Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Gaia and it's Characters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NPCs?
  They make Gaia fun! There should be more!!!
  I don't really care about them either way....
  I don't like them, there are too many, etc...
  -for those who don't like the other options given.
View Results

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:56 am
First a link to a thread as an introduction: Do you know Gaia's characters?

I was looking to find the profiles of some NPC's, which I can't seem to find. Maybe they have not been updated in so long that they have vanished.
So discuss the following things that are on my mind:

*Do you think Gaia should get up to date on profiles for ALL the NPC's?
Should there be an easier way to find NPC profiles? Should they not tell people about the NPC?
There are so many of them now, how can the new users keep track of them?

*Is the storyline tab under world really that helpful, or does it lack vital bits of info?

*Who is your favorite NPC (or NPCs plural)?
And yes if you want to rave about which couples are "cutest" or your own ideas about who should be coupled with who go right ahead, so long as you keep arguments about the subject to a minimum.

Also given my journal should I dedicate a page to the official NPC's?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:02 am
I do believe this is my very first thread in this guild.

This thread is amusing, my next poll might be about it.
If they had a band...

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 am
I thik Gaia has a lot of work to do. I would hope they plan to fix all the glitches before they update profiles. stare

I don't mind the current NPC profiles. I think they're cute, considering that they're imaginary people...

Eh. They'll sort it out. Between the number of NPCs and their backgrounds, it may take a while, but... such are the joys of discovering a new community.

My favorite's Louie. OMG so emo.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 am
I do wish that the profiles were a bit better...but I think there are bigger priorities on Gaia at the moment. Glitches and stuff.

I love the NPCs though. They give our little virtual world a story, and it's really fun to see what kind of crazy antics they get up to in the plot updates.

I think my favorite is Ian, but Nicolae is a very close second.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:12 pm
I don't visit the NPCs profiles, although the storyline tabs are somewhat helpful.

I love Devin. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 pm
    I'm pretty good with at least the "main" NPC's. My favorite of which are Johnny K. Gambino (Yay, Gambino!) and Leon.
    Johnny because he, at least used to be, greatly amusing. And Leon because his server name, back in the day, always worked for me when others didn't.
    The only new NPC I like is Nicolae. The others are very "meh".

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Phaeton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 pm
They're okay, I think they should flesh out some of the ones they allready have before piling on more. What ever happened to Meridith? Does she really just camp in the bank booth all day and night?

My favorite was Ian before they got started on all that vampire bullshit.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Yes there are a ton of things that need maintenance around the site.
I can't delete comments, my house has been broken for over a year, just to mention the issues pertinent to myself.

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:42 pm
I don't feel any sort of anything for gaia's characters. They just are not the focal point of the site and don't ever seem to matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:37 pm
Saverio C.
I don't feel any sort of anything for gaia's characters. They just are not the focal point of the site and don't ever seem to matter.

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Hm, Gaia really should update the NPC's profiles. Also, many of the things the shop keepers say are outdated. I made a thread about it. As for favorite NPCs, Rufus is my favorite. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:11 am
i like the gaia NPCs
they make things more fun with their either boorish, witty, sassy, elegant or corny comments and snippets..

yuki-wentz

Benevolent Bunny

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:20 am
I find the NPCs amusing but I can't decide on an absolute favorite NPC.
I sort of like the very first image we got of Louie. You know the wallpaper with the sword from just before last year's Halloween event? He has gotten progressively wimpier, something very unattractive in a character, real or otherwise.

And while I'm a major fan of good character development (something the developers are not up to date with) they have a lot on their plates over at Gaia headquarters so I understand why there are so many gaping wholes in the Gaian story in general.

I'd like to see them update the maps, NPC store dialogue, and such. And I feel they could prioritize a little better to fit that in but we just have to wait and see if they catch up on things. (I do have some major doubts)

There is also the fact that many people are not on gaia for whimsical characters and goofy stories. And you can never please everyone, thats just how things work.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 am
the NPC's are cool  

gem2star

Omochii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 am
I liked Ian when he was blonde. I think now that he's "stopped dying it", as he says when you click to talk to him in store, he looks...well. Weird. >_>

I'm not very 'with' Gaia, let alone its NPCs, so er. Rina...?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff