Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
OK, this thread works two ways: the first is the regular discussion with the theme of getting older and it's affects on how we lead our lives, and the second being a submission of a random sign that you are older, preferably one that applies to the person posting it.

I was going to make this a game, but I really didn't think it would take.

Anyway, post away, serious discussion or your "proof" of joining those of us who can be seen as getting older.

I'll start. My first real sign that I was getting older just came when I got voted on the the Board of Directors. Granted I am about ten years younger than the next youngest member, and it is the Board of Directors of a local community theater group, so nothing too major. But, damn, that is a lot of responsibility for a hobby!

(That should clarify that post on my Facebook for those of you wondering)

I may be getting older, but I won't ever be old. I still look about ten years younger than I really am. Clearly, I'll never be old, because I say so. That, and I don't physically age! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm
When your period stops. biggrin  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:57 pm
That is so gross!

But I guess that does count....still gross.

You know, it's funny, but when I ask the 60+ ladies if they still get their cycle, they totally take it as a huge compliment. Granted, I think it only works as a compliment if you are in a health care setting. Don't be trying that line, Jaft!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm
Oh wow.
I can totally see Jaft trying that. xD  

pickle relish

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:25 pm
Hahah oh I got a good laugh out of this!

When you say "God, I'm turning into my mother/father". Classic! Getting greys... oh those weekly greys piss me off! Or even when you can say I've been doing "something, lets say playing a sport" for 20 years! That makes me feel old!

I don't know what my random old sign is... sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:44 pm
I disagree Thal... it's not gross when your period stops. It's just gross when it occurs.

You're starting to get old when what you distinctly remember as the latest fashion craze when you were in school suddenly reappears as "retro" and the music you used to listen to is now on the "classic rock" station. Also when you have to get out your tweezers and magnifying mirror to pluck those stubborn thick black chin hairs.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 pm
You know you're getting older when you start to say, "I remember when..." on a regular (and increasing) basis... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 pm
People reminisce about the same shows you do... only they say "yeah, I loved that when I was in grade 2" and you feel so ancient....

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Trish the Stalker

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 pm
You know you're getting old when you stop understanding teenagers.

This may or may not be applicable to this thread, but apparently I act older than I am. The other day I was flirting with a customer and my co-worker (who's the age of my mother) was picking of me about the girl's age. The girl was 20. My coworker thought I was closer to her son's age. He's 28.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:16 pm
rolleyes Hell, I didn't understand teenagers when I WAS a teenager!

That being said, I think I'm mentally de-aging in some respects; I took myself AWFULLY seriously when I was a teen! ^_^

@Trish: I'm not EVEN going there. wink  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:12 am
You know you're getting old when you realize that, yes, that odd creaking noise is you.

You know, this thread reminds of a little book I read once that was basically a whole bunch of these "you know you're getting old when..." comments. I think the title was along the lines of "Old Age is Always Older Than You Are," or something to that effect.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 am
You know you're getting older when you start to notice that all the hot new celebrities are younger than you. ;_;  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:50 am
I feel like I'm getting older whenever I see other kids my age going out and partying the night away, and just seeing that makes me feel tired and creaky.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 am
You know you're getting older when you see younger kids running around, having more energy than thou and, sometimes you can barely even stand up and/or have the energy to do so. And after you stand, you have the real needy feeling of sitting/laying back down again. That feeling kind of sucks because you know you have stuff to do, but not have the energy to do so. sad  

XxDarkMalicexX

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:13 am
You know you are getting old when you hear the popular sayings of kids in middle school and high school, and they think it is the new thing, but you remember saying the same stuff in grade school.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff