Tell us What You'd Like to See in the Guild Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you like to see?
  Writing contests
  Art contests
  Guild involvement in Gaia events (halloween, easter, chirstmas, ect.)
  Other (tell us in the thread)
  A truck picks up three pounds of timber and drops off three kilos of wire mesh. If the truck was built before 1996, what color are my pants?
View Results

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 pm
It's time for you, the Got Goth members, to tell us what you'd like to see and be involved with in the guild.

For ease, this thread comes with a handy, dandy poll.
Better yet, you can share your opinion with us in this thread. (the more specific you are, the better chance of us doing something you'll enjoy)

We want to get all lathered up with your ideas and opinions. Guide us on our mission to make your guild experience more enjoyable and we might even be able to rinse and repeat.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:33 pm
I would Love to see some writing contests. I'm extremely into writing and I think it would be fun. But I am just one opinion of many. =)

emo_wolf_attack_13

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 pm
Art contests are a great idea; you could do contests for banners, for various themes, gothy profile designs, desktop wallpapers, avatar art, photography contests, drawing, painting, cartooning, film/animation etc... something for everyone (D--I-Y sewing/crafty stuff too maybe?).

As far as writing, excellent idea too... you could hold contests for all different genres (eg poetry, fanfiction, etc). So many options.

I like the special events idea too (it's always been a good idea).

Here's another thing:
what about avatar contests every once in a while? I know there's the Gaia Arenas, but you get such random feedback (as well as a lot of trolling), and it would generate a lot of discussion and activity here, I think (which the guild obviously needs more of). They could be theme based, or just for general aesthetics. It would be fun, I think.

Oh yeah, what about games/draws for gothy (maybe not too expensive) avatar items? or avatar art? That would be another neat idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:52 pm
I've been meaning to create some contests ever since I became a mod, but I don't have enough gold or enough cool items to give away. And art isn't really a safe bet, because once one person sees it then they can re-sell it to a million other people and other people can just use it as they please without actually winning anything.

We should have some events, we need to find a time a lot of people can be on so we can have a celebration of some sort for something....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:05 pm
XWraith_LordX
I've been meaning to create some contests ever since I became a mod, but I don't have enough gold or enough cool items to give away. And art isn't really a safe bet, because once one person sees it then they can re-sell it to a million other people and other people can just use it as they please without actually winning anything.

We should have some events, we need to find a time a lot of people can be on so we can have a celebration of some sort for something....

I can handle prizes and such, if the need be. We need to give mods control of the guild mule. It would be better for the guild mule to accept donations and make these types of threads, but eh.

Art is never a safe bet on the internet, but it can make fun contests. It's a risk to be taken.
People caught stealing art and passing it off as theirs get banned/reported contest or no contest. A common sense kind of a deal. Don't steal, don't get in trouble blahblah.

It would be nice to get in on the upcoming gaia halloween event, but we need to see what gaia is planning, and how much interest it develops in the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm
XWraith_LordX
The Goth Apple
Spooky Ames
I think we should have another fake death picture contest, or something. That was pretty cool.
Oh, gods yes.
blaugh

Can we make the theme an "artful" death?

I'm tired of seeing teenagers lying in bathtubs with katchup smeered over their wrists.

Henneth Annun
Captain

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 pm
don't know about the rest of the guild, but i'm hopping aboard the zOMG train as soon as she launches. Would like to see our clan up there with the other battleclans. Good idea? Bad idea? I don't know.....

(maybe a got goth guild night out, when the mmo is released. where we gang up en masse to wreak havoc to those pesky garden gnomes, and other critters)

just a thought.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 pm
I think more involvement in holidays their really fun especially halloween. Costume contests,cutest art bunny,christmas cutest decoration tree contest, aa bunch of copntests etc.  

Strawberry Bunny Magician

Strawberry Bunny Magician

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am
IY_and_MCR
It's time for you, the Got Goth members, to tell us what you'd like to see and be involved with in the guild.

For ease, this thread comes with a handy, dandy poll.
Better yet, you can share your opinion with us in this thread. (the more specific you are, the better chance of us doing something you'll enjoy)

We want to get all lathered up with your ideas and opinions. Guide us on our mission to make your guild experience more enjoyable and we might even be able to rinse and repeat.
this has nothing to do wwith the topic but I think your prewtty darn good for a guild moderator!^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:53 pm
I beleave writing contests are fun, seeing as Im literate.I can type for days on end if given a good enough reply.  

The_First_God_Zero

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 pm
All hot female members have to post underwear pictures.

Lol, seriously though, I dunno, it'd just be nice to have a more active guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:45 pm
Rellik San
All hot female members have to post underwear pictures.

Lol, seriously though, I dunno, it'd just be nice to have a more active guild.
xd

We need to make people want to come here.

Also it'd be nice if we could update our main page once in awhile...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:02 am
You know anyone with Vice status can do that right?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:54 am
More cowbell.  

zz1000zz
Crew

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:36 pm
Rellik San
You know anyone with Vice status can do that right?

Which would be helpful if we had a vice.

I do agree that our frontpage is in need of an update, but that'll probably be handled once lurichan decides what to do with guild ownership, since I doubt she has time herself.

Christmas is coming up. Anyone who wants to suggest event ideas should get on that. *hints*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff