Reply English Chat
Progressing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hayash1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 am
I've just started learning japanese, I decided to start learning the hiragana alphabet, I'm still on な に ぬ ね の as of today, I hope to learn past わ を ん by the end of this week. I know how to count to 100 but I'm quite confused about the number 7. One of the kids at my camp says something like hechi, another says shichi, another says nana. I've googled this and 2 of the mentioned popped up, why are there 2 versions of the number 7?

After all that, I plan on learning and memorizing how to write the other chart. But from there I`m lost in where to progress. I really don`t have a formal teacher. Any help is appreciated!

ありがと! 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 am
im pretty much in the same boat as you. except for it seems as if you know a little mmore than me. and on the note of the number 7, the 2 ways to say it are because of the old and new japanese i believe.  

FALKEN DRIFT EXTREME
Captain

5,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Hayash1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 am
Which one is the old and which is the new. Lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 am
that i dont know sorry lol  

FALKEN DRIFT EXTREME
Captain

5,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Hayash1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:19 pm
Lol, thanks. Hey do we have a suggestion thread? My suggestion is we make a pure Japanese chat thread (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji chat) etc. So people can practice there japanese.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:44 pm
I'm not sure which is old and which is new... but it won't matter ^_^ You'll eventually learn which to use in which situations. There is a suggestions forum but no one has ever posted there ^_^ But we already have an area to chat in Japanese here if you want to start up a new chat there or jump in on the one that is there already (though it hasn't been very active) feel free to chat there in any form of Japanese.... though I think romaji should be discouraged <<  

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

FALKEN DRIFT EXTREME
Captain

5,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 am
Tsaii Lin
Lol, thanks. Hey do we have a suggestion thread? My suggestion is we make a pure Japanese chat thread (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji chat) etc. So people can practice there japanese.

we have a japanese chat subforum and a suggestions subforum already  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:20 am
Thanks! I was thinking of chatting in Hiragana as it's the only form I know lol. My vocabulary is very small, I need to invest in a dictionary sometime. Is the chat in that forum Kanji? I can read some of the words that are hiragana but the Kanji I'm totally new to.

(I slacked off in Chinese class when I was younger so I don't really know how to read Chinese either so I'm really really new to Kanji).

Hayash1

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:30 pm
Tsaii Lin
Thanks! I was thinking of chatting in Hiragana as it's the only form I know lol. My vocabulary is very small, I need to invest in a dictionary sometime. Is the chat in that forum Kanji? I can read some of the words that are hiragana but the Kanji I'm totally new to.

(I slacked off in Chinese class when I was younger so I don't really know how to read Chinese either so I'm really really new to Kanji).

right now it appears to just be average mix of kanji and hiragana. But that doesn't mean that you can't type in just hiragana ^_^ And since it will probably be me and Falken talking to you anyway, we can cut down on some of our kanji usage to help you with learning it ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:23 pm
Kiseimaru
Tsaii Lin

right now it appears to just be average mix of kanji and hiragana. But that doesn't mean that you can't type in just hiragana ^_^ And since it will probably be me and Falken talking to you anyway, we can cut down on some of our kanji usage to help you with learning it ^_^

Thanks, I don't really know much, I know all of Hiragana and the sounds but don't really know how to form a sentence. My vocabulary is very very small as well. Think investing in a dictionary will help me with it? ._. I'm learning Katakana right now but should I master my doubles for Hiragana before I go on to Katakana?

Hayash1

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 am
Kiseimaru
I'm not sure which is old and which is new... but it won't matter ^_^ You'll eventually learn which to use in which situations. There is a suggestions forum but no one has ever posted there ^_^ But we already have an area to chat in Japanese here if you want to start up a new chat there or jump in on the one that is there already (though it hasn't been very active) feel free to chat there in any form of Japanese.... though I think romaji should be discouraged <<

---note---i would write in kanji  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm
-PuDdInG--luv you
Kiseimaru

yes but for those just learning they don't know much kanji ^_^ especially if they are self-teaching... so I think that starting the Hiragana with a few kanji sprinkled in is fine.  

Kiseimaru

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 pm
Kiseimaru
-PuDdInG--luv you
Kiseimaru

yes but for those just learning they don't know much kanji ^_^ especially if they are self-teaching... so I think that starting the Hiragana with a few kanji sprinkled in is fine.

true and thankyou, um is it ok if i just write in kanji? i actually dont know alot of hiragana (honestly i dont), when i was first learning japanese i was teaching myself kanji cause i thought it would be easier so thats what i know ^__^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm
-PuDdInG--luv you
Kiseimaru
-PuDdInG--luv you
Kiseimaru

true and thankyou, um is it ok if i just write in kanji? i actually dont know alot of hiragana (honestly i dont), when i was first learning japanese i was teaching myself kanji cause i thought it would be easier so thats what i know ^__^

let me re-word that im still learning kanji  

InsomniacNightlight

2,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
English Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers