My life with Glaucoma Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:07 pm
I'm sorry all that I have been absent lately. For those of you who don't know I have glaucoma and am slowly going blind. It can get depressing but only if I let it. It is rough being 34 and having a blinding eye disease. I know that it's all for G-d's glory, although at the moment I don't know the purpose for it He does. Romans 8:28 tells us, And we know that all things work together for the good for them that love G-d for them called according to His purpose. It has been conjectured that the Apostle Paul had glaucoma because he signed the Book of Galatians 'in such a large letter' as the KJV says.
"Notice what large letters I use as I write these closing words in my own handwriting. " Galatians 6:11 NLT

So if the LORD can use Paul I know He can use me too! I guess I'm in good comapny!

G-d bless,
famusamu  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:27 am
That is rough. Laser eye treatment can slow or stop the progression. I hope you can get this.
At least screen text can be made bigger and bigger, so even legally blind persons can still type away on the computer without using voice-activated shtuff...

Heyyy....I'm older than you! xD Who knew?  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:26 am
Cherry Sodah
That is rough. Laser eye treatment can slow or stop the progression. I hope you can get this.
At least screen text can be made bigger and bigger, so even legally blind persons can still type away on the computer without using voice-activated shtuff...

Heyyy....I'm older than you! xD Who knew?

Oh sister thanks, yes I know all the treatments and the various types of glaucoma. I have open channel glaucoma, my eye pressures are stable at the moment due to the daily regement of medications I faithfully take every day. But my blind spot is getting bigger due to the optic nerve damage and occular rosacea. At this point surgery is not an option; 4 drops in my eyes every day, using sight aides on the computer and regular doctor visits are the prescription at this time.

At times I wish Y'shua would just spit in some mud and rub it in my eyes. As in John 9 with the story of the blind man. V. 6 "Then He spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and smoothed the mud over the blind man's eyes." or that the LORD would heal me as He did Tobit's eyes in the Apocrypha. I know that He is YHWH Rophe the LORD my Healer. Interestingly enough the LORD who sends an angel named Raphael to Tobias and Tobit. Raphael means " It is G-d Who heals". More important then my physical eyesight the LORD has taken away my spiritual blindness. Y'shua is the Light of the World that shines in the darkness!

I'll be 35 next month, does that count?? LOL I say Schtufff too lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:52 am
wow one or both eyes? lol you guys are way older than me......... I feel puny now  

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:55 pm
sub-zero120
wow one or both eyes? lol you guys are way older than me......... I feel puny now
Both eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 pm
It will be ok. This is a part of God's story. He all ready knows how the story will end. So dont give up hope.  

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:58 pm
sub-zero120

About being younger, i agree.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 am
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1st Timothy 4:12 NLT

famusamu
Captain

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:14 pm
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1st Timothy 4:12 NLT

Thanks for metnioning that. Also I prayed for you lastnight. One question how do you feel?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:24 am
Takako_Uchiha
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

Thanks for metnioning that. Also I prayed for you lastnight. One question how do you feel?

Well some days my eyes hurt others they feel like wet sand paper. Today they arent as bad and I can focus alil better.  

famusamu
Captain

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 am
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

wow, I wish that would happen, my parents never listen to my advice and they always yell at me for trying to help with advice "we're the adults you're the child" they say I'm 13 Barmitzva age and they treat me no different  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 pm
sub-zero120
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

wow, I wish that would happen, my parents never listen to my advice and they always yell at me for trying to help with advice "we're the adults you're the child" they say I'm 13 Barmitzva age and they treat me no different

No worries, parents are always like that, even my 94 year old grandfather with my 64 year old dad. None the less Ephesians 6:1 says " Children obey your parents in the LORD for this is right.  

famusamu
Captain

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm
famusamu
sub-zero120
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

No worries, parents are always like that, even my 94 year old grandfather with my 64 year old dad. None the less Ephesians 6:1 says " Children obey your parents in the LORD for this is right.

awww you HAD to bring that up........... those drive me nutz  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:43 pm
sub-zero120
famusamu
sub-zero120
famusamu
Takako_Uchiha
sub-zero120

awww you HAD to bring that up........... those drive me nutz

Its abit of a pain at times. really  

Takako_Uchiha
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:37 pm
Yes, obey your parents, even when they seem way too harsh (I don't mean abuse, just strict)...you can tell the difference later when you see people who learned self-control, and those who are out of control because they never got disciplined as kids. Guess which kind a business would rather hire, a spouse would rather marry, and children would rather have for a parent...hang in there! xD

but this is about famusamu's glaucoma...our God is a God of healing. Keep praying. I am also having vision problems, am required to work on computers for many hours a day and have no health insurance...but I'm trying. And praying.  
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff