Two Faced Step Mom Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 am
heart Ladi's Quest For Uber Expensive Items ~With Stuff~ heart

Okay, I know what a lot of you are thinking "Step-mom" thus I should automatically assume "evil"...

What you need to understand is that my Step-mom was my best friend's mom growing up. I have known and spent as much time (or maybe more time) with this woman as my biological mother. I have always thought of her as a mother figure. She has survived having one lung removed due to cancer as well as having more than 1/4 of one of her kidneys removed due to a second cancer. I have always had the utmost respect for her, but lately I am starting to see traits in her that make me realize why her daughter (my no longer best friend for many years) gets it from. I always blamed her father...but her father was a lazy drunk. The two faced manipulation comes from my Step-mom aparently.

As some of you know on October 25 I moved out of a homeless shelter and come to stay with my father and Step-mother until November 1st.
All this time I was worried about my father being the one I upset the most during this visit. However it seems that the one who is angry near the end is my Step-mom. The problem is, I don't even know what I did for her to be mad about!

I know my Step-mom has fragile health and I have a four year old...who always seem to have something. But honestly, before this arrangement was made my daughter had just finished getting over a cold/sinus thing...they KNEW about that. Well not a day after we moved in she came down with another cold. Which my Step-mother caught. I don't know where my daughter caught it, I had no way of knowing she would get sick after so recently recovering from a very simiarlar style cold before.
I feel awful that my Step-mom is sick, has to go to the doctors and might even end up in the hospital AGAIN because of a bronchial infection.

But again...I couldn't have predicted this! What was I suppose to do? My whole family was on immune boosting vitamins before we moved in to prevent this.

I have tried very hard to help keep her living, dining rooms and kitchen clean...just as if my daughter and I weren't here. I have cleaned dishes, loaded dishwasher...everything.

The only thing I can think that might bother her a bit is that I tend to be a night owl...she is an early to bed, early to rise person. I am not so much either. I like to be up until 2-3 am and up between 10-noon...
However I have been getting up at 7-8am to watch my daughter while I am here, yet keeping my night time schedule.
Last night not wanting to impose on my Step-mom to have to watch or feed my daughter this morning I choose to pull an all nighter so I would be awake when my daughter got up.

A couple times during the night my Step-mom made her usual bathroom trips while I stayed on the computer (all three rooms are close together)...I am not playing music or talking...just typing. The second time she went back to bed at 3-4am...she SLAMMED the bedroom door.

I have sensed something brewing, but she keeps telling me it is nothing. What tipped the scales...this morning after she woke up at 7am she got a phone call on her cell. Her oldest daughter...I could hear her saying "no she didn't do it" and "can you believe it" - I know I suffer from being overly paranoid about thing sometimes. But I strained my ears anyways...and almost as if she realized I might be able to hear her she started whispering and turned on the TV and turned up the volume 10 points higher than normal listening volume (this isn't a loud neighborhood). *sighs* I just wish she would tell me what I did to make her so pissed at me. I am out tomorrow...but still. *sighs*

Thoughts or Comments?

A Quiz On Ladi - heart - Ladi's Good Traits (12 people have been kind enough to speak up) - heart - Ladi's Bad Traits (2 people have been brave enough to speak up)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am
Sounds like she's just being a brat to me. I mean if there is something you do that bothers her she should have the guts to tell you what it is. You've been accommodating so far so what makes her think you won't try your hardest to change or make up whatever's making her upset. You haven't even been there that long. I can see getting upset if say hey you were staying for months on end, with no rent and no sign of moving out but that's not the case. Geez, my family would see this as a nice vacation visit. I suppose you could tell her that you know something's bothering her and would like to know what it is so you can avoid upsetting her in the future but... that's all I got.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:17 am

Since Monday I started to notice she seemed a little upset. I blew it off because I was adjusting too...do I act as if I live here or do I act as a guest or what? I don't know how much they want me to use their stuff or cook or clean or what not...
But I have been trying hard to stay out from underfoot.

By Wednesday I asked if something was bothering her...she said it was nothing. I also made it clear that if she wanted me to do any/everything to let her know...make beds, vacum, move out of the way not to hesitate to ask me.

But things have only gotten worse, very quickly...

A Quiz On Ladi - heart - Ladi's Good Traits (12 people have been kind enough to speak up) - heart - Ladi's Bad Traits (2 people have been brave enough to speak up)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am
If she really had such a problem with you being there for a week she should've said something before you moved in then. From the sound of it, she may have a problem with the entire situation but this is something that should've come up before you even moved in. I mean it seems really rude to me to make your guests feel like you're angry and upset at them over nothing.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:38 am

I have been borrowing her computer a lot...but I haven't downloaded anything to it, I haven't dug through her files (even though I don't like her youngest daughter much anymore), and any time she has told me she wants to use it I have given it to her with in three minutes of her asking for it...usually less. I have even stopped a post twice so she could have the computer. I didn't even bother finishing that post two of three times I tried to write it because I knew it would take too long to close out.

Well...when she gets back from the Dr's she won't have to deal the kitchen being a mess from last night's dinner dishes. I rinsed them and loaded them into the dishwasher. All that has to be done is to have the soap added and dial turned.

I am also going to be baking pumpkin seeds later. As well as spiced apple cider, which she probably won't drink...but I am making it anyways!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am
Sounds like you're trying to be the best guest possible to me, and succeeding at it too. Though I have to say, if you were a guest at my house I'd be super grateful for all that you'd done.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 am

They didn't have to say I could come here. I could have stayed at the shelter for this week...

But to be stuck in Worcester in a shelter with no friends/family nearby and no transportation (I can't use public transit due to panic and anxiety attacks), for a whole week. It just didn't sound right.

Besides, I thought wouldn't it be nice to spend some quality time with my parents and for my daughter too as well before I moved two hours away from them? Espeically with Halloween being the last full day/overnight...talk about what could be very pleasant memories!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:17 am
Sounds like an excellent opportunity for family time together to me. Meh some people don't know how to just be grateful for the time they have with their family.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:35 am

And they wonder why I would rather be here online with you guys all the time rather than them watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, Combat! and Desperate House Wives. razz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:39 am
All those shows are boring too... well at least to me. Especially Desperate House Wives, that show annoys me most of the time and I don't even watch it  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 am

If I was stranded on a desert island and I had to pick one of those three shows to watch until I died...I would pick Combat! Even though black and white has always given me a headache. It would be less painful that Regis' voice/DHW. *bleh*

Combat! has more plot and more educational benefit than both of them together...*nods*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:45 am
Seriously, it goes to show how bad shows have gotten and how they have gone down hill over time... then again I LOVE Heroes, House and Supernatural. Of course I also love me some British sci fi...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 am

I think we have drifted a little too far off topic...we should move TV talk to the Phunkeh thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:20 am
sounds like she might want oyu there but didn't realise the inconvience of it, like loss of privacy, not being able ot be yourself, ect. I think she wants you there but might be hard on her and doesn't want to admit it if she has pride. Also she might not know how to express emmotions very well, we take that for granted that everyone is a perfect communicator and I don't think everyone is. Perhaps if you made her a small something if your good with crafts or something and that would show affection and caring. Just my thoughts  

palnoki

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:58 pm
I think you should consider that while you are staying there temporary is maybe be considerate of the time and not be a night owl and go to bed at a reasonable time no later than eleven and wake to watch and play with your daughter, read her stories and take her outside to play. It sounds like a lot of people in a small house. But do you relize that you are on the computer to much and could do other things.

To help your aniexty disorder is to get exercise...even take your daughter to a park or play ground and run around with her....when you sit all day long on the computer it doesn't help you at all.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff