do you think its true
  NO
  YES
  dont care
  what are you talking about
View Results

XxKitty_of_DeathxX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:03 pm
...people say that goths are Satanists. I'm not; I don't think it applies to all of us. If you agree, please post and give me your opinions.

MOD EDIT: for spelling, punctuation, and grammar  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:22 pm
i can pretty much guarentee you that whoever told you that was retarded.  

the_forgotten_thought

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 pm
When you live in a town full of preppies and wiggers you get this kind of stereotype everyday. i've learned to ignore it, you should do the same. Society will never learn how to deal with us as a subculture, they've pretty much stopped trying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:42 pm
You people are all liars, those stereotypes eixst because it's true; part of the Gothic Manifesto by Konstantinos goes right into the Gothic subculture (or as more fittingly put by the author "the Gothic Cult") being heavily entwined with Satanism. On page 74 he say, and I quote, "As a former-goth, I feel comfortable going into the more intricate evils of the Gothic community, including but not limited devil-worship, malicious witchcraft, and sexual orgies that rivaled the Romans of old", and his expose doesn't stop until four hundred pages later.  

Xahmen

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 pm
Not all books tell the truth. I'm Jewish and strongly believe in god. You don't have to have satanistic beliefs to be goth. Goth is not a religious subculture.

Now i want to know how many people here are actually satanists and whether you think it matters what god you believe in?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Sayga Takaino
Not all books tell the truth. I'm Jewish and strongly believe in god. You don't have to have satanistic beliefs to be goth. Goth is not a religious subculture.

Now i want to know how many people here are actually satanists and whether you think it matters what god you believe in?

Konstantinos, a man who has written more books than you have, says differently.  

Xahmen

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 pm
Zahmen II
Sayga Takaino

Konstantinos, a man who has written more books than you have, says differently.
You don't need to write a book to be knowledgeable about a topic, you just need to do your research.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm
yes, konstantinos has written alot of books, i have read most of them, but not every goth IS a devil worshiper.  

Scarlette Begonias

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 pm
scarlette_15
yes, konstantinos has written alot of books, i have read most of them, but not every goth IS a devil worshiper.
Exactly my point.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 pm
Sayga Takaino
scarlette_15
Exactly my point.
yeah. i mean, i've met a couple, but a majority are just atheist or even christian. i don't think it's really that relevant anymore. maybe when the culture first started, but not these days.  

the_forgotten_thought

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:34 pm
Lol @ OP's typing/spelling/grammar.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm
If someone isn't intelligent enough to know that making assumptions is redundant and empty-minded, then you needn't worry yourself about how they view you. Otherwise if a person is kind in their inquiry, then explain it to them. No one can say for sure if goths back in the day were originally Satanist by default. But present day, anyone claiming to be goth range throughout multiple religions and backgrounds.  

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm
None of you folks do your research.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 pm
Sayga Takaino

-claps-
I just actually mentioned this issue in a video I made while bored yesterday night.... just mentioned it casually. Most people here know my stances , and as a goth, I am getting baptised by being submerssed (put down under water to represent relating myself to the death on the cross, then lifted back up to symbolize belief in redemption and the resurrection) on the 30th of this month.
Saying that all goths are satanists is on the same level of saying we are all vampires: silly, silly, silly. Of course there are some of both, very few among the majority of us, however, we are a subculture of diversity, not comformity. Last I checked, the Goth Cabal WILL NOT hunt you down and slit your neck if you dare to wear a star of david or a cross that is right-side-up.  

Angel of the End

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm
He is an expert on what is and isn't Goth, and he says it's so so I have to take his word over yours.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff