Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dolls?
  Played with them!
  Play with them currently
  Collect/Used to collect them
  Never played with them (unless I was decapitating them)
  Dolls? Me? Never! You can't prove I did! Those pictures are fake I swear!!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm
So ATG, did you ever play with dolls? Were you forced into it or did you enjoy it? Did you cut the heads off Barbies or have tea parties with them? I'm very curious to know what peoples' opinions are on dolls. Did you have to buy them tons of accessories or were you just happy to have the doll itself. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy friends for her?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:33 pm
I used to have lots of dolls when I was little, despite not being much of a girly-girl. My grandmother made me ragdolls when I was realllly little (as well as clothes for them), and even though they weren't all fancy-like, they were very sweet. Definitely nothing like the sexed-up toys that little girls play with now!

Me and my friends played with baby/toddler dolls, too. Took them for walks in strollers, fed them fake food and fake milk from bottles, played house with them. It was never something I did by myself, but it was fun enough with my friends.

As I got older, my godmother gave me porcelain dolls. I had several fancy Victorian-styled ones, as well as several Anne of Green Gables. They weren't really toys, they were mostly decorations. (At least, that's what my mum said when I gave one of the dolls a haircut...)

Oh, and my mum gave me her Barbies from when she was a kid, and I had a few of my own. I even had a big Barbie house and a "dream camper". (Now that I think about it, how trashy is that? A ******** dream camper.) I never really played pretend with them, I mostly just gave them new "makeup" with my nail polish and chopped off their hair. : D

I never bought any accessories for my dolls (since, being a child, I did not have money to spend, and my parents certainly wouldn't buy me stuff like that), so their dollie closets were full of handmade stuff or clothes from my mum's childhood.

PixiecuTT

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm
I used to give them all new haircuts as a kid. I never understood why Barbies always had the exact same hairstyle.

My Barbies were regulars in some weird on going soap opera style saga I made up. It was a messed up kid, lol. They were worse than soap plots!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm
Nineteen years of age, currently - just for the record. Not only do I have a Little Mermaid doll, I buy other dolls and toss them out so that Ariel can have their outfits. blaugh I love Ariel!

And I played with dolls a lot as a girl - Barbies, small plastic babies, and Raggedy Ann.
-O=O-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm
Ok. I'm not gonna lie. I played with Barbies. But I got tired of them very very quickly sweatdrop I never had the dream house or anything. The closest to that was the movie theater, and I sorta screwed up the popcorn dispenser by putting caramel corn inside >.> (It got a sticky and stuff >.>). And I remember having the Mermaid Barbie with the color-changing long hair and stuff. I played with that for a bit and I wanted to chop all her hair off but my mom told me no cuz it wouldn't grow back -_-

I played more with my stuffed animals/figures (The red power ranger doesn't count as an animal >.>) and legos than my barbies...Or I played outside (when my parents would let me..>.< Which wasn't too often really...)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:52 pm
The only Barbie that I had and really liked was my aunt's old "Bionic woman" Barbie. She had a panel on her arm that opened up to reveal a sticker with wires on it. xd I liked that one because it was like "robo-barbie"  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:53 pm
Sometimes I tease my mom for not buying me the Barbie car that you could drive around... I was too big when they came out, but I still wanted one.
-O=O-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:04 pm
    Yeah, um...I'm currently surrounded by 16 collector Barbies and 15 other sorts of dolls.... I...I like dolls. I played with all sorts as a kid and just like collecting some new ones here or there now that I'm older.
    I had a s**t ton of Barbies, Barbie clothes, Barbie accessories, Barbie cars when I was younger.... No house though. I'd just make houses out of drawers or shelves or whatever else. Had (rather, have...) two American Girls and a Magic Attic Club doll and some of their clothes and some furniture my dad made me for them. Barbies and American Girl...they were my favorites to play with.

I consider when I play the Sims 2 that that's like my "grown-up" equivalent of playing with Barbies... sweatdrop

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:06 pm
wakusei

I consider when I play the Sims 2 that that's like my "grown-up" equivalent of playing with Barbies... sweatdrop

._. I know the feeling. I never played with dolls, but I lovvve downloading all kinds of new stuff for my Sims. (Or rather, I did when I had the Sims 2.)

They're definitely like dolls (or...action figures, which are kinda like dolls) for grown ups.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:08 pm
Bah at Sims 2. My cousin made me a character, made her alien pregnant, and then made her character alien pregnant by my character's twelve-year-old alien progeny. confused
On topic: I've never actually found dolls creepy, but apparently they're like clowns in that you like them or fear them... in my experience.
-O=O-

The Dinosaur Next Door

PandyChibi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:32 pm
I was more for stuffed animals. I loved to play with them. Dolls were more to play with my friends at daycare... that's pretty much all there was to do when it was just girls. Though when he wasnt in a bad mood, I would play with the babysitter's son Alexander. We played with his little animal toys. It was way more fun than barbies. With barbies someone would always get into a fight. I had big doll head though... I messed her face up so bad xd it was fun though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 pm
Well, since Action figures don't count (God bless physical-articulation points), I'm safe. Though I do still pick up the odd action figure from time to time.
...Most of them ended up in pieces, though...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 pm
I was going to say I've never had dolls, excepting action figures (and I heart my action figures, especially all my Star Wars 'droids), but then remembered that we somehow ended up with this huge Winnebego when I was little, and it had a guy and a gal (and a dog with no movable parts) in it. Hm... wonder whatever happened to them? The winnebego was pretty cool, though. smile (It was large enough that I could ride on it when I was smaller)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 am
I remember having a Venom/Alien combo action figure. It was so cool. I want another one.

D8<  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:29 am
    I had action figures that I got from my brother when he out-grew them. I mainly recall a Han Solo and various He-Man figurines. And I got She-Ra ones from my sister....

@ PandyChibi - When I didn't play with dolls, I also greatly enjoyed playing with stuffed animals... 3nodding And the toys that are kind of inbetween, like My Little Ponies, Care Bears, and Trollies.

I really did have a ton of toys.... Secondhand, mostly, but still.... I think it was to make up for my lack of having actual friends... sweatdrop

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff