View Results

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm
So, Gaia finally got a GOOD interview (IMO). For those who don't know, Tim Kring is the creator of the amazing Heroes tv series. I honestly cannot wait for Monday. Even though i get my wisdom teeth out this thursday and i am going to be in pain.

Discuss:
How bad getting all 4 wisdom teeth out sucks
Your opinion of Heroes

Done spoonfeeding, think of other relevant topics  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 am
I watched the first three volumes of Heroes. And I thought it was fail, so...I stopped watching.

But at least Kring has a good sense of humor, and helped Lindelof and Cuse write this gem of a joke at the Comic-Con Lost panel.

My mouth fit all my wisdom teeth, although they removed two eventually since they kept getting cavities. But they were already grown in so it wasn't a huge deal. I imagine getting them all taken out suck though! mad P:

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 am
Show gradually went to s**t...
This Erius does not care anymore, especially since he lacks wisdomteeth. razz

Yeah...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 pm
Such a good idea for a show, such promise. And then... gonk ...a whole lot of "what the ******** love Sylar. I still watch the show online sometimes.

Dental work scares the hell out of me. =x  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:05 pm
It was like Sylar's awesomeness was holding the show so they had to constantly change him around so he'd fit in every plot premise... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm
xp I loved the way they ended the last season. It was really bizarre and I'm eager to see how it'll play out this season. Anyone who saw it knows what I'm refering to.

Though I was disapointed that the doors were closed during the Peter/Sylar/Nathan fight. What must have been an epic battle, the viewers never got to see. Though I hold out hope that the scene was done that way on purpose, and that at some point this season we'll get to see the whole fight.

xp I'm also kinda hoping at this point, Claire and Noah will either work together or seperatley. Because I'm kinda sorta tired of watching them go back and forth on trusting each other. I mean...it's been interesting so far, but they seem to keep having the same issue over and over.

And I leave you with:
User Image

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAndoken!!!!  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

pickle relish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:51 pm
I hated the way the ended the third season. I mean, I don't like Nathan that much, but....gah! I was angry that they killed him off and replaced him with Sylar/Nathan. Apparently everyone keeps forgetting Claire's blood CURES EVERYTHING.*spoiler alert!*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:34 pm
There are so many gaps in my watching of Heroes..

But I have to agree with Tae. The show has so much potential and yet....*sigh* Oh well. I still like it though.

I love Hiro. Yup. (As I've said so many times before, he's like a teddy bear!)

Also, I don't like Claire anymore. At first I did, but now, no. I think (for me at least) with Claire, it's like what happened with Thirteen from House; They made her waaaay too important/started focusing on her so much that I just don't like her anymore. But then again, that's just me.

invisible-weirdo

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:09 pm
invisible-weirdo
But I have to agree with Tae. The show has so much potential and yet....*sigh*

And that potential for such a premise really paid off! ...When they called it X-Men.

ANYWAY. Back when I watched the show I remember being kinda confused with the Claire blood thing. Like, Peter and Sylar should have the same special blood...right? Since they absorbed Claire's ability? So like, when Nathan was all crispy in season two why couldn't Peter heal him? Why'd he need Adam?

Also, why are eclipses all special with giving and taking away powers? Especially if the powers have to do with genetics? And how effective are eclipses worldwide since an eclipse can only be seen in full at certain locations. Most people would see only a partial eclipse or no eclipse at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:26 pm
Simple answer Waku: Claire's ability isnt a "healing" factor, its Rapid Cellular Regeneration. It's on the CELLULAR level, its not something she can use on others.  

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:39 pm
Wait, what? So Claire's blood doesn't heal anyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 pm
They gave her blood to Noah after he got shot in the eye, and he healed...  

pickle relish

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:30 pm
Yes, her BLOOD. Blood contains CELLS. Rapid CELLULAR Regeneration. This wouldnt apply to peter though, since it isnt permanent.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:56 pm
But if Peter absorbed her power, then wouldn't that mean he CELLULARLY regenerates. So shouldn't his blood be just as spiffy? That's what I was asking.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:15 pm
He would regenerate like Claire yes, but i DONT think it would affect his blood composition. I correct myself, you are right, his blood should have the same properties.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff