Reply Community Lounge
So... Phantasy Star Online Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:32 pm
Um... yeah... I found a free private server that has the entire game (Episodes I, II, and IV). It allows for people playing on the Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PC to play together.

SCHTHACK Phantasy Star Online

Now, I don't play that often, but I do play on occasion and it's fun because it's an MMO but with some story. And fun (though the Hunter class is hard). Anybody else want to give it a try?

Discuss: Free MMORPGs, Free MMOs. What do people play in their busy lives?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm
My friend and I used to play that game all the time. We'd meet and have a sleep over every weekend, and level our characters up endlessly. Our characters had a sort of Han Solo/Chewie relationship; he was the dashing human swordsman/pistoleer, and I backed him up as the big monster robot with a rifle almost as big as the chest cavities it could create.

It was fun until you realized you just wasted hundreds of hours pushing A mindlessly so that you could fill your bank with money, weapons, and items you're never going to use... I'd like to try it online, actually. At least the massively multi player portion doesn't involve squinting. But I neither have my gamecube in the house, nor do I own the game myself. I thought about trying out four, but then thought better when I saw the reviews.

The only MMO I play is TF2 at the moment. I play for maybe an hour a day, and usually only when I can't bring my mind to focus on something more worthwhile. If anyone out there wants to play with me, I usually just troll through the regular featured servers, my favorite games are push the cart and point capture (I play scout about ninety percent of the time), and the map I usually go for is cp_Orange_x3. My brother and I share an account, on which he has dubbed us Gausscousin, the Steam id is: klewis111

Builders League United or die.

As a couple of you may recall, there was a time when I decided to give WoW a try. Spent a week trying to put it on my computer, and another week waiting for a friend to be available to play with. Eventually I got to play, for a whole night; I ended up gaining ten levels in six hours without leaving the starting area, all so that I could meet my friend a couple areas over the next night. To my dismay, by the time I decided to get online and meet them so we could go out and fight monsters, my free trial of the game expired.

My friends keep trying to get me to join free MMOs as well. A few friends of mine are actually admins and moderators on a free Ultima Online server, and the stories they tell me are amazing... unfortunately I have no means to play that game being stuck on a Mac. Also, for about two weeks now, I've been trying to ready a character for an online role play set up like a chatroom; it's the official White Wolf Exalted role play, and one of my friends is really into it. I want to try, because it's always been on my mind, and that particular friend is almost never around to role play with in real life now.  

WiskersThCatfish

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 pm
Heh... well, the only MMO *I'm* playing at the moment is zOMG, and *shrug* I'm enjoying it well enough... biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm
Does that game still lag like a jockey trying to ride a dead horse?  

WiskersThCatfish

Phaeton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 am
WiskersThCatfish
Does that game still lag like a jockey trying to ride a dead horse?

More so, if it were possible.

Ugh! It took a while but I've had it with PSO. It wasn't such a bad game but it received atrocious treatment by it's creators. Inside of that they still managed to re-release it seven times in five years.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 pm
@Jimmy: Oi, I forgot you were a Mac friend... I don't think that will work on Macs because I don't know of any Mac PSO clients. In any case yeah, it is a terribly fun game, but it's hard to beat anything alone in the game. It seems like it has to be played with others otherwise you're just screwed. It's even difficult with just two people playing.

@aretoo and Jimmy: I haven't been able to try zOMG because it's a bit slow on my computer. Plus my gaming time is a small luxury that PSO and a few other things have already taken.

@Phaeton: Yeah, Sega sure did do some crappy things with it it seemed, but I still think it's fun. Though I'm only through Episode I right now though. It's still fun. I am excited for the DS version of Phantasy Star Online though.  

Sentama Lin

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:06 pm
I have 12 characters on PSO ^^

I'll have to get back to playing that sometime ^w^

I'm a gamecube player though and they are rare to find ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:24 pm
Sentama Lin

Yeah, Sega sure did do some crappy things with it it seemed, but I still think it's fun. Though I'm only through Episode I right now though. It's still fun. I am excited for the DS version of Phantasy Star Online though.

Episode 2 was probably the best. The second half of episode entailed some decent variety though it's pretty hard too.

The DS one is an entirely new game. Phantasy Star Zero.  

Phaeton

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:41 pm
Heh, I dunno. I could play on my gamecube when I get it back from my friend, but I doubt I will... In highschool I spent so many hours plaing that game that I think I've used up all the playtime that one person is allowed at that game.

I've actually played the original Fantasy Star games. Horribly boring, them... like Final Fantasy Adventure. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:08 pm
Phaeton

When is it comming out? in time for xmas maybe? o.O  

Red Glacier

Blackie the Cow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 am
The DS one won't be out until next year most likely  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 pm
Viral C
Phaeton

When is it comming out? in time for xmas maybe? o.O

Some time in December was the Japanese release date, so yeah some time mid next year I'd imagine.  

Phaeton

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 am
If I had a copy of the game I would so jump on that. I like MMOs, I'm just no longer willing to pay $15/month on them. Even if they're good.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:12 pm
Xikrai the Risen
If I had a copy of the game I would so jump on that. I like MMOs, I'm just no longer willing to pay $15/month on them. Even if they're good.

There's a downloadable client available on the link I posted on the thread, Xikky. I definitely need more people to finish the storyline with... >.>

Not that I can at the moment with my computer crapping out again. I'm essentially stuck to Internet and typing (which is good because I can still get work done at... well... work... but I still need a new computer regardless).  

Sentama Lin

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:17 pm
Yeah, I figured that out. It took me ages to find one that would work though with Vista. I got 2 characters, a hunter and a ranger. It's not really working out for me solo. Really really slow and tough.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff