Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gaming Convention Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:14 pm
So yeah, sorry I've been sparse lately. Getting ready for a gaming convention I'm going to this weekend. My alt-itis has decreed I make a character of every role for every game I'm playing in, so that's 20 characters I've been putting together. o_o'

21, including my war wizard for a return to a competition I did last year.

Also, the DM has asked me to make a few extra pre-gens for other players, so I'll be dedicating a little more time now to preparation.

Come Sunday Evening, I'll be done and free, and able to turn my full attention to the guild again :3

I'll poke in on and off until sometime mid-Friday. After that though, I'll be back Sunday night, or possibly Monday morning.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 pm
Quote:
D&D - Good King Wencesla (D&D 4e)
By Brad Velcoff. The Kingdom of Benevolio thrives under the magnanimous rule of King Wenceslas and Queen Joyann. The citizens are happy, healthy and comfortable. There are no wars. In short, the situation is intolerable for the malcontents and misanthropes. The PCs are called upon to end the rule of righteousness, eliminate the royal couple and establish a kingdom of evil. A 4th Edition scenario for 3rd level characters. Pre-gens will be provided, but making your own characters is recommended.

Characters made

Amon Horris, Tiefling Dual-flail Ranger; "I am the scourge of Bael Turath!"
Javed, Deva Prescient Bard with a Bow; "Every tale I tell, I've seen with my own eyes."
Thunder, Longtooth Malediction Invoker of Melora; "You must be punished for your disregard!"
Helena Waters, Wildblood Warden; "I tire of oppression. I make my stand here."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:53 pm
Quote:
D&D - Graverobbing (D&D 4e)
By Brad Velcoff. The PCs are approached in a seedy tavern by a really ugly half-orc who promises wealth and magic items for their assistance opening up a few old graves in the town cemetery. However, the graves contain gruesome secrets of debauchery, perversion and murder. A 4th edition scenario for 7th level characters. Pre-gens will be provided, but making your own characters is recommended.

Characters made

Ivy, Razorclaw shield Fighter; "Let's see you best the defenses of the Razorclaw!"
Kurt Portner, Half-Elf Summoning Wizard; "I am an army of one. Don't believe me? Your loss."
Eros Cartwright, Human Avenger of Sehanine; "I am a champion of love. My heart is as steadfast as any armor, my passion as keen as any blade."
Saras Behovias, Elf Stalker Shaman; "I am a force of nature. What kind of force, you ask? ... you'll see..."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Quote:
D&D - The Maze (D&D 4e)
By Brad Velcoff. Lord Archibald Greenway, the wealthiest man in the land, disappeared inside his vast Hedge Maze months ago and is feared dead. His servants offer a reward for the discovery of his body and Last Will and Testament. But no one who has entered the maze has ever returned. Can a brave group of adventurers be the first to successfully navigate the maze? A 4th edition scenario for 13th level characters. Pre-gens will be provided, but making your own characters is recommended.

Characters Made

Samson Heartfellow, Halfing Bravura Warlord; "The clash of steel! The roar of flames! The cries of battle! I LOVE IT!"
Vance Chambers, Human Control Wizard; "Everyone, just... just shut up for one second! Grr... THERE, FINE! Happy now?"
Tarak Nelgond, Half-Orc Ardent Paladin of Erathis; "To absolve my soul of its sins, I will purge myself through rite of battle."
Dessiagrata Shi'Laraza, Eladrin Hoity Toity Thaneborn Barbarian; "Can we be civil about this? Please? For your sake? ... I was afraid you'd say that."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:23 pm
Quote:
D&D - The Resounding Bell and the Volcano (D&D 4e)
By Brad Velcoff. Every 50 years, the volcano on Bell Island erupts, causing untold destruction to coastal cities and towns within several hundred miles. Why does it erupt so regularly? There are rumors of a terrible artifact, powerful enough to cause the volcano to erupt...or powerful enough to make gods of ordinary men. A 4th edition scenario for 20th level characters. Pre-gens will be provided, but making your own characters is recommended.

Characters Made

Lars Bradford, Human Greataxe Fighter; "Nothing shall stand in my way. Not for long, anyways."
Taranis Stormbeard, Dwarven Lightning Sorcerer; "You know what the odds of YOU being struck by lightning is?"
Shelka Duruk Tasatsha, Warrior Cleric of Avandra; "I will go and lend aid where ever I am needed, however I am needed."
Drehnach Renngarruck, Dragonborn Druid; "I am the closest thing to a benevolent dragon you will ever see."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:29 pm
Quote:
D&D - Final Moments, Death of a Planet (D&D 4e)
By Brad Velcoff. Poisoned water, unbreathable air, death of all species....the planet is dying. A golden ship has been built to take the most powerful creatures in the world away to begin anew life on another world. Only who determineswho lives and who must stay behind and die? And what if those who asre to be left behind fight back? A 4th edition scenario for 25th level characters. Pre-gens will be provided, but making your own characters is recommended.

Characters Made

Narasuel Yel'rayuth, Resourceful Boosting Warlord; "Follow me, and I'll get us out of any situation, no matter how dire."
Hala, Deva Star Pact Warlock; "Time changes the world like the ocean does the shoreline. Only the stars remain unchanged."
Brother Mercutio, Wrathful Invoker of Pelor; "I come as a messenger for either peace, or destruction. Choose wisely."
Simonn Shaelfi, the unstoppable Earthstrength Warden; "I'm the world's toughest gnome! Rawr!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 pm
Dang, should of let some of us help you out bro, but I'm abit of a power player turned rp goon so my ideas would be numbers first story after  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 am
Geebus Rain! I swear you just don't sleep. eek  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm
On the plus side, I finally grabbed Primal Power yesterday! Huzzah!

I'll be leaving within the hour 3nodding Last game ends 6pm'ish on Sunday, and I should be back by 8-9, I'd say :3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 pm
I wish I could go to stuff like that.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:32 pm
Rain Yupa
Brother Mercutio, Wrathful Invoker of Pelor; "I come as a messenger for either peace, or destruction. Choose wisely."
22.5 levels later, lets hope he's come to terms with his god. or that your epic level dying planet game has some evil squirrels in it.

And here I thought I was kicking around too many unused character ideas. I bow to your over-preparedness. I'm curious about your choices of paths and destinies for some of the higher level characters. and whether Taranis Stormbeard is a stormsoul sorcerer or a lightning-element dragonsoul.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm
I recall his Dragonborn Druid idea in my game that fell apart as soon as we switched to a sub forum, alot of unused rp potential.  

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:17 am
Then re-used for another game that fell apart before even getting to the rp! =P  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:42 am
joe-dude667
Then re-used for another game that fell apart before even getting to the rp! =P
its always sad when good characters die OOC, and not in game.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 am
Hey, the hotel has a (really really tiny) computer lab!

2 games in.

First game, I played the Warden, and we succeeded overthrowing the monarchy. Our plan of subterfuge quickly resorted to a running battle with guards, as per really poor dice rolls for Bluff and Stealth.

Fun fact! Skewering the toddler prince on a greatspear does WONDERS for keeping the King and Queen from retreating from the battle! Better than marking them, even!

Second game, we got horribly spanked by the first encounter. Brain in the Jar, 2 Tomb Guardians, 2 Shadowy Skeleton monster things. FAR higher than a 7th level encoutner (only 4 players). We BARELY survived, having used all our encounters, dailies, and utilities, and still half the party was down. We had to go extend rest after the first battle JUST to continue.

Second battle (all we had time for) ended in about 1/5 the time, due to finally some decent rolls on our parts. Big bad went down in 2 rounds.

Catch y'all later!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces