Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:24 pm
[D&D 4e] Doorway to Chaos
Interest Check - One Shot 18th-Level Game

[ "Plot" ]

Beyond the massive wooden doors before you is your final challenge, at the bottom of a fortress high in the mountains.

You can hear the chanting of the cultist through the doors, the smell of many burning fires, and can see the glow of the portal they are attempting to open from the space under the doors.

You have overcome many challenges to come to this point, during which you learned about the cult attempting to open a portal to the Elemental Chaos. You learned that their leader, a former resident of those planes, who has many allies waiting for him on the other side which will spill into this world when the portal is opened - causing widespread destruction, and death. His motives are simple - he desires no money, nor power - he simply wishes to watch the world burn.

You are the only thing that stand between the world's destruction, and its' safety. As you move up to the doors to throw them open, you only hope that you are strong enough to overcome what awaits you on the other side.

[ The Details ]

Hey all.

I've been kind of interested in seeing how higher-level combats in 4e go lately, so I figured I'd see if there was any interest in doing a one-shot 18th-level battle?

It'll essentially be a big 'end of campaign' sort of battle, hence the little introduction above.

18th level; standard 22 point-buy; standard wealth; etc.. Any other details to be figured out once I see if anyone would be interested.

I'll probably be limiting resources to what I have available to me, simply for sake of ease. This includes the core three books (MM, PHB, DMG), Arcane Power, Martial Power, Player's Handbook 2, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, and Adventurer's Vault.
So.. anyone? xD

[ Character Creation ]

[ Do not delete posts regardless of circumstances, even if you forget to roll! ]

All character sheets will need to be placed on an online profiler (any will do): Link, Link,

Available Resources:
  • Adventurer's Vault
  • Arcane Power
  • Dungeon Master's Guide
  • Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Martial Power
  • Monster Manual
  • Player's Handbook
  • Player's Handbook 2

Level: 18th - Paragon Tier
Gold: 65,000 GP
Magic Items: 19th level (level+1), 18th level (level), and 17th level (level-1)
Races: Any; as long as it is in the above books and has statistics for player use.
Ability Scores*: 22 point buy OR 4d6, drop the lowest, 6 times.
xxxxxxxxxx* If you roll, you cannot choose point-buy. When rolling, if the total of your ability modifiers (before racial adjustments) is +4 or lower, you may scrap all scores and re-roll.
Alignments: Any; it is assumed you are all working toward the 'common good'.

[ Character List ]

I'd like to get at least 1 of each role, the rest can be whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:50 pm
me! Hmmm. . . high paragon, I have a Dragonborn sorc readymade for Everlasting Struggle, but maybe i'll try something else  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 pm
I'm interested, not sure what i'd play just yet, but i too am curious about high-level 4E play.

is this just gonna be one big battle, or a few encounters leading up to the climax?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 pm
At the moment, the idea is just one big battle.

Though spacing it out over a few 'separate' encounters is something I will consider.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 pm
Sounds promising, and I've been jonesing for a new game, even if it is just one battle... Maybe I'll finally make the barbarian I've been wanting to make since I first got into 4e...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:10 pm
Well, I believe that is 3. Er - 4, since someone told me they may be interested over AIM. If we can get 5, I'll start getting things together for this (but with running the contest, it may take me a little bit).

I'll probably accept up to 6 or 8 people.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:37 pm
OK, the concept I'm building is a human Avenger/barb  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:55 pm
Hm, I was also thinking of an Eladrin Spear Warlord. That way we would have a leader.  

iDragow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:24 am
A leader would be nice if we are going into the Elemental Chaos  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:59 am
I'm thinking of a dual-shield warforged fighter. for maximum defending.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 pm
Mmkay... Here are the rules for character creation. I already have a vague idea of what I'm going to do for the battle. If there are no objections, I figure we can do all rolling/playing in this thread here instead of me making a second one for it.

This stuff will also be in the first post, but I figured you'd all be looking for (newer) posts when coming to the thread. xD.

[ Character Creation ]

[ Do not delete posts regardless of circumstances, even if you forget to roll! ]

All character sheets will need to be placed on an online profiler (any will do): Link, Link,

Available Resources: Adventurer's Vault, Arcane Power, Dungeon Master's Guide, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, Manual of the Planes, Martial Power, Monster Manual, Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook 2
Level: 18th - Paragon Tier
Gold: 65,000 GP
Magic Items: 19th level (level+1), 18th level (level), and 17th level (level-1)
Races: Any; as long as it is in the above books and has statistics for player use.
Ability Scores*: 22 point buy OR 4d6, drop the lowest, 6 times.
xxxxxxxxxx* If you roll, you cannot choose point-buy. When rolling, if the total of your ability modifiers (before racial adjustments) is +4 or lower, you may scrap all scores and re-roll.
Alignments: Any; it is assumed you are all working toward the 'common good'.

[ Character List ]

I'd like to get at least 1 of each role, the rest can be whatever.

• [Controller]
  • [Defender] [Sporkmaster5000] -- Sentinel, Warforged Fighter
  • [Leader] [iDragow] -- Soveliss Paelian, Eladrin Warlord
  • [Striker] [Arc Vembris] -- Barberie Anne, Human Avenger
  • [Any]
  • [Any]
  • [Any]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=32994

annnd done!

Barberie Anne, called Barbie
human Avenger/Barbarian and +4 bikini model  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm
Hrm..

Arc (and everyone else) - would you mind please marking down where you've pulled things from which are outside core? Like feats, powers, and such.

Looking at just the feats alone of Arc's character, I only can recall like 3/4s of them.. the rest I'm drawing an utter blank for, and it'll save me from having to hunt everything down.

>.>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 am
Soveliss, Eladrin defender of good guys/stabber of bad guys.

He's by no means finished, but I figured I should throw it up.  

iDragow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 am
Notated. Everything I have is from PHB and PH2, where all the barb/avenger stuff is.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff