Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Islamic Guild

Back to Guilds

A drama-free guild devoted to Islamic disscussion. 

Tags: Islam, drama-free, discussion, Muslim, Religion 

Reply Chatterbox/charity
Stripper pole incident Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:52 pm
The other night, Miley Cyrus a 16 year old singer & actress preformed at the Teen Choice Awards! The problem? She was on a stripper pole, classy surprised

But really, if you google her name you get some racy images..So the pole isnt so bad compared to them. But wow, 16??? Come on girl...

I wasnt offended, but i though it was quite tacky and ridiculous.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments? Questions Concerns? xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 am
I don't follow alot of the media hype and the constant advertising of such stuff. I do however have a sister that is 14 and I dislike the constant focus on the physical, the sexual, etc. The children seem to grow up alot faster than when I was a kid. Sad really.  

000MrZero000

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:27 am
All my friends hate her...all of them...so do I, but that is not the point...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:11 pm
If she wants to act like a slut that's her business, however I wish she would remember that she is a role model for young girls everywhere. I was once again dissappointed in her, but I'm more concerned about all of the girls who follow her. I didn't like that she chose that act for the Teen Choice Awards. She could do it somewhere else. stare
What were her parents thinking? She is another Lindsey Lohan. I've seen way too many decent girls falling into the trap of emulating their icons and all the consequences that go with it. I wish our youth wouldn't focus that much on sexual appeal. It gets them in trouble. They're too young for that crap. (sorry for the rant. sweatdrop )  

RubyLight

goat raja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 pm
Their messgae to kids is: It's ok to dance on a stripper pole as long as you're on top of an ice cream truck!

Lmao. It's pretty sad. But don't be suprised if you hear she's preggo in the next few years. Honestly, I would NOT be suprised at all.
These people have no fear, no religion and no shame.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 pm
RubyLight
If she wants to act like a slut that's her business, however I wish she would remember that she is a role model for young girls everywhere. I was once again dissappointed in her, but I'm more concerned about all of the girls who follow her. I didn't like that she chose that act for the Teen Choice Awards. She could do it somewhere else. stare
What were her parents thinking? She is another Lindsey Lohan. I've seen way too many decent girls falling into the trap of emulating their icons and all the consequences that go with it. I wish our youth wouldn't focus that much on sexual appeal. It gets them in trouble. They're too young for that crap. (sorry for the rant. sweatdrop )

Haha, i foresee her going down hill just like Britney Spears.
What is in the water that Disney is giving these girls? rofl

@ Waiting Dear:

She probably will be pregnant >_<
At least she has oodles of money to fall back on.  

Call Me Apple
Vice Captain

Sparkly Shapeshifter

000SirCrocodile000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:06 pm
I learned alot in college about how the media influences us in all areas of life, and I really look forward to finally working on my art reflecting this...most are collage pieces in my head that I cannot work on at the moment...but if you can get a hold of this book, you should read it..it is excellent...

The Culture of Fear: Why Americans are Afraid of the Wrong Things

http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Fear-Americans-Afraid-Things/dp/0465014909  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm
RubyLight

I agree, as I mentioned myself, kids now seem to really want to grow up fast and are definitely looking alot older than they used to...or maybe I'm growing younger XD All these kids have everything they could ever want..except maybe attentive parents, supportive family and friends that influence in a positive way. All I hear is how everyone is "Bored" ...how can all these kids be bored? They have all the material items they could ever want. confused But perhaps they have no spiritual base to keep them lifted up internally...  

000SirCrocodile000

Monoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:00 am
Sex sells and media companies know that confused

Sadly allot of kids are growing up way faster then normal, I saw 10 year old kids flirting and making passes at each other and a 13 year old kid demanding to be sold a packet of condoms in the supermarket eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:27 am
Lol. I did better. I went and watched her on Youtube.
*in Bill Cosby voice*LOOK!!!, MILEY CANT DO A TRICK. BUT SHE IS DRESSED THE PART. LOOOL.
I would been wondering what would have happened if they took the mic away from her while she was up there.
SNL did a skit about singers like this: they can sing like no one's business but they show all their business in the process. Alot of ppl take this as confidence and self-expression.
Like: Oh she is a woman who demands respect b/c she can do sorry pole tricks and sing at the same time.  

bilqisnargis

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

seurot-hell-rider

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 am
The fact is I'm a 16 year old and I, personally, never liked her songs, her style or her acts, ever, but I can't be any more disgusted and disappointed seeing a girl of my age acting like a bar-whore. Children growing up really fast these days? Of course! Many of them! Some classmates of mine started having relationships from the age of 11/12! Thank God (Alhamdulillah) I'm not one of them and really, I am a lot more childish and shy compared to those outgoing girls.

@Monoh: scream Blame the media for making shows that encourage these. Hollywood, too, is playing a great role. And where have the parents gone? Don't they know what their children are upto anymore?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am
Her parents were watching her in the audience. It made me sick. I typically point to cases like Miley Cyrus to illistrate the effects of bad parenting. confused Disney has gone so far downhill, it's unbelievible. I don't even watch the channel anymore. Walt Disney, may he rest in peace is probably vomitting in his grave.  

RubyLight

8Senna8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 am
RubyLight
Her parents were watching her in the audience. It made me sick. I typically point to cases like Miley Cyrus to illistrate the effects of bad parenting. confused Disney has gone so far downhill, it's unbelievible. I don't even watch the channel anymore. Walt Disney, may he rest in peace is probably vomitting in his grave.

I love the older Disney movies and wish that Pixar had stayed separate from Disney, but they were making them look bad XD

It's really sad; I kinda see the reflection of Disney going downhill as an echo of how younger people/society is going downhil.. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:33 pm
seurot-hell-rider
The fact is I'm a 16 year old and I, personally, never liked her songs, her style or her acts, ever, but I can't be any more disgusted and disappointed seeing a girl of my age acting like a bar-whore. Children growing up really fast these days? Of course! Many of them! Some classmates of mine started having relationships from the age of 11/12! Thank God (Alhamdulillah) I'm not one of them and really, I am a lot more childish and shy compared to those outgoing girls.

@Monoh: scream Blame the media for making shows that encourage these. Hollywood, too, is playing a great role. And where have the parents gone? Don't they know what their children are upto anymore?

you've just said everything i was going to say.

@8Senna8- i miss those old disney movies too. i remember sitting with my little sister and watching them  

Strawberri Dreamz

9,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

RubyLight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:31 pm
I love the old Disney movies. My sister and I are collecting them. heart  
Chatterbox/charity

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff