Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elves on Bookshelves - The Bookcase for Friends of Fantasy

Back to Guilds

A literate guild for readers: We mainly discuss books, but feel free to share jokes and real life issues; we'll laugh and cry with you. 

Tags: contests & quests & advice for writers, faery games and medieval quizzes, original poetry, fan art and fiction, library of myths and legends, fun magic wizard, bookworm & bibliophile 

Reply Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!
Do you have a book that you call your "happy place" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress_of_Kitty_Cats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:43 pm
I think the Warriors series, twilight series, and now the gardians of time. What book is your happy place? Also if not a book what is it. My other happy place is Disney World!! razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm
Lets see, my happy place in books would be the Dragonlance series and the Obsidian Trilogy.
My other happy place would just have to be my bed and as broad as it may be, nature.

B-rad the Vampiric Shadow

Athena_68

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 pm
My happy place in books is the twilight saga, beastly, oh.my.gods., and sisters in sanity.
My happy place is my room and the soccer feild  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Seriously, when things get stressful, I almost always reach for the same book: "The Last Continent", by Terry Pratchett. It's the most recent (not very recent) installment in the adventures of Rincewind, the cowardly and lousy Wizzard. It takes place in a land that is vaguely Australian-ish. Nothing makes life better than reading about Rincewind and the Drop-Bears. The Luggage is always fun to read too - hundreds of little legs, all joining in unison to kick the crap out of whatever gets in its way. I can't even think about it without smiling.  

NannyOgg

Mistress_of_Kitty_Cats

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 am
They sound like some fun books and other places too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:18 pm
I have quite a few fanfics which I consider happy places. Real books though are any Harry Potter ones, Vampire Academy series, The Anne of Green Gables series (So cute ^.^), any L.J Smith books, or those little teenage romance novels (They always have a happy ending and it makes me smile biggrin ).

Other happy places are: nature, the bench by the pond outside my house, my room, and my hometown. smile

SuzelovesJamesPotter

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 pm
My happy place is any book that I like so much I've read it more than once. The comforting familiarity makes it my "happy place."

Some books like that are Harry Potter by Rowling and Artemis Fowl by Colfer. heart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 am
My happy place book would have to be Harry Potter. When I am stressed I read it, when I am bored, tired, hungry, thirsty, annoyed, angry, I read it. I read it just about all the time so I am always in my happy place XD.

Other happy places would be my room, out in nature, at the lake.

gerp91

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:06 pm
My happy place would have to be Daughter of The Forest, by Juleit Mariller. Also, The Sword Of Truth books (there are 13), by Terry Goodkind have become a HUGE part of my book life. I love them.
Other happy places would be the ledge of my balcony, and my roof, along with by bedroom. But I'm moving and will have none of these things, so I have to find new happy places.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 pm
As strange as it may seem my happy places in books are usually vampire novels. I enjoy the new age of vampire that the Twilight saga has created. And the writing of most the authors is just poetic and beautiful to me. Vampire Academy series, House of Night series, Twilight saga, and Most recently the Blue Bloods series. They are my most happy places xd . My other happy place would have to be my room.....because it's where i read. razz  

xx-book_angel-xx

Chief Lover_of_Animals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:20 am
My happy place when it comes to books are ones that I can easily put myself into and that are familiar to me. Like, oh I don't know, the Vampire Academy series and House of Night series. Yes, they are about vampires. When I was little my book happy place was......Night oof the Ninjas from the Magic Tree House series. I still pick that up once in a while. It's very rare that I'll read that now, because I have this thing for vampires, and, well, there aren't any vampires in it.
My happy places outside of books would be in the tree in my front yard, and on my bed curled up with.....wait for it......a book.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:27 pm
My happy place is the Lord of the Rings series. Sometimes even just touching the book's spine makes me feel better.
My real life happy place is my room, and my backyard.  

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

confuzedmuze

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm
If I'm depressed, I read Douglas Adams. If I'm just tired, stressed or cranky, I'll go for Harry Potter. Occasionally, I'll get into a Tolkien mood and go for my dogeared copies of LOTR and lose myself in Middle Earth.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 am
this is a hard question, it's so hard to choose just one book or series in which I dive into
I'd say anything on my bookshelf is my instictive answer but I guess

it would have to be the following:
The Dreaming Place by Charles de Lint
The Shympony of Ages series by Elizabeth Haydon
Harry Potter series (particularily books 3 and 5)
Finder by Emma Bull
any poetry by Gary Snyder
and
my the manga series Ultra Maniac and Rayearth  

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

FleurEvetteD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm
I suppose my two happy place books will always be Harry Potter series or Lord of the Rings. The first one is always happy because thats what got me into fantasy and the second one is just pure classic.  
Shh, the Librarians Will Never Know We're Here!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games