Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
A good idea... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Join me?
  Why not? I'll do anything Jimmy does, after all.
  No, I'm afraid I'm far to lazy, and have far too litte time. But hindsight is 20/20, and in the future, I will wish I had done this.
View Results

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:29 am
So I'm sitting here, on my bed, a pillow in my lap, and my computer on that, and I feel my gut, and remember a day when I could flex that muscle and feel nothing but bricks. Now? It's like a marshmallow. I'd prefer the bricks personally.

And I bet I'm not the only one out there.

Now, I used to run three miles every night, do twenty push-ups and sit-ups before that, and I used to work at a job that kept me extremely toned. Today, I still run, but everything else is horrible, and while running keeps my lungs nice and big, and burns off all the snacks I eat, it doesn't do much for the rest of my body.

So, I guess what I'd like to know is if there's anyone out there in the guild who wants to work out with me? I'd like to hear one or two replies, but fifteen or twenty, or the entire guild maybe... if all of us work out together, I think that'd be amazing. And it's easy too. At the end of the day, just log in, and post in this thread, telling everyone what kind of exorcises you did, how much or for how long, and what kind of weight you use if you're lifting.

We won't get picky by setting goals for one another, if you did even one pushup, please post about it! But I'll challenge anyone to best me. Today, I'll do ten pushups, ten situps, and run/walk three miles. Anyone who can do something more impressive (everyone, in other words) will get their record put up here in the first post for others to make or break as the days weather us.

Chat about anything you like in here in the mean time. Your favorite places, or ways to work out, specific strategies you've adopted when working out, or anything else you can think of.

Come on guys, don't let your old pal Jimmy down! (yeah, I just played the pity card...)

Our current most impressive workout held by Erius at 3 miles walked, 1 mile ran, 50 bench dips (dun even know what that is), 15 push-ups, unspecified amounts of prone bridges, side bridges, and imaginary jump roping on the twenty second of October, year of our lord: two thousand and eight.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am
Firstly, there's nothing wrong with marshmallows. >.>

However, I understand what you mean. sweatdrop Personally, I don't do any exercise unless I have to. If the world was my way, I'd be on a throne and everyone else would be running around for me. >8D Bwhahaha!

*Gets lost in Evil Overlord Plans* 8D...

....Meanwhile, I walk to school Monday-Friday, each walk taking about 15-20 minutes a go. So, together, there's a good 30-40 minute walk there. That may not sound like impressive exercising at first, but we walk pretty dang fast, if I may say so myself. Actually, I would describe it more as bouncing along the path, than walking on it. biggrin

Other than that, I have a job where I lift things, and I carry approximately...5/6lbs of books for up to 5 hours a day, thanks to school and no lockers, which keeps my arms pretty toned, I guess. (Wow, that almost amounts to the mass of a baby. xd )

And that's it. I'm pretty sure you'd beat me any day, Jimmy. ^^; And when it comes to health, what about our diets? D8  

Omochii

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 am
I force myself to go running almost every morning, but I really have no concept of actual kilometres. Probably not very many. I just run until I'm either awake or on the point of getting myself lost. sweatdrop

Other than that, and the fact that I walk everywhere since I don't drive and the bus schedule sucks, I don't get much exercise.

But just for you, Jimmy, I'll do some situps before I have a shower. x3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 am
Nice idea~

Today...I walked about 3 miles, ran about one, did about 50 bench dips, 15 pushups, no situps =P, prone bridges, side bridges, some running and imaginary rope skipping in place (I don't have a rope to skip =P) aaand that's it...

I don't have a regular workout plan though, and I sometimes have weeks without doing much besides doing some sporadic pushups and dips or dumbbell stuff...

Yeah...  

Serious Erius
Crew

Shaefer_A

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:32 am
Well...I don`t do any formal exercising, but I usually play basketball with my buddy for a few hours several times a week and several times a week we take our girls skating.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36 am
You know, I would love to take part in this, however I'm lucky to have made it to work today with the condition of my pelvis and legs.

Should I get better, I might try!  

God-Raped-Me

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:58 am
I have a brisk ten minute sum total walk to and from the train everyday plus what ever walking I do during the day.

But the only exercise I get is from my dance classes. Four hours strait all on one night. Plus two hours of chasing after little kids when I teach my weekend classes.

Here's a challenge for yah Jimmy, and anyone else who either wants them or thinks they already have abs of steel, I'll tell you now you don't until you can do this.

1) Lay on you back on the floor and make a T (arms out and legs together)
2) lift your legs to a 90 degree angle off the floor (that would be strait up toward the ceiling)
3) the hard part: slowly lower your legs but keep your back flat on the floor, don't arch it (meaning there shouldn't be a curve in it that you can slip your hand or something under)

If you really do have strong abdomen muscles you can keep your back completely flat and lower your legs to be an inch off the floor and stay there for at least a couple minutes and be able to lift them up and repeat it.
O.o
No I can't do it very well myself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 pm
Well, I myself have started a new resolution to be a size 6. I've started eating diet food and eating smaller portions of food. I've also decided to go for a walk each day. Today I walked for about 40 mins or so...I'd try sit ups and all that other junk but, I don't have the lungs for it so...yeah sweatdrop  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Omochii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:14 pm
Alarias
Well, I myself have started a new resolution to be a size 6. I've started eating diet food and eating smaller portions of food. I've also decided to go for a walk each day. Today I walked for about 40 mins or so...I'd try sit ups and all that other junk but, I don't have the lungs for it so...yeah sweatdrop
o_o American size 6, or UK size 6? >_> Sorry if it seems like a ridiculous question...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:22 pm
American...is there a huge difference or something?  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Omochii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:23 pm
Alarias
American...is there a huge difference or something?
Well, our size 4 is your size 0. So I thought, if you were aiming for a size 6 in the UK... gonk *doesn't want Ala to disappear into thin air*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:23 pm
lol If only...if only...  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Omochii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:31 pm
Alarias
lol If only...if only...
gonk Don't make me hug you, AlaNed! Let's get back to health.

Health > Size! D8  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm
RAWR!

LET'S DO IT! ALL OVER MY FACE!!!

*goes to do stuff*  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:59 pm
Wow, you guys are pretty impressive. But I think Erius is probably holding our current record. I'll add him to the first post in a while.

I think I'd like to try and match Erius' work out. We'll see if I can. Wait, that's not the right attitude for something like this, I've gotta be all peppy and jumpy, like I work at a twenty-four hour fitness center. I can do it! Yeah! And If I get my abs up to the quality they were months and months ago, I'm gonna kick the crap out of Elicia's little experiment.

Dieting is great if you have the gumption, however, I don't eat a ton, and what I do eat just falls off me with my metabolism. What I find I have is a bunch of free time, where I wonder what I could do, and it just recently struck me that I could spend it trying to be more fit. So dieting for me? Doesn't really cross my mind.

Anyway, tonight's a social night for me, so no run. I did however just finish doing twenty push-ups and sit-ups each, and then I curled my thirty pound dog (to her dismay) twenty times. I noticed this morning that ten didn't really put the burn in, so I'm upping my repetition like a good little robot.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff