Captain

Distinct Genius

3,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:57 pm
Two awesome topics!
From my personal experience, and I believe that of many of my friends, Sailor Moon introduced me to astrology and mythology at a young age. Since then I've pursued both, learning a lot about them.
Specifically Greek Mythology has become a passion of mine, in high school I bought a used college book on mythology and have made many stpry ideas based off it. Recently I took Greek Mythology as my elective in college, and got 100% on most of it ;3 <3 <3 Love those greek myths.
Astrology is not far behind, also branching into astronomy. I have many space and zodiac themed books, decorations, art, blankets, etc.
I love the western zodiac, as well it helped lead me into New Age beliefs such as auras and stone healing <3

Anyone else have a similar story?
Anyone was to discus their zodiac sign? Mine is scorpio, I fit it exactly other than the need for revenge.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:53 pm
That's neat, I also love Greek mythology~ <3
Especially myths and the gods/goddesses, they're so interesting to read and learn about~! I even named my kitty Odysseus after the hero from Homer's epic The Odyssey [?]~ ^^

And my sign is Virgo, so my ruling planet is Mercury. My stone is sapphire, my metal is also Mercury, my element is Earth, and basically I'm super finicky and passionate about things if you go by the personality traits!

K a r a - tan

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 am
Actually, I was already into Astrology and Mythology from the get go, Sailor Moon was just icing on the cake for me. That's how I got my Sailor X was because I remember in first grade they were talking about Planet X (Eris now) and I thought "Huh... Ok lets make a senshi of that!"

I'm actually a cusp-believe it or not- because depending on what book or website you go to I'm either a Libra or a Scorpio. <<;  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:32 am
I know a few people who are cusps, they really are a mix of both signs. It's pretty crazy :3
“Guardian of the Gate of Death, I’m searching for the New World”

Sailor Chiron
Captain

Distinct Genius

3,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

suzume_tsukino

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:37 am
Like my aries taurus X3
not quite on the cusp but it seems to be close enough lol

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:26 pm
Yeah. xD; One of my mary-sue things is I always give at least ONE of my senshi my birthday.  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Candy goes B A N G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:59 pm
I was always a very big Mythology fan. As Rei said, Sailor moon was the icing. ^^
My absolute Goddess is Athena, and then Artemis.

Well, I'm an Aries [March 27th]
My stone is Aquamarine.
My metal is Iron
And my color is red.
I'm ruled by the planet Mars. [And the God Ares.]
Which means I'm generally masculine [extremely true. xD]
Apparently I'm strongly sexual.
And I'm aggressive, as well as decisive.
Also very energetic and positive.
I get angry easily, but forget just as quickly.
And I'm courageous, and quick to respond to situations
My sign is the surefooted ram, meaning I'm a born survivor.
I like to start things, but often leave them for others to finish.
I'm a leader, and as all my astrology books have said, I was that "weird kid who couldn't wait to prove yourself" [I still am. xD]
I have to be the best, even if I'm just starting, and if I'm not, then wtf. [like with my writing. xD]

An excerpt from one of my oldest books I got from my grandpa a long time ago best describes me:

"Aries is an extremist, physical, mental, and most assuredly, emotional. But if you are not careful you could go too far and become a social outcast, in which case you would be extremely lonely. ; You are the champion of the underdog and are known to climb up on the soap box anytime or place. You inject new life into your surroundings as you are always emerging into life, spurring others on to come out of the darkness and into the light. Aries is a survivor and even during adversity or perhaps starvation you are apt to ask yourself, "It's not too bad yet, when will the bad times start?"."

...I'm sorry, I got rather carried away. xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:24 am
My first love was an aries ;3
We're still good friends, and lived together for 2 years.

Around high school my love for mythology greatly surpassed my love for Sailor Moon. So I suppose it is icing now.

Artemis, and then Athena for me XD I have a great story about the greek gods becoming mortal, to be forced into working out their flaws. (Gods are so stubborn, sometimes it takes drastic measures to make them change. Atleast the Fates think so)
Athena and Artemis become a couple XD I couldn't help myself. Artemis is suuuch a lesbian. I mean, running from the gods to go play in the forest with hot nymphs?
As for Athena, one of her flaws was that she couldn't see any sense or meaning in love. But as a human it is much harder to ignore feelings of attraction >:3

“Guardian of the Gate of Death, I’m searching for the New World”

Sailor Chiron
Captain

Distinct Genius

3,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 pm
Greek Mythology was always interesting to me, but I never pursued it. And the only astrology I ever got into was the ocassional fun horoscope or the Chinese zodiac thing. Never led to anything at all.

My sign is the Aquarius. I took a little test thing at the fair, and it came with a paper about my sign and Uranus and whatnot. I don't remember much from it, sadly, but many things on it were accurate to my attitude. I sometimes tend to get in trouble by saying too much...and that's all I can remember. ^_^;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:04 pm
Actually, I'm an Pisces-Aries cusp, myself! (My birthday is March 22) And a Snake on the Chinese zodiac.

I have a book on Greek (and Norse) Mythology somewhere, and I've been recently getting into Celtic mythology as well.

MorrieNymph

Amechaninwonderland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:35 pm
Doesn't really relate to either, but Sailor Moon really got me into *astronomy*. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 pm
Even though I am a cancer and not on the cusp at all, I've been told I demonstrate both Leo and Cancer characteristics. Frankly I don't see the Leo but the Cancer is almost perfect for me. I have a falling sign of Taurus.

I am also a Rabbit in the Chinese Zodiac.

I am not sure if Sailor Moon contributed to my love of astrology because I have no interest in it besides my own signs but the manga artwork has inspired my own art style so much that my friends confuse some of my work for hers.  

Vivid Fizz
Crew

Distinct Elder

Sailor Chariklo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 pm
you must do some beautiful artwork then Vivi  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 am
Yes, I agree. Your artwork must be really great. Sailor Moon also inspired me to draw more.  

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

Vivid Fizz
Crew

Distinct Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am
Thank you but I don't see it. My friends do but I don't. I am not as skilled as her. Never will be.  
The Galaxy Cauldron

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff