Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
Do you reuse stuff? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlOoDsBaBy13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:07 pm
I do!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:04 pm
I would if I could, but honestly, I can hardly find the time to recycle. And the fact being that I can't drive to the recycling center twelve miles away. And the only ride I can rely on works in my free time, thus rendering me useless in this situation.
I do, however, use whatever I can to make compost piles to grow organic vegetables and flowers. Would that count?  

We Lie Awake -Breakdown-

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:18 pm
Hell yes that counts! Thats probobly the awsomest way to reuse!
And there is a R center in the close town that starts with a KING.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:00 pm
Yes, I know that, but I can't convince anybody to drive me. And, when I turn 16 and 9 months, I'll make sure to recycle~  

We Lie Awake -Breakdown-

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 pm
I ride my bike there. ^^ In your face!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm
Well you're lucky that you can actually get off your property. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere.  

We Lie Awake -Breakdown-

Honey Kyoya Panda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:00 am
Now, when we say reuse our resources, that means we don't let the water keep running down the drain, recycle, have shorter showers, and all that that goes with it, then definatly, I do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:10 pm
recycle, re-use, same thing. that water bottle you just bought? fill it up a few times. i wash mine, and take them to work. if i lose it, no great loss. grocery bags become tote bags, waste can liners, etc. if i have extra, which i don't thanks to the canvass totes, they go to the library to carry every one elses books in. clothes get cut down, remade, and passed around (we had lots of kids in the house). they finally end up in a quilt, tote bag, or some other odd thing until they disintegrate. boxes really get used well. oh, yeah. and my last computer? i didn't feel like paying the fee for the box to send it out of town to recycle, so it ended up turning into a robot at the last library craft project (it was older than old). one of them is now the reference mascot, right net to the recycled key wind chimes.  

Metal Wallflower

Sayonara-tan

Liberal Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm
I recycle all the time, my family does. We have recycling bins for plastic, cans, paper and glass at a few places within 5 minutes drive, 15 minutes walk, plus the local council do a 'green bin' collection every two weeks (garden and kitchen refuse, cardboard etc).

Plus I don't think plastic bags are that bad if you reuse them, I use them for lining bins for the stuff that we do throw away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:36 am
I do everything I can...Sometimes it's harder than others. I like where I live because we don't have to drive to the recycling plant-we put our bins full of our recycling on the curb and a big truck comes and picks it up. Its a city-wide thing and we're very proud of it.  

TheLittleOwl

freddie07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:36 am
Yes. I re-use my water bottle too, when it gets to cruddy, it goes out into the recycle bin, where its sent off to be made into something else.

We have recycle bins for clothing, (found at the front gate of schools), they're sent off to be sorted, and cleaned to be resold in preloved stores and op shops, and sent off for people in underpriviledged country's, and the stuff that are too well worn, are purchased by garages who use them for rags.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:44 am
I dont recycle o.o
recycling uses valuable recourses to melt down and then rebuild existant rescources...
you have to ask yourself: is plastic worth more then petrol and electricity?
also im a bit iffy on this one but at the moment i dont recycle paper... looking at it from an economists standpoint recycling paper destroys trees because it reduces the need for paper companies to replenish their own forests. altho i do recycle paper at school o.o it just makes others happy
[edit]
i do reuse things tho lol
altho... other then trash that comes from food
i dont have much to reuse >.<  

bloodiedheart

PoppyPatch
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 am
metal walflower
recycle, re-use, same thing. that water bottle you just bought? fill it up a few times. i wash mine, and take them to work. if i lose it, no great loss. grocery bags become tote bags, waste can liners, etc. if i have extra, which i don't thanks to the canvass totes, they go to the library to carry every one elses books in. clothes get cut down, remade, and passed around (we had lots of kids in the house). they finally end up in a quilt, tote bag, or some other odd thing until they disintegrate. boxes really get used well. oh, yeah. and my last computer? i didn't feel like paying the fee for the box to send it out of town to recycle, so it ended up turning into a robot at the last library craft project (it was older than old). one of them is now the reference mascot, right net to the recycled key wind chimes.

Although it's great to reuse plastic water bottles, it would be better to use a real one. You can recycle plastic bottles, but why go through all that trouble and make more work to recycle all those when you can just keep refilling your own that lasts longer? Besides that, many studies have shown that the water in water bottles is really not that different from water that you can purify at home, or the water that comes out of your fridge. Water bottle companies don't have to put ingredient lists onto their bottles, but I saw something on the news the other day saying that many companies can get away with just adding chemicals, etc. because the "main" ingredient is water anyway.

So for a cheaper, more convenient option, just buy your own bottle. Save the money, save your health, and cut out the middle man! (Well, not really, but you don't need to keep recycling all those water bottles! Let someone else buy them. Keep the demand low.) Did that make sense?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:51 pm
The best i could do was buy water bottles that I could reuse. I hoping to get one for everyone in my family so they stop buying water in a bottle.  

Aoko Rosetta

Tipsy Tycoon

11,650 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Sayonara-tan

Liberal Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm
PoppyPatch
metal walflower

Although it's great to reuse plastic water bottles, it would be better to use a real one. You can recycle plastic bottles, but why go through all that trouble and make more work to recycle all those when you can just keep refilling your own that lasts longer? Besides that, many studies have shown that the water in water bottles is really not that different from water that you can purify at home, or the water that comes out of your fridge. Water bottle companies don't have to put ingredient lists onto their bottles, but I saw something on the news the other day saying that many companies can get away with just adding chemicals, etc. because the "main" ingredient is water anyway.

So for a cheaper, more convenient option, just buy your own bottle. Save the money, save your health, and cut out the middle man! (Well, not really, but you don't need to keep recycling all those water bottles! Let someone else buy them. Keep the demand low.) Did that make sense?

Yup makes perfect sense =)  
5:: Topic: Resources.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces