Reply Community Lounge
old people tripping Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oddpupas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm
I saw some old people fall today and laughed hysterically at it. I was scolded for this of course, but hell it was still funny. Anyone else agree that old people, or people in general, falling is hilarious?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 pm
Old people falling in public, while some would get a good snicker at it, is extremely dangerous to the person who falls, as bones get more brittle over time and fractures are more likely to occur. I do not feel that this is a laughing matter.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm
lol I do laugh but, Roland is right. It is actually very dangerous sad but, ...I can't help it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm
I'm always scared that I will have to be the one to call the ambulance or do first aid. NOT even remotely funny. Falls and broken bones can be fatal for the elderly with higher risk of clot-related incidents like strokes, inability for bones to heal correctly, and a number of other factors in play.

It's funny when I fall down, but 2 and a half months later, I still have bruises and swelling in my arm and my leg where I fell and injured them. I may need surgery to correct the problem before I end up with permanent nerve damage.

Laughing at old people falling down is akin to laughing at drowning babies.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm
Drowning babies aren't nearly so funny confused  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:12 pm
I tend to only laugh if I know the person isn't hurt and they're laughing too. I prefer to be a "laugh with them" kind of person instead of a "laugh at" even if sometimes I can't seem to help myself. But I can't recall ever laughing at anyone elderly falling. My immediate reaction is usually "OH NO!" not "HA HA!" *shrug*  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:32 pm
If I see an elderly person fall, my reaction is, "Oh ********! D=", not "haha!".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm
I worry when anyone falls, if you fall the wrong way even you can break something. However this thread totally made me "haha"!  

God-Raped-Me

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm
When I see an old person fall I think "Oh no! Oh my gosh, please don't be hurt. Ah! D:" and other thoughts of anxiety. I don't think it's funny at all. If, say, a teenager is trying to act suave and they fall on their face, I might laugh, but I never laugh at old people. It's not funny, it's actually very serious.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:32 pm
I'd laugh as I help them up.

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

oddpupas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:41 am
hm, where as I respect all that has been said, I meant stumble rather than trip and fall. I would never purposely luagh at an old person falling and breaking there hip though i might chuckle slightly if they scream out "MY HIP!!" I'm sorry that's just my morbid sense of humor  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:42 am
eesh laugh and their**  

oddpupas

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:56 am
There IS an edit button so you can go back and change your mistakes. Please don't double post.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 am
My response to old people falling is basically the same as anyone else: help them while laughing and ask if they're okay.

Umm, the only time I didn't find it funny was when the lady peed herself trying to get up, and then I had to get my friend to clean it because I was too squicked. confused  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:29 am
And here I came in and expected old people on drugs, trippin balls.
Tsk tsk..what a letdown razz  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces