Submit

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:38 am

I am an old ATG member =]

so I've contracted the Norovirus, presumably from the kindergarten, and was .. puking my guts out last night.
Which hurts >.>!

Norovirus Info

so other then having no energy I wanted to know what the worst sicknesses you've got has been.
and we can discuss Viruses as well =D.

Click here for the ATG Wiki!
Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:40 am
I love you too Shram =D

This is what my virus does to cats biggrin
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o167/Viral_C/ZEndposter2.jpg  

Red Glacier

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:43 am

we'll I am glad I don't have the C virus scream

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:43 am
THIS is what I had as a baby, and still have today.

I was never really treated with the medicine they have for it now, as they didn't know enough about the disease at that time. I also don't have the money to get the treatments I need. I also have my name written somewhere in an old magazine that doctors read or something, because I survived an attack of it, then less than 2 months later while still recovering, it came back full force and hit me again, and I still managed to live. It also had something to do with me being a "rare case" or something like that... I was little so I didn't really pay attention.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:06 am

That has to suck Pancake =[
Do you get the full affect of it regularly then?
or do you get the symptoms rarely?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:10 am
I had a really bad stomach flu/illness of some sort when I was in...grade 11, I think. I missed a couple weeks of school, a bunch of exams, and could barely stand up for days.

But other than that, all of my sicknesses were pretty run-of-the-mill. ^^ Or, erm, self-induced. sweatdrop  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:17 am

Self Induced Illnesses O.o?
Why scream ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:23 am
*to pancake*
O_O;; ...wow. and here i thought it was a heart thing only..

*to tae*
that blows. =[ ...and *ahem* self induced? O_o

afew years ago i was supposed to be training on a boat with other people in BC (eg. ship board frefighting, etc.) ...and for some reason the first day on water, i was crazy nauseus and had to spend afew hours hangin' over the side, lookin' pale as ever. it ended up that i had to sleep beside the washroom clutching a bucket for a couple days (since the bed i had was downstairs and far from the ladder, and the toilet was one of those "pump before use" ones) ....not cool. there was stuff comin' out of all ends of me and it was pretty painful @_@ and eventually i was just throwing up my own stomach lining.

afew days later they went back to land and took me to a walk in clininc, doctor said it was just a virus. neutral so.... sean, i get the feeling it may have been something close to what you have =[ *rubs back*  

~DR.MOOFASA~

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:27 am
Shram

That has to suck Pancake =[
Do you get the full affect of it regularly then?
or do you get the symptoms rarely?

About once a year I get the full force of it, without the rashes, and skin peeling in my genital areas bits. My skin discolors to purple, yellow, green and blue blotches. My chest pains get way worse than normal, and I cough up blood more often as well. The problem is, when it does come back like that, I have to isolate myself from everyone and stay in my room until it goes away. I can't even be upstairs near other people. It's not contagious and they can't get it, but my immune system practically dies, and if I were to catch a cold during that time it would mean that I'd have to go to the hospital. It's really bad and I can get any sickness while in that state, whereas regularly, I don't get sick at all, other than maybe a cold from time to time of something like that.

Another problem with it is that my platelet count jumps up about 5 - 10 times it's normal number, which for me is saying something, because at any given time while healthy I have 3 - 5 times the amount of platelets in my blood that a normal person should have. It's what makes my blood so thick and puts me at such a high risk for heart attack.

@Tae - Ack... I HATE stomach flus... It's the worst feeling you can have. I can understand how Shram feels right now too. Whereas I've never had what he's got, I've had a really bad one which made it so I couldn't keep anything down for more than 10 minutes for about 6 days once... I lost so much weight, but felt like s**t during and after, so it sucked hardcore.

- EDIT -

@Moo - Ehhh, I just play it off as a heart problem. Though really it's more of a full body one. It affected my liver, my kidneys, my heart, my lungs, and worst of all my bone marrow (That's why the platelet count in my body is so messed up. My bone marrow went into overdrive mode and churns them out and never stops producing them, and it produces at an increased rate. Seriously, I can get cut and it'll stop bleeding and start scabbing within 1 - 2 minutes... I'm Wolverine here or something >_>)

Then again, with the skin discoloration, I'm sure that my liver wouldn't be in as BAD as condition that it's in now if it wasn't for me pouring bottle after bottle of alcohol down my throat for years... ( For those who don't know, skin discoloration is generally caused by liver failure. It means it's unable to filter out all the toxins to go to the right means of waste management in your body, so instead it tries to get it out of your system through your skin, or something like that)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:44 pm

man we need to get you some claws =]
yeah the stomach thingie is bad bad xD I still have trouble getting food down
Half a pizza yesterday and so far today only half a bowl of cereal.
I Sigh

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:13 pm
I don't need claws, I need a giant bubble =D I'd love one of those.

Also, how're you feeling now? Still got the Norovirus?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:12 am

Its practically gone now
I've got slight breathing issues and I lack energy while still being dizzy
Should be perfectly fine tomorrow =]

I'll get you a giant bubble one day my brother =D

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 pm
...I think the worst disease I've ever actually had was a heart murmur as a child. I also have progressively worsening scoliosis. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I have to stretch and crack my back into place, because it kind of floats around and gets stiff.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:33 am
Kals is questing again!
A heart murmur is not a disease. It's a symptom. I have a heart murmur due to my bicuspid aortic valve, which is a birth defect, not a disease.

Isn't the Norovirus the same as the Norwalk virus? That nasty sucker hit my university residence one winter, everyone was pooping and barfing like mad, and the virus becomes airborne as soon as you puke... Small children, the elderly, and people with already compromised immune systems can easily die from this nasty little virus. If Norwalk isn't what Shram had, it's prolly what you had, Liz, except all your shipmates would have caught it because it's horribly contagious.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:55 am
Eh, well. I guess I had something else that made my heart do that, then. I don't have it anymore, so I guess it's not a birth defect. sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff