Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Chaos/Anachren] chapter one: Anarchren's Discord Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:33 pm
For reasons unknown to you, you have been hired as a mercenary under the promise of great fortune, and as well to learn why you have been hired. and so here you are in the Grand Dragon Inn, In the city of Drazladier. sitting at a table surrounded by the other mercenaries that he has hired. and the person whom hired you. a silver haired, elfish looking man with silver feline-like eyes, is sitting at the end of the table.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:04 am
Gorwin Boarbane, a full plated dwarf with a small reputation to uphold as one of the best boarslayers about, looked thoroughly disgusted with his ale this morn. Of course, the slight hangover from last night's drinking challenge might have had something to do with his mood. "Oi... Barkeep! You going to serve something drinkable or am I going to have to go find me something to brew up a decent draft meself?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 am
The barkeeper seems frightened at the aspect of someone using his brewing utensils, " Right away Sir!" he says  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:38 am
Old Hag Wilda also sits at the table eying the silver-haired elf with undisguised lechery. The wrinkled crone's own silver hair is bundled beneath a black kerchief and she has a slight unch to her thin shoulders. She waggles her eyebrows.

"So handsome fellow, what would you have old Wilda do for you? I do have a fair trick or two up these sleeves, and more hidden elsewhere in this old robe of mine." she cackles softly as she appraises the elf.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:33 pm
The barkeeper sets down a mug of ale, and says "Finest in the city! Is there anything else you require?"

The man speaks in a strong firm voice that commands respect. "You may call me Ralkothiandren. I am sure you have heard the rumors spreading about vile armies amassing in the dark depths of Anarchren? They are very much true." He pulls out a map of the continent showing the major cities, he then points to a spot on the map, "There are three small goblin tribes meeting here. I would like you to eliminate them."

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm
The dwarf just nods. "It better be. Though I doubt it holds the punch of some of me favorites." He drinks some of the ale, looking at the map. "And I think we might be needing traveling supplies. Food, drink, and what have ye. Just tell us where we can pick stuff up."

The dwarf falls silent as he examines the map, draining the mug. He then looks at the elf. "I hunt boars. Goblins be costing ye extra, either in coin or mug." He holds up his empty mug for emphasis.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 pm
Ralkothiandren motions to the barkeeper and says "Another mug for the dwarf." "You shall be paid upon completion of each mission."
He tosses Wilda a Glowing Silver Gem, and says " once you have completed the assigned mission mission, say my name and throw it at the ground."

" Now then, are there anymore questions?"

The barkeeper walks up and deposits a fresh mug of ale in front of Gorwin.
Ralkothiandren hands him a handful of gold coins to pay for it, and whispers something in his ear.

the barkeeper then says "Aye sir, you've made a fine choice."

you see him count out twenty-five gold pieces, with disbelieving eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm
He raises a brow lightly, drinking of the new mug. "Alright. Well then, soon as I finish this, I'll start my preparations. Anything you be wanting to say, do it quickly. My humor and willingness to stay seated lasts only as long as the drink."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:06 pm
Ralkothiandren says "Then it's going to last you for quite awhile."

And with the the barkeeper walks over with two piping hot bowls of stew, and his assistant is carrying what looks to be a barrel of ale.

The barkeeper says with a greedy gleam to his eyes " Is there anything else I can possibly get for you?"

"No, that will be all" Ralkothiandren replies.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:49 pm
"Oh dear me, dinner and jewelry, you've bought yourself quite a bit from old Wilda here, kee kee kee!"
She extended a paper-skinned hand and inspects the gem before stowing it deep within the folds of her robes.

"Just say the word, handsome, and Wilda will perform."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:06 pm
"Since there seem to be no more questions, I must be off. Come to the northern outskirts of the town, before the sun has reached its zenith tomorrow. I shall have acquired enough supplies by then to last you for awhile" And with that he gets up and walks out of the Inn.

{{ Roll a perception check }}  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 am
The dwarf will take the keg of ale, whatever remains in it, and head out. "He says he'll get supplies... but I don't know." He frowns a bit then decides to head off to find a tanner to acquire some nice dear hides, as well as heading to get thread and needle at other shops. He stopped and thought for a moment, thinking out a list of what he'd need before heading to get it.

Going to want to purchase the following. Tell me how much it costs.

3 deer hides. 2 spools thread (cheapest color). 3 sewing needles, one of which is big enough to pull leather strips. One backpack. One belt pouch. Cheapest reliable coil of rope (50ft). 2 days rations. Waterskin. Smith hammer. Linen cloth (10ft by 3ft). 2 small barrels of strong alcohol. A dwarf sized tent. Flint and Tinder. Small skinning knife. Whet Stone. Small iron pot.

This should give him material to make field repairs to weapons, bandage wounds, have rope cause you never know when you might need rope, other stuff, and a tent for him. Sorry I listed so much.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:11 am
As you are walking you come to a shop that looks like it sells a little of everything. The owner says it will be seventy-two gold pieces, but for three more he will throw in some spices, a grappling hook, whistle, and two wineskin's.

(The keg is completely full, about 15 gallons of ale inside. )  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 pm
(Awesome. I'll mark down the list. The strong alcohol was for disinfectant... well, one barrel of it.)

The dwarf counts off some things in his head a moment before nodding slowly and tossing down the 75 gold pieces. "Well, 'ere. I might be needing em."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dragon HighLord Flambe

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 pm
He hands them to you.
The spices you notice are 1 lbs of cinnamon, 1 lbs of pepper and ginger, and a pound of clove.

You notice a spice stand on your way back and you realize you practically stole the clove.
You get a feeling that guy is going to be more then fired.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff