Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
The Just-In-Time Halloween Art Contest! (Done! Results in!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll's closed.
  Due to polio.
  Check out results below! :3
View Results

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Okay, guys, the polls are in!

First prize goes to Omochi, with eight votes! Congratulations. :3 You will receive 8k by next Monday.

Second prize goes to Jaft, with six votes! Definitely horrifying work. XD. You will receive 5k by next Monday.

Third place was very close, so I had to make a choice. Viral got four votes- but at the same time, his was a photo manipulation, which is hard to judge on the same level as a sketch. So, for that reason, there are three third-place winners! Viral, Alarias and Chexednut- Congratulations! You will each receive 2k by next monday.

Honorable mentions; Well, pretty much everybody else. I'll find an item for each of you, don't you worry.

Here are our lovely contestants, if you missed out on the contest and would still like to see them;

3a and 3b
5, Photomanipulation
8 a and 8b

Thank you for participating, everybody!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Sadly, every game needs rules. So let's go over the things we have here;

Contest Rules

Draw anything- anything at all- that reflects a scary, halloween sort of feel. That's it! You might get extra points for mentioning the ATG, (Or your lovely host, Mwahaha,) but other than that, go wild! Draw a spooky avatar, a scary monster, or just us ATGers being our strange selves.

Just a few things;

1- This can't be something you drew before you knew about the contest. Sorry- that's not fair to those who haven't been sketching lately. But don't despair! The deadline- Halloween- can definitely be pushed back.
2.- Mature content, with high amounts of gore or slight nudity, are allowed- but to abide by the TOS, do not post them here directly. Anything sexually explicit is not allowed.
3.- We love written works, too, but there's another contest for that this year, isn't there? If there isn't, tell me, and I'll add something in here for that too. X3.
5.- You can enter more than once, but you can only win one prize. :3
4.- I have the right to change this list if something comes up! So double check just in case.

Thread Rules;

1.- It's okay if you hang around a bit, but we do have the phunkeh thread to chat and coordinate haloween events. I'll see you there!
2.- Don't be rude, alright? This goes without saying.
3.- Spamming and page stretching will be dealt with accordingly. Meaning HARD-CORE DELETION, and the possible drainage of your blood. Bluh!

Entry submission;

You can either post it here directly, or mail it to me- I'm not picky. :3.

Questions;

Ask any questions here, and if you don't get a response, PM me. I'm open! But I might not get back ASAP.

K0m0d0

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 pm

Ah, what you've all been waiting for! Prizes! Now I know you all want to get your hands on my vampire gold, (what?) but first you have to know how much I'm giving away, and how the winners will be decided.

Winners will be voted on in the thread via poll after the deadline, which is still up to revision. Depending on how many entries we get, we'll either have a semi-final round or just cut to the chase. If you'll spare me a vampire joke, you might say I'm "winging" it. Bwahaha!

*ahem*

First place; 8k
Second Place; 5k
Third Place; 2k

There will also be up to three honorable mentions, each receving... um.... well, I'll think of something! It will be a surprise.

Now, if there are less than five people when the contest closes- whenever that is- I'll have to reduce each prize to 3k and just hand it out, because it wouldn't even really be a contest, then... . I doubt that will happen, but, a vamprie must be prepared. BLUH!

*okay seriously I'm done.*

I hope these numbers sound good to you! If you think they're too high or too low, just let me know, and I'll go scare up some new funds. BWAHAHAHAHA!

...Bluh!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Here are all the entries as well, with the names of the submitters. :3. (I just wanted the poll and first post to be impartial.)

Omnileech
Taeryyn
Omochi 1 and 2
Bass
Photomanipulation by Viral C
Lobo-Chan
Alarias
Jaft 1 and 2
Chexednut

Thank you for your participation! :3

K0m0d0

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 pm
I shall watch this thread for more updates. I am interested... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:53 pm
I'm glad to hear it, Thaliat! X3

I just couldn't let Halloween go bye in the ATG without an art contest.

K0m0d0

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:20 am
xd ^

What a cool idea. :3 *whips out the crayonguns*  

Omochii

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am
    I shall try and enter if I can! Just need that thing called tiiiime.

Love the post doodles~ So cute.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm
From the number of participants, it appears that this contest is going to suck.... your blood! :B. The art contest is off to a terrifying start with participation from all over the guild! (Sort of) We already have a lovely submission by Omnileech to start us off; but what's up with everybody else!? If Omni could do it, why can't you!? scream

*ahem*

So, quickly! Sketch up some more masterpieces for our lovely guild to be terrified of this halloween.... or I'll have to add you to my host of.. uh... food-minions! Yes! BWAHAHAHA.

(food minions? Is that like onions?)

To inspire you, I have been drawing halloween-themed sketches every day since last friday! You can see them all at my deviantart. (Webpage on profile.)

So, come on! Let's get cracking- there's only four more days until all saint's day, where the villagers will come to stake me! @_@;;.

K0m0d0

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:45 pm
Can I enter more than once? I'm thinking of writing or drawing something about Jaft dressing up as a doctor for halloween and wanting to give members of the office physicals.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:22 pm
Omnileech
Can I enter more than once? I'm thinking of writing or drawing something about Jaft dressing up as a doctor for halloween and wanting to give members of the office physicals.

You most certainly can. :3. But you can only win one prize.  

K0m0d0

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Hmmm, my art sucks... But I'll see if I can throw something together... It needs... tentacles?
Hmmm, 'cause I don't think I could forgive myself for bungling a drawing of Autumn dressed as David Bowie/Jareth...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm
This would be more effectively scary if I could manage to draw a reasonable likeness. Oh well. Boo!

User Image  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm
You entry has been counted!

*oh god that pun was horrible. I think I'm actually in physical pain.*

:B

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff