is Dies' hand? I mean is it a real monster of dnd or something from the comic creator?

I am wondering cause I don't remember reading about it and it is reminding me of Dark Sector, xbox 360 game.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:42 am
From all of the fans that post in the forums its a homebrewed monster. The same is believed about Goblin Slayer's template.

Also, B.I.H.* Goblin Slayer.

*Burn In Heck  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas