Reply Community Lounge
Letters to Santa Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 pm
Yeah, I will confess. I still write to Santa.

I know that the things I ask for from him never come, but I still do it anyways -- in small hopes that maybe it will happen. At the very least it helps me remember what exactly I'm fighting/trying/suffering/whatnot for. I mean, my letter never disappears anymore when it's just me, and I know exactly why. But in my delusion I still like to dream that someone will read it...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:22 pm
Dear Satan,

For christmas I would like a red fire truck  

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:18 pm
Hey, just keeping up the tradition makes Santa a little more real. ^^ I still leave milk and cookies in the microwave with a note explaining that the cats would eat them otherwise. Someone in the house always obliges and leaves an empty glass and plate. The world's just more fun if you keep a little magic in it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 pm
I still beleive in Santa, but I have an actual reason. When I was 8, and my brother was 7, our room was the attic of our house. On Christmas night, we had gone to sleep almost as soon as we got in bed. Btu for some resson, in the middle of the night we both woke up at the same exact time. My bed was right next to the window, adn during the nigth ,when I couldn't sleep, I often would stare otu the window and then eventuallly go tot sleep. So l,since I couldn't sleep, I looked out the window. And in the sky, my I could see a red light. My borther and I freaked out and closed our eyes, hoping it was Santa. Then, about 10 minutes later, there were a ubnch of noises on the roof above us. AS sson as they stopped we frell asleep. I still say it was Santa, and if you don't beleive me then oh well, but it's the truth, and I have an avid reason for it, so there.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm
I still teeter around the edges of believing/disbelieving in Santa. It's not that I don't think at one point in time there was a man named Kris Kringle who doled out gifts to local children, but a fat man on a sleigh propelled by magical reindeer is a bit much. Even if he did exist ion that sense, what sort of permit would he need to go through the world's air zones? And how would he cover so much area over the span of a 12-hour period? Logistically, it makes no sense. But then again, neither does the fact that bumblebees and helicopters can fly.
I'm more in the camp of believing in a metaphysical Santa, where he is a state of mind in people that is pulled out by generosity and good will, as opposed to a corporeal being.
...But then again, I still occasionally sit out for "elf-watch."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 pm
Erverain
I still teeter around the edges of believing/disbelieving in Santa. It's not that I don't think at one point in time there was a man named Kris Kringle who doled out gifts to local children, but a fat man on a sleigh propelled by magical reindeer is a bit much. Even if he did exist ion that sense, what sort of permit would he need to go through the world's air zones? And how would he cover so much area over the span of a 12-hour period? Logistically, it makes no sense. But then again, neither does the fact that bumblebees and helicopters can fly.
I'm more in the camp of believing in a metaphysical Santa, where he is a state of mind in people that is pulled out by generosity and good will, as opposed to a corporeal being.
...But then again, I still occasionally sit out for "elf-watch."

It always bugs me when people say that it's a twelve hour period. The earth rotates, people! Ergo, if Santa timed it properly, he'd have a full 24 hours time to deliver gifts as he would use the rotation of the earth to his advantage. Time zones. Think about it.

As for santa letter writing.... I only did that once as a kid. razz I've never really been one for letter writing, though for the ATG, I do it. X3  

Kerrigan_dragon

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:31 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
It always bugs me when people say that it's a twelve hour period. The earth rotates, people! Ergo, if Santa timed it properly, he'd have a full 24 hours time to deliver gifts as he would use the rotation of the earth to his advantage. Time zones. Think about it.

actually it would be even more then that since he has more then an hour of dark per time zone

on topic i believe in Santa he has white hair, a big belly, and is very jolly. he also happens to be my father  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm
When I was little, I never left cookies or milk for Santa (Reason: ants). I never stayed up waiting for him to come (Reason: the whole family usually doesn't get to sleep until like 2 or 3 am on Christmas Eve/Day, cuz we open our gifts once it hits midnight. That usually included my gift from 'Santa' (cuz either he would drop his gift off early or it would be waiting behind the tree the next day)). I don't quite remember if I've ever written a letter to him, but if I have, then it was only once or twice (Reason:...um...there's no real reason for that one sweatdrop ).

Now, I don't believe in Santa Claus. But I still like the idea of him floating around in the form of Christmas spirit. Kinda like Erv does.

Yay for holiday spirit~
*sings Christmas songs...off-key sweatdrop *

lulz @ Pen's response

invisible-weirdo

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:52 pm
Santa is a drunk *****, don't let anyone fool you... >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:55 pm
Dude, that was me in my Santa costume. The real one is quite jolly, and fat.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm
Kals is questing again!
Santa's mailing address:

Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0
CANADA

See, he's Canadian!

EDIT: Wait... Erve floats around like the Christmas Spirit?

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 pm
Dear Santa,

This Christmas the only present I want is a sniper rifle, so that I can kill some people on a wild killing spree and then an hero.

Yours truly,
Mr. Cow

Blackie the Cow

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm
Gangstacow
Dear Santa,

This Christmas the only present I want is a sniper rifle, so that I can kill some people on a wild killing spree and then an hero.

Yours truly,
Mr. Cow

You gotta stop doing that. It's unhealthy >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:58 am
Gangstacow
an hero.

Did that get around? ******** you, internet...

Anyway:

Dear Santa,

You and I haven't spoken in a while, but I know we still tight. We're like this. I don't have a lot to ask you for this year, as I oldered and oldered, I need less and less to survive. Soon, my friends and family will begin buying me obscure power tools for lack of anything more sensible or practical. However, you, I think will always know what I want; my theory there is that you're magical, and they're just mundane people. So by your rosy cheeks, if you ever get me a ******** power tool, I swear to god, that'll be the end; I'll stop believing, and you'll lose all your magic. (I know you're thinking about it just to spite me, and maybe to ween me off my fixation with fantasy. To that I say: '******** you, get a life, you old pervert.')

Now on to what I'd like you to do for me. I promise all my desires are fairly selfless. Firstly, I'd like you to see about putting some kind of stop to Christmas movies. I know you think they're besmirching your name, I can tell 'cause you and I are buds. If you could see about removing some of the already produced ones, I'd be okay with that as a trade off. The one with Steve Gutenberg, and the last three Santa Clause movies would be my choices.

Next, of course, please make everyone happy. Many of them are happy, but I'd like that deal sealed. If you have to take away some other people's presents in order to make this one happen, I think that might be acceptable. They may feel gipped, but in the long run, you'll have helped them much more then they know. If you could please allow me to name drop some people, I'd like you to give special attention to: Pete, Erica, Don, Brooklyn, Glen, and Garrett. You know who I'm talking about, they're all on your nice list.

Last, and this is just the one for if you have some extra time... Please fix everything. I'd like to be something else.

If all that's too much, I'll just take a PS3.

Your bro' (holla),
Casey

Put a stamp on that s**t, it's prime.  

WiskersThCatfish

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 am
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!
Santa's mailing address:

Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0
CANADA

See, he's Canadian!

EDIT: Wait... Erve floats around like the Christmas Spirit?

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

I remember the mailing address. ^^ We used to write letters to Santa in school. You just get one of several form letters back, but it was still really fun at the time!

People in Finland believe Santa lives there; after all, they've got lots of reindeer. x3  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff