Submit

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:52 am
About a week ago, I went to FYE with 45 dollars of store credit, and took advantage of this buy one get one free Geneon deal. I got the entire Chobits series for 100 dollars, with Kannazuki No Miko as my free series. That's 100 dollars, minus 45, equals 55 dollars. I got a good deal in the end, and two great anime.

What was your latest anime related purchase? Where did you buy it? How much was it? Were there any deals going on?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:19 pm
The last thing I bought was the third volume of Rozen Maiden for $10. Wait, no, I got my friend a Kon key-chain and another friend a Domo plushie.
But yeah. Um, I think it's insane that you can get the Escaflowne and Princess Tutu boxed sets for $30 each!!  

Tarantellatears

-Rue. akugo

Shameless Ladykiller

23,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm
Code Geass Part 2 LE, $35, from Pacific.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Collection, $35, Rightstuff.

A few days ago, there were no specials, just regular price.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:03 am
The last one...I think it was Ronin Warriors (I was feeling nostalgic). I bought each of the 10 disks, not the box set (I REFUSE to purchase bootleg dvd's) and it cost me about $150.00. I never spend that much, but I just really wanted to watch it. Of course, today was my last day of finals and I just sold my textbooks ($75 dollars), and I'm ALMOST finished with Christmas shopping! Maybe I'll buy that Noien box set I want so badly...  

bollier

Shezni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:25 am
By pure chance, I caught the last day of a killer sale at the Rightstuf website. Since I was short on cash at the time, I got Mushishi DVD 1 plus the artbox for 8 bucks plus shipping. I saved about thirty dollars. I also did a bit of anime related Christmas shopping for my friends, just keychains and the like, though. I'll be happy once I can finally get a job.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 pm
Oh gosh, I would love a Geneon deal like that! Most stuff I like is Geneon.

But anyways. Last thing I bought was Amazing Agent Luna volume 5, Thursday, at Borders.

I know what I'm getting for Christmas, though =D I'm getting the Tenchi in Tokyo boxed set and the last two Tenchi movies from rightstuf x3.

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

MaskedPhantom

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:20 pm
User Image

...honestly, I don't remember. I think it was the Negima! boxed set last year, but I lent it to someone, and they haven't given it back -_-

I was given the CCS series a few months ago. Unfortunately, it was bootlegged, and my dad didn't know it. He was just looking for cheap anime as a gift V_V;

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm
FMA Conqueror of Shamballa for 3 bucks... xd
Negima vol.2 for 3 bucks...
Samurai 7 vol.1 for 2 bucks...
and other animes for 3 bucks ea... xd

couple of months ago i bought complete box set of FMA (ser.1-51) for $100... xd

btw, im not buyin bootlegged animes but im the one bootlegging it... xd

the real expensive i bought is a complete series of Haruhi Suzumiya as my sister's request who really wanted to watch it...
and every Bleach box set (cant wait for 3rd one)... xd  

alvhinne

alvhinne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:20 pm
bollier
Of course, today was my last day of finals and I just sold my textbooks ($75 dollars)

u got issues... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:34 pm
alvhinne
bollier
Of course, today was my last day of finals and I just sold my textbooks ($75 dollars)

u got issues... xd

I don't buy as much as it sounds like... but I do have issues blaugh . I had finished all of my test when I sold them, and I NEVER want to see another thing that reminds me of chemistry (the sheer number of brain cells that class killed...)  

bollier

alvhinne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:38 pm
bollier
alvhinne
bollier

u got issues... xd

I don't buy as much as it sounds like... but I do have issues blaugh . I had finished all of my test when I sold them, and I NEVER want to see another thing that reminds me of chemistry (the sheer number of brain cells that class killed...)

good boy... xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:55 pm
Gosh, I'm trying reeeeeally hard to remember. My latest purchase and the latest thing to actually arrive in the post tend to differ XD

I think it was probably NANA vol. 12. £4.49 from Amazon.co.uk. Boring, I know, but I've cut back since my seeerious summer splurge, students don't have time to buy/watch and read anime and manga! Hehe. No doubt all this time off will inspire to get some shopping done XP

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm
Cher! You're Back! *glomp* heart heart
Life here's slow withoutcha!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 pm
It's good to be back! I've gotta apologise for being away though. I wish uni didn't take up so much of my time, but at least people are happier to see me when I manage to make it online XD I'm on winter hols right now, so I've got a lot of free time. Hopefully I can get a few things done while I'm here, like finally launching new contest for example. (^^;; )  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 pm
Cheremy LeBeau
It's good to be back! I've gotta apologise for being away though. I wish uni didn't take up so much of my time, but at least people are happier to see me when I manage to make it online XD I'm on winter hols right now, so I've got a lot of free time. Hopefully I can get a few things done while I'm here, like finally launching new contest for example. (^^;; )

Haha, you're excused for school. :3

. . . I can't believe you're not on my friend's yet. XD Fixing now.  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff