I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
The Bitter Old Maid Club is reborn. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, let's poll the status of passers by.
  Attached.
  Unattached.
  Recently (or not recently) broke up.
  Disinterested from the get-go.
  Never been in a relationship with more impact than "friends."
View Results

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:11 am
Welcome, those of us who are either unattached, unlucky in love, or otherwise jaded about the rose-tinted world we aren't a part of. Here is a place where you can grump and grouse about it to your heart's content, or commiserate and scheme on future prospects.

Since I could not find the old thread for the BOMC, I have taken it upon myself to dress in the manner of a butler with a maid hat. We only get one opening day, after all.

I know this probably sounds like I'm cultivating a batch of sour grapes here, but I hope for this place to become an outlet for people to vent their frustrations.

So, discussion points are love, luck, the world, and how we aren't getting any of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:23 am
GRM could use some good fortune to hit her in the a**! All I want right now, because clearly GTR isn't coming home any time soon, is to go to school! But are they accepting me yet? NO! The only ******** thing I want right now and it's not happening.

I also keep getting depressed seeing people kissing hugging and whatever else. I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT s**t RIGHT NOW!  

God-Raped-Me

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:28 am
The original BOMC thread turned into the Angst Thread I believe >_>

Just wanted to point that out.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:38 am
I like this one too though because it's more specific!  

God-Raped-Me

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:52 am
recently left someone but is always open for the next guy to come along providing that he does not do to me what my ex's have done.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 am
blaugh This thread is a great idea. sweatdrop It sucks to be unlucky in the love department and feel like everyone around you is rubbing it in your face. That was how I felt in high school. So this is a great place for people to feel not quite so alone. ^_^  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:52 pm
So he breaks up with me, hooks up with someone else less than a week later, decides to bring his new toy to my roommate's birthday party, and *I* get warned (by said roommate) not to start drama? Like I want more bullshit in my life right now?? What, I'm supposed to hide in my room while he and whatshisname party with MY roommates in MY house?!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:13 pm
My depression kills my relationships. Though I'm unconcerned because its high school and a lot of the girls are ho-bags...  

dark_wyvern_panda

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 pm
Aww poor Tae! Just to piss him off I would hook up with a chick! Don't know if that would work though...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 pm
xD.

Personally I think the 'date their best friend's best friend' method works better.  

dark_wyvern_panda

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:35 pm
Oh Tae. I'll come over and keep you company, hun. I think he's being really inconsiderate to come over and parade this new boy in front of everyone. I'm not really sure what he's trying to accomplish. I don't care what Steve says, if that boy flounces in there tonight like the flaky airhead that he is, several of us are going to suggest that he leave post haste. mad

I really can't imagine you making a scene, anyway.

Anywho~
I wouldn't consider myself bitter, but I seem destined to be an old maid. Women are crazy. I don't have the time or inclination to put up with the emotional torture, so I'll just stay single. Of course it helps that no one in particular has caught my eye.

PS: The boy's name is BJ, I was told!
rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 pm
I can't say I'm totally a bitter maid. I'll just... go and take all the bitter man-maids and they can serve me fresh cheeses and breads and fruits. >.>

On to the thread, I'm very aware that I'm still holding selfish thoughts, mainly based on jealousy, of a very good friend of mine who I love with -- what my boss, friend, and critical ally describe -- an unconditional love. Or, it would be unconditional if I wasn't so selfish and wanting him for myself.

I can't seem to see sometimes that he is still very much in my life and I still very much love him and that he appreciates that and loves that part of me. However, the jealous part of me can't stand that I'm not the one that he gave a chance at a relationship, for (again, this is the selfishness) I I want to be the person to give him the most happiness, and I would do anything for him to attain the happiness he wants. Part of me loves him, and knows that if I truly love him I must let him be free to do as he wishes instead of being bound to me. The other part agonises sometimes (it's losing it's hold on me, thankfully) that he didn't choose me, and wonders why.

*shrugs*

That's my situation. It's not really that he's causing trouble; my thoughts are causing trouble for myself.  

Sentama Lin

dark_wyvern_panda

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:14 pm
*hugs lin* I can kinda understand ^^. My thoughts are my wolfs bane in their own way. And they usually hurt. I consider everyone a liar and believe they think im trash, etc etc. and there you have my horrible low self esteem issue.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 pm
God-Raped-Me

I also keep getting depressed seeing people kissing hugging and whatever else. I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT s**t RIGHT NOW!

I am not a Bitter Old Maid however I want to second GRM's point. I'm in a long distance relationship across a country at the moment. It's hard, but we get through it okay. But I miss him. A lot. And when I'm talking around a mall or somewhere, seeing people hugging and kissing or holding hands or anything, it hurts. It reminds me of where I'd rather be and who I'd rather have by my side at that second. It's horrible.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 pm
Lin if it makes you feel any stronger, I'm giving up on trying to help myself. I'm fed up of working myself up just to be let down yet again. I get excited then something ******** up. ******** having a life, ******** school ******** trying to get GTR out as soon as I can and ******** the people I'm living with! If anything good should come out of it good, but I'm done with working towards something only to find out it was in vein.

Cadhla, it's not just people, it's shows too. God damn never EVER watch any of the Shrek movies if you're missing someone!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff