Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Character Themes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:55 pm
So if you could give a character a theme song what would it be?
For Jace when he thought he was a demon i think his theme song would be animal i have become by three days grace. and when he thought clary was his sister his theme would be i dont wanna be in love by good charlotte. In general his theme song would be... welcome to my life by simple plan.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm
Well, I heard this really cool song that i thought would be good for Alec and his past confusion between Jace and Magnus. It's called 'Lover I Don't Have to Love' by Bright Eyes. Now that there's a topic on this, i cant think of any...  

netherfreak
Captain

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 pm
It's always like that for me. One for Simon could be Rockstar by nickelback. Well for Simon before he knew about Shadowhunters.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 pm
○○○

Hmmm. Someone did a Magnus tribute video on YouTube, and they used Electro Love Song by Markus Winter as the music. I always imagine Magnus strutting around in Pandemonium or some other place, workin' it, dancing with Alec, or maybe waiting on tables or something otherwise nifty. He'd be full-clad in his best attire~. >:B

I also think of Rain Is Fallin' by W-inds. x G-D of BIG BANG, because I doodled a picture of Magnus raving to it, ahahaha! You should give it a listen. It's totally awesome. ♥♥

Now that there's a thread for this ... I can't actually think of any. D:

Let me get back to you on it! I'll think of some songs for sure. I know I always tend to hear a song that rings a bell for a certain character and I go, "Oh, this totally fits so-and-so!"
I'll figure some more out in a bit!

○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:16 am
○○○

Okay! Soo.. After listening to my music, I've decided that I Can't by Velvet Code fits Magnus/Alec pretty well, prequeling to their relationship of course. It's a really addicting song, and I can see Magnus listening to it and relating. :B Song sample [here].
It has a very haunting quality, and I could picture it in a club. I especially love the whispering parts, the chorus, and the line that goes:
"You're only facing to prove yourself- but you're killin' me inside..."
(...it totally reminds me of book one, when Alec gets gravely injured trying to rescue Jace from Abbadon)
Going on to:
"Although you hate me, it's time to tell-
the truth that's been disguised.
I dunno why, but I'm still feeling you. . .
"
This is the big one for me:
"I (really) wanted to close the door,
but I'm finding it harder as I'm being ignored;
need ya' like I never needed anyone, before...
"
Yep. It's amazing. :B It may not fit perfectly, but I can totally sense them in this song.

I also think Last Day Alive by Out Of Your Mouth fits the Nephilim PERFECTLY. It could fit the battle with Valentine for both the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders, because it's one of those "Oh god, if I die before I fulfill my life...." songs.
I can also twist it around to fit Jace/Clary, a little bit, with how it's like:
"Have I lived my life up to now? The answer is, "No...!""
If Jace had died, they'd have so many things left unsaid and undone, and it would've been so sad and full of regret.

Also, the lyrics:
"Always thought I might've been a God -
Kinda thought I might've had a soul.
Never thought there'd be a better answer in my mind,
But my lips keep movin', sayin': "No!"
Am I livin' life now...?
Are we livin' life now?
" leads me to think of all the things each character wanted to do before they died. If they had perished in the battle, it would've been horrible; take Max's death for instance... he was so young.
The 'are we livin' life now?' part makes me picture the battle, and ALL the races fighting so hard to win and survive. Hell, I even picture Valentine and how the song could relate to him.

Here's a sample of the song [here]. ♥ I LOVE THIS SONG.

○○○

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:33 pm
Cool. Havent heard the song yet but i will in just a sec.
I was trying to think of something for Isabelle but all my songs are related to her flirty nature(thats putting it nicely) and i dont think you wanna hear that.  

Ace-Light

layers1459

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 pm
cynoyonrae
○○○

Hmmm. Someone did a Magnus tribute video on YouTube, and they used Electro Love Song by Markus Winter as the music. I always imagine Magnus strutting around in Pandemonium or some other place, workin' it, dancing with Alec, or maybe waiting on tables or something otherwise nifty. He'd be full-clad in his best attire~. >:B

I also think of Rain Is Fallin' by W-inds. x G-D of BIG BANG, because I doodled a picture of Magnus raving to it, ahahaha! You should give it a listen. It's totally awesome. ♥♥

Now that there's a thread for this ... I can't actually think of any. D:

Let me get back to you on it! I'll think of some songs for sure. I know I always tend to hear a song that rings a bell for a certain character and I go, "Oh, this totally fits so-and-so!"
I'll figure some more out in a bit!

○○○

I did see that video. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:48 am
○○○

So, now that I've basically fallen for Adam Lambert - that sexy, sexy man - I've decided that For Your Entertainment, Whadaya Want From Me and Sure Fire Winners fit him. :B Fever and Strut seem like Magnus-to-Alec songs, too.

...Screw it, all of his songs fit Magnus. LOL. X)

○○○

Ealdwic
Crew

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

unicornsrcoolio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:03 pm
That absolute perfect song for Jace is Hero/Heroine by Boy Like Girls. And for Simon in CoB and CoA would be Your Biggest fan by Nevershoutnever! And for Jace and Clary Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls. And.... that's all I got so far.(:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm
Haha this thread has basicly fallen dead...luckily I've got one for Isabel. I think "I love rock n roll" by Joan Jett works perfectly on her.  

Ace-Light

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 pm
'I kissed a boy' by Cobra Starship i can't help but think of Alec and Magnus

'I wont say I'm in love' Disney song would have to be Clary throughout the hole second book.

others i have to think about  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 am
Ok so this hasn't been posted on in a while so I'll add something. 'The River' by Good Charlotte for Jace, especially in the third book. LOVE that song.  

netherfreak
Captain

0odle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm
I thought Guardian Angel by Abandon All Ships was perfect for Jace, and the song All I Want by A Day To Remember for Clary. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 pm
I think a good theme song for Jace OR Clary would be Big Mess On Our Hands by The Academy Is...  

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Beyblade_girl_173

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:05 pm
I think a REALLY good song for Jace is Gaurdian Angel by Abandon All Ships. heart

Even just the feel by itself. Especially at the end of the song. You have the guy singing, and a guy screaming in the background along with a girl singing too~ I think it represents some of the feelings....

And Oodle thought of a good one! That one song.. You think You're Cooler Than Me...? ya know?  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff