Reply The Japanese Guild
does anyone take japanese classes outside of school? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame-no-Insomniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:31 pm
I go to Japanese class every saturday. We allatimes run out of things to do and watch anime for a half hour at the end of class. Sometimes we even have a full day of watching anime, but the only ones weve seen are studio ghibli movies, Doraemon, Inuyasha, and Fruits Basket. I don't have the money to buy a bunch of anime, so i use class instead xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:26 am
I've always taken Japanese classes in school, but have learned a lot outside of school from living in Japan twice.
But I do know people who take classes at the Japanese saturday school in Cleveland, Ohio...  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

origamiboxers
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:29 am
not me... I don't want to take any more classes than required... Im so lazy! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:48 pm
I'm teaching myself from scratch. >P

My friend says I have hope though. :3  

Silvermoonkasumii

Ame-no-Insomniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:41 pm
Silvermoonkasumii
I'm teaching myself from scratch. >P

My friend says I have hope though. :3
I did that for a year until I finally found a decent class. I'm still in one of the first classes though. But its fun! Since we're nearing the end of the third semester, we're doing apuppet show all in japanese. And i get to be the dragon! It's really cute, and our teacher is so funny. She breaks out into random emotions sometimes. surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:16 pm
I wish that i could take a japanese class. But all the ones that I find cost a bunch of money. crying Right now im self teaching myself.  

Spooky_Donkey

Cid_the_Stampede

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:43 pm
Our school doesn't offer Japanese... crying All we have is French I-III, Spanish I-IV, and German I (yeah, I've taken up through the third year of Spanish and the second year of French). There is a teacher at the local middle school, though, who lived in Japan for a time and teaches Japanese in a club-type format, and she's generous enough to let the high schoolers join in. 3nodding I'm not very good yet, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:28 am
Cid_the_Stampede
Our school doesn't offer Japanese... crying All we have is French I-III, Spanish I-IV, and German I (yeah, I've taken up through the third year of Spanish and the second year of French). There is a teacher at the local middle school, though, who lived in Japan for a time and teaches Japanese in a club-type format, and she's generous enough to let the high schoolers join in. 3nodding I'm not very good yet, though.

I asw your introduction though, you know more than me surprised , it sounded great biggrin  

Nankobo Tenkai

icepuff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:56 pm
I only know a little bit of japanese from watching anime... like 'arigato' and 'nani'. My school doesn't offer japanese... only indonesian (sp?), mandarin, and french. I'm currently teaching myself crying with my sister's textbooks when she learnt japanese at her school... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:35 pm
I used to have a Japanese class outside of school on Fridays last year in 9th grade but I switched schools...and I was so excited as having Japanese as an elective but now Im in a sophomore academy and we dont get electives because we only have 4 classes a day ><  

kurry_x3

rock_n_roll_princess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:54 am
no i don't  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 pm
Um. I used to take Japanese classes in the uni for 2 years, but I left that place, so I'm just giving myself classes with no school whatsoever. Trying to find some classes here though. And there's friends who're still learning, talking to them & watching anime & having some people in Japan to write to - I'd think that counts as something. stare
smile  

Ronale

Shameless Browser

Kumiko-Misaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:37 pm
I will be taking Japanese in school next year, and Chinese outside of school! Hopefully, the Chinese will make learning Kanji easier.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am
I'm teaching myself, but am thinking of taking a class in fall if I can get a job. Hopefully with that I can skip out of doing algebra at home. xd

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Qiang_Wei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:34 pm
im teaching myself, i might try to get a class. but its fun teaching myself. biggrin xd whee  
The Japanese Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff