Reply Community Lounge
...I want to get a... *sigh* a Man-Purse Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:51 pm
I get tired of holding things in my pockets; it makes my everything look bulky and unfashionable. One of these days I'd like to get a simple little black bag -- smaller than a backpack or messenger bag yet bigger than a wallet and my Newton portfolio -- so I don't have to look like I should be wearing cargo pants all the time (not that I hate cargos; I just don't have them). It just seems ridiculous to have so many things in one's pockets and I'd like a classier and chic way of holding it.

But alack, I want to retain my machismo, so I was wondering if anybody here had any tips of finding the manliest leather smaller-than-messenger-bag-but-bigger-than-wallet-or-portfolio bag that I could save up for in the future. It would need to be able to not only hold my leather portfolio but the case for an EEE-PC or a similarly-sized NetBook. Also, I'd prefer black so it can match with anything.

I'm insane, aren't I?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Kals is questing again!
Lawl, i just zip all that stuff into my binder... including my eee.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:10 pm
Generally I just throw all my stuff into my messenger bag. But my messenger bag isn't exactly stylish and I never carry enough anyways to warrant a messenger bag. So... it makes sense to get a smaller bag.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:13 pm
Yes. Yes, you are. Anything smaller than a messenger bag will seriously hurt your image if it isn't held in hand. You may be able to find a smaller attaché or briefcase that will suit you. Or perhaps you could find a leather or cloth envelope with a zip closure.

Or maybe a vertically oriented messenger bag. They tend to be a little smaller than their traditional brethren.  

124-C

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:22 pm
Oooouff... Is that right? I wasn't really aware of that. I already have a small leather hand-carried portfolio thing I carry my cards/Newton/pen/checkbook/currency in that I use all the time. I just want something that I could use to free up my hands. :3

A smaller attaché would be perfect, but the attaché findings I've looked at so far are a bit too big for what I normally carry -- what with most of my documents and things being electronic nowadays.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:13 pm
Well, Indy was known to rock a small, shoulder-slung bag.
User Image

Of course, even he knew that an urban atmosphere required an urban style...
User ImageUser Image  

124-C

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:59 am
Yeah, I've always thought that was pretty silly. I mean, I can carry any kind of bag I feel like and it doesn't matter. Why should it have to be different for guys? I have a small messenger bag that fits everything I could possibly need. I usually feel bad that guys have to resort to mostly pockets.
Messenger bags are pretty gender neutral I think...but I'm not a guy xp So what do I know?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm
Ok. Here's a list of bags I approve of:

http://www.vajacases.com/images/bags/messenger-bags.html
http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/collections/scout/journeypack/
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10715&category_id=538
http://www.stmbags.com.au/products.php?id=26&name=small_loft_13&category=shoulderbags

124-C

jubilantjester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:42 pm
>.< someone to semi-relate to! I have always wanted to carry a bag because i typically have pens, wallet, notebooks/sketchbook, and other miscellanious items i carry with me or need with me on a daily basis! but with people calling them murses i could never bring myself to buy one. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 pm
I use one, I had the same problem you had. I have mans purse that is perfect is small and my laptop fits in it prefectly its 12 inches.
buy a sport one like adidas or nike. I use mine when i need to travel long distances walking to carry my wallet, cellphone, ipod, a pen a notebook, maybe magazines, my lighter, cigarretes, chewing gum.
I bought a adidas purse in russia, thats plastic crying right now they sell leather nice smooth leather crying and for the same price crying crying crying  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Never Meant To Be

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:25 am
I always felt that messenger bags were pretty gender-neutral, so that's what I'd get. If you want to look snazzy, but still masculine, you'll probably have to get something like a briefcase.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:56 pm
You aren't crazy. You just need a satchel. That's the manly version of a murse (man-purse). They come in colors such as tan, beige, maybe gray, or brown. Or perhaps a military surplus store near you has something you could use?
...I'm not helping, am I?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:39 am
Scottevest! =D lol

I guess I should fill in more text in here or something. Hmm..have no idea. I do swear guys need some sort of purse like contraption. Although I like backpacks but they are too small so I'm not sure a purse could satisfy me.
Also yeah cargo pants own! All I wear. That and my Scottevest lol. I swear once I fit more in there than in my backpack x'D  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 am
I call them "Man Bags" xd And I think they're cool. I have about three. Here is the one I use the most. Sorry for the crappy picture quality.

User Image

I have another one which is plain black and smaller. I also have a much bigger one which could be consider more of a bag for I guess If I was still at school and stuff and needed to carry books and stuff around. And its has the Major from GITS on it in a sexy pose making it all the much awesome blaugh

I like my smaller one because sometimes I like to carry and umbrella with me, and I can keep crap in there to free up my pockets like Mints, iPod, Umbrella, dvds im taking to a persons house, candy etc.  

Surazal Dloc

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 pm
I'm a girl, but I dislike purses... for one thing, I'm always afraid that I'll lose it. Second, it's annoying to carry/keep watch of it. Like once I went to a party and my mom just made me bring a purse, it was always in the way but I felt really uncomfortable putting it down where someone could steal it. And it's so annoying to have to look through them! When I'm with my sister and her phone rings, if she's doing something else I have to get it for her... so annoying... I much prefer pockets, but in pants it can get uncomfortable, so I like wearing jackets with huge, deep pockets. Yay.

But for guys, while I think it's unfair that they have to be judged for what they bring around, I personalyl admit that it looks strange to me when they have little purses. If it wasn't that much smaller than a messenger bag then I guess it wouldn't look out of place.. Maybe try one of those bagbelt things.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff