Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Masterwork Enhancements - UPDATED - March 3rd Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of my Masterwork Enhancements on a scale of 1-10
  ~Squiggly Poll Whore!~
  1-2
  3-4
  5-6
  7-8
  9-10
View Results

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:32 pm
Masterwork Enhancements.

Exponential Costs
All costs are exponential except for Disarm, Trip, Sunder, and Feint.
An example of the +1 Hardness and 5 hp Enhancement costs would be; +100 Gold for the first time, +200 gold IN ADDITION to for the second time, and then +400, +800, +1600 gold in addition each time.

Example

The requirements to give a Longsword the Enhanced Masterwork Quality of say
A Masterwork Reduced Weight Longsword, Enhanced +5 Hardness, 25 HP.
Would require that the Masterwork Component of the item have a DC total of 34.

This means that in order to create an Enhanced Masterwork item such as a longsword. You would be required to craft the item as normal, except the DC of the item's Masterwork Component would be increased, as well as the Masterwork cost of the item.

Meaning the Masterwork Component DC of the example longsword would be DC 34, and the Masterwork Component Cost would be 3600 Gold.

The Blue-Print

Price of Weapon = 15 Gold.
Masterwork Component = Separate MW DC of 20, +300 Gold MW Cost.
+5 Hardness, and 25 HP x5 = +10 to MW DC, +3100 Gold to MW Cost.
Reduced Weight (4 lb weapon) = +4 to MW DC, +200 Gold to MW Cost.

Total Cost = Cost of Weapon Materials + New Masterwork Component Cost.

[b]Masterwork Weapon Enhancements[/b]
Enhancement --------------| Cost ---------| DC Increase -| Maximum
Reduce weight by 1/3 (33%) --| +50 / lb Gold -| 4 ----------------| 1
+1 Hardness and 5 HP ---------| +100 Gold ----| 2 ----------------| 5
+1 Disarm -----------------------| +200 Gold ----| 2 ----------------| 4
+1 Trip ---------------------------| +200 Gold ----| 2 ----------------| 4
+1 Sunder -----------------------| +200 Gold ----| 2 ----------------| 4
+1 Feint --------------------------| +200 Gold ----| 2 ----------------| 4
+1 Damage ----------------------| +500 Gold ----| 3 ----------------| 5
+1 To Hit Bonus -----------------| +500 Gold ----| 3 ----------------| 5
+1 Confirm Critical Threat -----| +1000 Gold ---| 2 ----------------| 4
+1 Critical Threat Range -------| +1000 Gold ---| 6 ----------------| 1

Stacking
All Masterwork Enhancements stack with Magical Enchantment bonuses except as listed below.

When applying the Masterwork bonus from the Critical Threat Range Enhancement with Keen, or Improved Critical. You apply the benefits AFTER applying Keen, or Improved Critical, NOT before.

Example

Enhanced Critical Threat Range essentially increases your Critical chance by 5%. Meaning that a weapon with 5% chance to Critical, with the Critical Threat Range Enhancement has a 10% chance to Critical.

A 5% Weapon with Keen has a 10% chance to Critical, a Keen Weapon with a Critical Threat Range Enhancement would therefore have a 15% chance to hit, NOT a 20% as the additional +5% is added AFTER the Keen, or Improved Critical is taken into account.

[b]Masterwork Armor Enhancements[/b]
Enhancement ---------------| Cost ---------| DC Increase -| Maximum
Reduce Weight by 1/3 (33%) --| +75 / lb Gold --| 6 ---------------| 1
+2 Hardness and 10 HP ---------| +200 Gold ----| 4 ---------------| 5
+1 Max Dex ----------------------| +500 Gold ----| 4 ---------------| 3
Reduce ACP by 1 ----------------| +500 Gold ----| 4 ---------------| 3
-5% Spell Failure -----------------| +500 Gold ---| 4 ---------------| 1
+1 AC vs Confirm Critical Threat -| +500 Gold -| 4 ---------------| 4

[b]Masterwork Tools and Instruments[/b]
Grade Degree --| Cost ------| DC ---| Bonus
Masterwork --------| +50gp -----| 20 ----| +2
Second -------------| +250gp ---| 30 -----| +4
Third ----------------| +1250gp -| 40 -----| +6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:34 pm
Make sure to make mention on what game they are for and what version they are for this way we can gage them properly ^_^  

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 pm
All of my homebrew is for 3.5 and Pathfinder Games.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 pm
I'm looking at this from a 3.5 point of view, not Pathfinder. I totally missed the Pathfinder bit until after I'd already typed all this, but I figure I'd post it anyway. I really don't get the adding 1/2 BAB penalties to so many things, so either its' to make flaws significantly more hindering.. or a Pathfinder thing. But I still find up to -12 excessivee if its' the former.

Feat - Improved Weapon Finesse: Not crtique on the feat itself, but you have the text for the feat posted twice.. any reason I'm missing? xD
Flaws - Fear the Reaper: I would recommend having prerequisite/special note that you need to be a "corporeal, living creature." Someone could take this flaw and a template that makes them something that cannot be ressurected anyway (such as Undead.) Of course, it'd stop the living corporeal form from being resurrected after being destroyed but as a player.. if you make your character based on something undead, I think them dying period would be it for you. A DM, of course, could just say these two don't work - but why not just add the requirement to make it easier?
Flaws - Arcane Fatigue: Some more elaboration on this one? Every time you cast a spell? Every time you are hit by a spell? Both? Could also change it to Spell Fatigue (the name makes me think arcanists only) so it can apply to divine casters as well.
Flaws - Bestial Instinct: I have to wonder - Why does the penatly increase as one's level increases? At lower levels, this flaw is more of a nusiance than anything.. at higher levels (especially for Fighters), it really slams you. -12 penalty to attacks? I think there is a flaw that gives a -2 to a type (melee, or ranged) so I'd say maybe a set -4, -6, or -8. Since this is realy a combination of the above two flaws, only with a slight exception (and you only get 1 feat instead of 2 for taking both the other 2) I'd think -4 would be good.
Flaws - Chivalrous Courtesy: Pretty much the same as above.. Why does it go up with level? I can't recall any flaws that do that. As well, for something so specific/narrow maybe a set -6 or -8 would be better. Anything with full BAB would take -14. A Wizard could have this as low as like -5 and being unable to use spells isn't something that happens often (since I assume such a wizard would avoid ranged spells.. or use true strike).
Flaws - Shakey: Why the addition of half your base attack bonus? This flaw in 3.5 is a flat -2.
Drawbacks - Mute: This sounds like more of a flaw than something just worth a few skill points.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:49 am
Blackout Fury, for a chance at instant death, a player would want more than no fatigue damage. Mabey a huge str increase or damage bonus, DR to some level? Cause if I was playing a barbarian, my rage would be better in every imaginable way, and its a tad bit hard to die from loss of temp hp.  

Durgress

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:39 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:52 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:01 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:57 am
Old, Irrelevant Post.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm
Old, Irrelevant Post.  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:36 am
Looks like this type of thread was a failure.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:01 pm
Alright, I updated the main post, come on people.  

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff