Reply The Beatles
The Curse on John Lennon Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm
Supposedly there was a curse on John Lennon all having to do with the number 9. John Lennon thought 9 was his lucky number because so many good things happened with the number 9. But 9 years after he moved to new york he died. The day he died in Liverpool it was the 9th. He died at 11:07 1+1+7=9. I know it sounds crazy, but I saw it on tv and I thought some people would like to know. So does anyone think it's real?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:45 am
hmmmmmmmmmm creepy, you know i hate the song revolution 9, its anoying as hell!!! number 9 number 9 only song i hate by them  

VampireJess14

Appoline Artemisia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 am
VampireJess14
hmmmmmmmmmm creepy, you know i hate the song revolution 9, its anoying as hell!!! number 9 number 9 only song i hate by them

Revolution 9 isn't a song. It's a track that they practiced effects with music on. They though it sounded cool, so they decided to put it on their album.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm
Appoline Artemisia
VampireJess14

Revolution 9 isn't a song. It's a track that they practiced effects with music on. They though it sounded cool, so they decided to put it on their album.

(To add to Appoline)
You must remember that they were high when they did it though.  

The Little Fellow

Appoline Artemisia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:49 pm
Day Tripped
Appoline Artemisia
VampireJess14

(To add to Appoline)
You must remember that they were high when they did it though.

True, but it was mainly to practice making their music sound all trippy and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:55 pm
I actually knew about this curse. XD lol My Uncle told this to me when I was three.
Peace and Love,
Sazzie heart  

Sazzie Lotus Song

Shoshana5769

950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm
I don't think there was a curse on John Lennon. I just think that he believed in things that some idiots didn't agree with, and they killed him for it. It's sad, but that's it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:40 pm
It sounds very interesting, but like you said, many good things happened on the 9th as well! Isn't being born on the 9th good?

But...you may be onto something. I've never thought of it that way actually..  

The Lover of Wonderland

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am
Shoshana5769
I don't think there was a curse on John Lennon. I just think that he believed in things that some idiots didn't agree with, and they killed him for it. It's sad, but that's it.

Actually, the reason Mark David Chapman killed John Lennon was because he was mentally unstable and wanted to be known for something.Some people believe that Mark David Chapman killed John Lennon because he said The Beatles were more popular than Jesus(which they were),but after the movie "Chapter 27" Which was based on the book Mark David Chapman wrote about himself they knew that it had almost nothing to do with what John Lennon said  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:30 pm
VampireJess14
OMIGOD DON"T REMIND ME.THAT SONG SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!  

Scarredskull13

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:26 pm
i just looked for that revolution 9 and it's...kinda freaky. (currently listening to it since you guys said it.)
do i hear a newly born baby?
and the number 9, number 9, number 9 freaks me even more...good thing it's morning. and it's long...

and you kinda have a point on that curse, but i'm not sure if i should believe it or not...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:03 am
Doesn't seem like much of anything, to me. But, Idk.  

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:04 am
isasm
i just looked for that revolution 9 and it's...kinda freaky. (currently listening to it since you guys said it.)
and the number 9, number 9, number 9 freaks me even more...good thing it's morning. and it's long...

and you kinda have a point on that curse, but i'm not sure if i should believe it or not...

Such a HORRIBLE song. (if you can even call it a song).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:48 am
idiot wind
isasm

Such a HORRIBLE song. (if you can even call it a song).

yeah, ik. surprised
i bet if i listened to it right nao (it's like quarter to midnight nao) i wouldn't be able to sleep.

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Vicarage Tea

Dangerous Prophet

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 pm
Cynthia mentioned the same thing in her biography on John.
Vague, but similar.  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces