Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
most unpleasant moments from the sword of truth Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pretty udia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 am
what was your most unpleasant moments from the sword of truth?

moments that terrified you?
made you angry
made you (possibly) lose hope in humanity
moments that were just unforgettable.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 am
Terrified me was the Slider sense were he takes the people's spirits it was literally a torture chamber.

Made me angry Kahlan getting hit so hard that bone was exposed.

I was getting close to losing hope when it look like Jagang won but it soon changed when the sisters of the dark failed at opening the box correctly. lol

The last one I'm not sure how to answer that one I mean Richard looking at the Snake vine and trying to pull it off I was like "that was smart stupid."  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm
for the forst two i have one word for you...namble *shudders* that part of the book was NASTY

but the plain unforgettable (but evil) was when tobias was revealed to have the gift although looking back it was obvious it shocked me the first time  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:22 pm
well it freaked me out with denna but i have to admit i was genuinely annoyed at the beginning of chainfire when no one believed richard and kahlan was no where to be found. and when kahlan didnt know anything about her life.  

Aquavender

TastesLikeMaliciousIntent

Smitten Nymph

12,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Punch your lights out
Hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment

Quote:
I've only made it to Pillars of Creation so far, but one of the things that made me feel very angry was the way Nicci's mother treated her. The things that she put in that poor girl's head. Made me hate her mother far more than I hated Darken Rahl. :/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Causin' problems makes you famous
All the violence makes a statement

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 am
same here, it just goes to show you how truly easy it is to be brained washed. Nicci for her whole life, thought she was worthless. she had a lot of things going for her- beauty, intelligences, and power- (things a lot of people only dream of having) yet all those things were seen as a sin... neutral
i also felt sorry for her father too, i honestly don't know how anyone could've loved someone (nicci's mother) who acted like that.  

pretty udia

Ianus Diabolus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm
I hated it when Richard was the only one who knew the love of his life existed, and the frantic feeling trying to find out if it was true, much less show anyone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 pm
I think it would have to be when Kahlan betrayed Richard in Temple of the Winds. It seemed so unfair to her, but at the same time, I understood Richard's intense pain. It was really bad for me to see such a perfect couple be so completely torn apart and made me wonder if anybody could do better than that. Fortunately, they made up and got married, so that was a nice uplift for me. blaugh  

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 pm
All of these are great, I'd list all of them myself. I think a moment that really upset me was in Chainfire when the beast went through Cara and we thought she was going to die. I was very upset when I first read that because I hate it when an author kills off a beloved character like that. Thankfully the next chapter lifted my spirits back up. I love Cara. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 pm
I hated the beginning of Chainfire-I MEAN GET A GRIP PEOPLES! HE'S A RAHL FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! GET IN GEAR!!!-and I don't like everyone dying under the vast numbers of Jangang's army; call me too sensitive, but it's irksome that everyone on the good side isn't a vampire. Oh, and Temple of the Winds and Soul of the Fire; I have to say I disliked those books.  

LadyScribe Skylar

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Mordsith Mistress92

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:53 pm
The moment that most 'terrified me' was at the begining and through out chainfire. I was just like how could this all be happening? Its Richard and Kahlan! this cant be happening to them, of all people!

The moment that really made me want to chunk the book across the room was in the second book, when Zedd and Adie had lost their memory and magic, and Kahlan almost had them killed. That frustrated me so much! But i also love how Goodkind keeps you on your toes

The most unforgettable moment for me was the end of Confessor, when Cara got married! It really was a story book ending! d'awww!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:53 pm
In my opinion the worst part was when Kahlan looks up at Richard when he's picking her up and says be careful of the baby when shes already lost it that made me cry. i put the book down for a couple of days after i read that.  

ArtemisiaAbsynthe

O.G. Guildswoman

10,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

abbeyjudithx

4,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:13 pm
both from chainfire

when no one believes richard that kahlans real

and when nicci says caras gonna die ):  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 am
I'd have to agree with sickly_disturbed, I was crying so hard. Oh, and when I thought Cara was going to die, I love her.  

andalicelaughed

SoulySephiroth

8,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:40 pm
So far i've gotton to the end of "Faith of the fallen"

But A part that really got me was the way people were reacting to the statue he made.

Cara being tortured by the rats in Temple of the Winds, more so when she says "Why did you tell him about the rats

It was sad that she lost the kid as well, but at least it wasn't a male child razz (I'm only up to faith of the fallen DO NOT TELL ME IF SHE HAS A KID!)  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff