Welcome to Gaia! ::

What the Frig? - A Ghost Hunters Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Paranormal, Ghost Hunting, Supernatural 

Reply What the Frig? - A Ghost Hunters Guild.
So, WTF, what scares you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What scares you most?
  Old/Haunted/Dirty Hospitals
  Power Tools
  Nooses/Hanging
  Dark Sancutaries (Seriously.)
  Insane Asylums/Sanitariums
  Crematoriums/Burning People In General
View Results

Gwen Of Sorts

Distinct Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:22 pm
You cry about what fame sent you...

I know this is slightly off topic, but I thought it would be interesting to discuss what scares us, and why. This idea came to me as I caught the last five minutes of the a GH episode that took place in a haunted old hospital. In the spirit, I will post a list of my top 5 things that seriously freak me out!

If you don't have any fears, discuss what you've overcome or why you aren't scared of anything. Or, you can lurk and bump. My fears will be in the next post!

(PS-I put a few things that scare me in the poll to see if any of them scare you guys too!)

EDIT: About half an hour after I posted this, I watched the end of the Spalding Inn episode only to discover that next week, the team will be at one of the most haunted and terrifying hospitals in the country. Unfortunately, I will be in San Antonio and will likely not be able to watch it that night, but perhaps when I return on Sci Fi Rewind later in the week. Looking forward to being scared out of my wits!

...without a plan of attack.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Now, I don't want you all to think I'm a huge wuss, but there are certain things that you could put in a horror movie that would scare me to bits. Here they are.

Gwen's Top Five Scares:
1. Being eaten alive, by insects, animals, people....ANYTHING. Very scary.
2. Rusty hospital instruments/old or unsanitary hospitals/dirty needles. Basically anything medical that has been twisted or demented.
3. Power tools! This stems from a couple of movies. Ask me about it some time.
4. Burning to death is a HUGE freaker for me! Studying the Holocaust in depth and making a 24 page book including pictures and testimonies really did this in for me.
5. Asylums and sanitariums. I can't stand the thought of being trapped in a health care facility when you're either slowly dying or convinced you're not crazy.

Honorable Mention:
-Nooses/Hanging, never fails to give me chills.
-Dark sanctuaries. I may claim to not believe in God, but I do fear the church, and several things associated with it.
-Amputation. 'Nough said.

Gwen Of Sorts

Distinct Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

Gwen Of Sorts

Distinct Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Apparently, I just fear slow deaths, torture, and the Church.

Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 am
the only thing that scares me is heights and dogs, death itself isn't scary because one way or another, I will eventually die and since I can see a sliver of what the next world looks like, and since I know I am going to be perfectly alright, I don't care what happens to this body I was given 3nodding  

Bronze L

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Gwen Of Sorts

Distinct Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:47 pm
Bronze L
the only thing that scares me is heights and dogs, death itself isn't scary because one way or another, I will eventually die and since I can see a sliver of what the next world looks like, and since I know I am going to be perfectly alright, I don't care what happens to this body I was given 3nodding

Yeah, but what if it was an incredibly slow and painful death? While your assumption of safety in the future may be comforting to you, it will hardly overcome the physical pain. And what if you were paralyzed or trapped in some sort of mental state in which you were not allowed to die? You would be forced to go on existing knowing how close you are to death without being able to touch it for so long.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 am
Spiders terrify me the most.  

Cosplay This

Sparkly Explorer

11,025 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Newbie Helper 100

Gwen Of Sorts

Distinct Seeker

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 pm
Lil Boot
Spiders terrify me the most.

When I was younger, I thought bugs and creatures were fascinating and awesome, but now I'm scared of the big ones and large spiders. Oh, and Regal Jumping Spiders. Those babies get me.

I've always been scared of wasps, bees, and horse flies, but I've learned to cope.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 am
Well. I've been bothered by churches lately, mainly I get sick/stomach ache every time I go in one. xd

Um...PUPPETS! I blame Pinocchio, and nightmares. No Puppet should be able to come to life. (though Dead Silence never bothered me a bit)

My childhood fear came back to me. Dark. I can't stand being upstairs of any house in the Dark. Or even in my new place at least not with out constant noise.

Spiders ever since we found a nest of Brown Recluse. I used to love them, get startled whenever one comes out of nowhere. Now I freak when I see anything but a Daddy Long Legs or a tarantula. (Then again I haven't held the latter in the past 6 years.)

And losing a loved one. Too much as happened in the past two years, I don't want anything happening for a while.

*EDIT* I just proved myself with the spiders. One just crawled on my wall, I squealed attempted to kill it, missed fell, ran towards me, I freaked, it fell into a candle lid, and I managed to kill it.  

Salad of the Dead

7,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

jedinightwing

Swashbuckling Knight

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm
surprisingly not much really frightens me.
the Paranormal does not scare me, although sometimes it can startle.
I'm not afraid of death either, as I consider it a transition into another great adventure (adventure into the unknown).

The only thing I can honestly say I'm afraid of is the downfall of society and the enslavement of the people by a class of people that consider themselves an "elite" ruling class. And it's even scarier because what with all the economic problems in this country, and wars we are getting pretty close to it. (recomended reading on this would be the essay "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" as well as some political documents on the responsibilities of FEMA in a police state)

I also hate Snakes. They scare me shitless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:13 pm
I myself don't frighten easily but what does frighten me is when my friend gets contacted by the spirit in my room. That spirit does not like her to be near me or talk about him, especialy around 3 in the morning. Seeing her cry is the worst fear I have.

Long Edit: Forgot to mention what it did most to scare her and I should tell about all the events that happened. Y'see, I have heart problems and last February I had surgery for SVT and WPW and the surgery failed and I was diagnosed with Ebstines anomaly. All these can cause my heart to randomly beat fast. When I was first diagnosed with all of these, I was rushed to the hospital with my heart rate over 200bmp. That could have killed me. But when she spent the night and started asking about it, things got wierd. I have a mirror next to my closet that when you look at it you get a feeling that something is in it and at random times it will move or glow a bit. It does not have lights. When I started answering the questions, the mirror started to shake. Then we were on the computer and the screen went black as if it was off but it was still on. She kept asking more and more then I felt like I was punched in the stomach and was about to vomit so I ran to the bathroom. I did not vomit and the towels on the towel rack started moving. I came back into the room and she was on her knees, crouched over almost in a ball, holding her head and crying. It was torturing her, telling her it was going to do horrible things. She was in like a trance but I was able to get responses. It said it was going to hurt someone. Then I started feeling an immense feeling of hate towards her. She came out of it and looked at me crying and then my heart started rapidly beating. I fell to my knees clutching my heart. I was so used to the feeling but having your heart do that, could kill anyone or harm them alot. I was rushed to the hospital when she told me in context what it said. it said "You've been asking to much about me. I wont harm you now but Ill harm your friend. Lets see how she likes her heart being squeezed." This story may seem strange and experiencing it was even stranger. That night when we came back, the mirror had a large crack in the center. After we went to sleep and got up several hours later, it was gone.  

slendybaby

Marauding Skeleton

22,365 Points
  • Marauder Skull 500
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

EnergyDrinkOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:14 am
Yummy yaoi pic Skyler... *cough* I'm not easily scared at all =D But, I am scared of... *thinks* Let's see... I used to be afraid of heights... Ahhh! That's it! Tanning beds! I am terrified of those ._. Ever since I saw that one movie where crazy s**t happened after an incident that happened years ago, like the desendcents of the person that did that, they got spiders coming out of their skin, and being burned alive in tanning beds... *shivers* Yeah... Oh yeah, I'm scared of decaptiated heads moving and their bodies moving too... Espcailly with ants all over it o.e *shivers* Cockrache or not!! IT'S NASTY AND SCARY!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:56 pm
insane asylums. Do you know how much the workers can get away with when the familied don't believe their patients any way? All sorts of nasty things go on in them.

others than that graveyards.

i'm also afraid of the things that go bump in the night and things in the water. be it tub/pool/shower/ocean/lake. I'm scared jaws will get me.... a stupid fear really, but i also think theres a dude in my bathroom toilet (he's from a dream I had once) and a dude in the bathroom closet(he's from an episode of x-files).... I'm 20 and I'm to afraid to be alone anywhere that's not open and easily escapable....  

Kyle Rei Basil

Dangerous Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Way Down`

7,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am
For me it would have to be,
1.Dogs
2.Deep water(Like the ocean)
3. Dark water (Its just creepy, You never know what could be in it)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:05 pm
Way Down`
For me it would have to be,
1.Dogs
2.Deep water(Like the ocean)
3. Dark water (Its just creepy, You never know what could be in it)

I agree with you on the last one. *shudders* I can't swim in lakes because of that. It scares me out of my wits :/ Although I'm very good at keeping my little fears under control and I do end up swimming in lakes with out anyone noticing that I'm worried a fish is going to bite my toes rotfl smile

You can overcome fears by making jokes about it with yourself. If you laugh about it, then it doesn't seem as freaky smile  

Urgencys H e r e Now x

Living Sunlight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:30 pm
I am not really scared of a lot of things, more wary...

I HATE spiders. I can tolerate daddy long legs, unless they're crawling towards or on me. *shudders*

I'm not really scared of places, though it does depend on the place's atmosphere. I'm not scared of graveyards during the day, but at night they're creepy! XD There are a few places that have scared me though. One was my dad's house. It wasn't all the time, just most of it. (It was haunted though.) Same here, where I live now. The most creepy place I've been though was Fort Stevens in Oregon... That place was so quiet, like it was holding it's breath. There weren't many people there. My brother and I went off on our own to explore, and the whole place just felt.. sad I guess would be the best way to describe it. And it was so creepy inside. It was damp and there were holes in the middle of the floors that you could fall into if you weren't careful. But what creeped me out the most is we got lost as it was getting ready to close. We couldn't find the exit. Just me and him in the silent fort. *shudders* We found a gate finally, with two men (who I think might have been workers or something, no idea, as they didn't talk at all that I could hear, closing it and getting ready to lock it. We eventually had to walk around the outside of the fort to find our grandma..

But that place even today makes me kinda sad feeling... It was scary almost being locked in though.

Moving on.

I dislike the dark. Too many things have happened when the lights were out here. :/ It's more being scared of what might be there, watching me...  
What the Frig? - A Ghost Hunters Guild.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff