Reply Community Lounge
Stalker? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:24 pm
I'm totally creeped out, it's ok Panny... It's not you xd , no there is a woman who is trying to get a hold of me through GTR. Now this woman clearly knows nothing about our situation as she wouldn't have sent GTR the message. Why didn't she send me the message directly? This is what she said...

I am trying to get a hold of "my name here". Could you give me her
phone number? I would appreciate it.

Who in hell would give a random stranger a phone number? I can't figure this out and I'm fully creeped right the hell out!

Help?!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm
wow...wtf...creepy...sad to say it's not me...  

Arcanas

Hunter

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm
All I can think of to say is ignore it unless they get more persistant.. :/
That's what I would do.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm
The only thing I can figure is debt collection... but isn't it illegeal for them to do this? And even more so if it's during a time when she's not working?  

God-Raped-Me

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 pm
I know I get debt collection calls all the time...but never through the internet...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 pm
Yunie, I thought about ignoring it at first, but I was bothered more and more by the fact that she is trying to go through GTR to get to me didn't say who she was or what she wanted. Something seems hugely fishy about this and I intend to find out!

Arc the only person I have calling me is CIBC and I already talked to them once. I can't imagine who would be trying to call me now.  

God-Raped-Me

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:08 pm
Ask them the next time they call?
And yeah, that's really weird she's trying to get to you through GTR o_O  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 pm
That's another thing, she didn't call. She sent GTR a message over facebook!  

God-Raped-Me

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:17 pm
wow...that's super random  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:22 pm
I know eh? That's why I'm so creeped out. She knows NOTHING about us but wants my phone number? Ya we're going to send out our phone numbers out to people we don't know! That's always smart!  

God-Raped-Me

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm
no kidding...I say arrange a meeting somewhere neutral, and then punch her in the boob.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:31 pm
I would report the message to Facebook. No company should be asking you for your and your husband's information.

If it's debt collection, the only time they can call is when the person passes. If debt settlements aren't set up with another company or in the person's will, you can deny them their collection. They have no grounds to ask you to pay a deceased person's debts.

If you ever get scared and they actually start making threats, I would call the police.

@Arc: Lmao, stop taking my saying about punching boobs.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm
but you weren't here to say it!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Ya I know the rules with debt collection companies. I can't wait to find out what this is about! I also rather like the idea about punching her in the boob!

My father is a dumb s**t sometimes. He tried telling me that it's not illegeal for them to get information after hours. I tried telling him that I looked at the act for what collection companies can and can't do, but he didn't want to listen to me.  

God-Raped-Me

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Well, if you owe any one money, there is a new trick debt collectors use and it is to try to contact people online via Facebook and MySpace and such similar sites. Yeah, they are pesky like that.

If it's not that, well I know a chick who used to spy on people in a similar fashion. She even went as far as making false identities to try to get in good with her target, if she couldn't guess their passwords first. Hm...my mother knows an ex-fiance like that too, come to think of it. Similar tactics were/are employed. Here's to hoping you don't have any enemies that are nutsoid like they were/are. But just to be safe, report the poster.

Why report them? Because the Facebook people should be able to ban a harassing ISP fairly easily. Then it makes it harder for said person/agency to harass either of you. If you do learn the identity of your stalker, consider a restraining order if you think they are a serious threat. I hope it isn't going to be that bad, but just in case, protect yourself and your family...obviously don't give your contact info, and consider upping your security settings on Facebook.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff