Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Zac Effron play Light Yagami?
  NO WAY IN HELL!
  Yeah, why not
View Results

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:15 pm
well basically there is going to be an american death note movine. . supposedly coming out in 2010.
so far they are in the proces of casting. . .maybe still writing. . .yeah
well all i have really heard so far as far as casting goes is who there want to play Light. . .
Zac Effron.
i say, no freaking way.
what do you think.
well if you agree that there is no way that Zac Effron (yes the frufru highschool musical disney kid) should play Light Yagami (the psycho we all know and . . . probably have mixed feelings about) then you should sign this petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html

if you think Zac Effron should play light then shame on you. . .  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:37 am
I heard about this too! There is no way Zac can be Raito. Zac is fine for disney stuff, but he can't be in Death Note! scream He just can't! gonk

I am signing that petition. (If I haven't a;ready....)  

Marissa_Jean

OtakuWolf-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:52 pm
If Zac Effron plays in it then he might randomly break out in song and dance and ruin the whole movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Ryuuzaki_Avenger587
If Zac Effron plays in it then he might randomly break out in song and dance and ruin the whole movie.

oh my god that makes me laugh but at the same time cringe in horror...Ugh...I don't even see why they have to make an american version.. gonk  

Sayaka Tenoh

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:11 pm
LOOOOL.

Death Note: The Musical!

eek Oh god, why did I just imagine Light going into song and dance and dramatically eating a potato chip at the same time? gonk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 am
User Image

Yes. The epic potato chip song.
With back-up dancers dressed up as potato chips.
Who's gonna be L then? One of the Jonas Brothers?

Here's £5. Buy Osaka something pretty while out killing monstahs.

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 am
I hope not.

But that said, and disregarding my earlier comment (pass it off as a joke, plz) I wouldn't mind at all if Efron played Light. Yes, yes, you're all wondering "what if he busts out into song and dance and ruins the whole movie?" but come on, for him to do that is SO unprofessional. Let's NOT think of him as "That Disney Guy", let's just consider him an actor.

I mean, bashing him cause he plays Disney roles and is going into something rather dark in comparison is like saying you hate Heath Ledger for playing the Joker in The Dark Knight, and bringing up his role in Brokeback Mountain as a reason why. Lulz. (And Ledger acted his a** off as the Joker, if you haven't seen TDK.)

So who knows, playing Light might be the perfect opportunity for Efron to break out of being "that guy who acted in the High School Musical movies". And if he messes it up, then... rofl It's not like someone's going to force me to watch that movie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm
i just don't like Zac effron.

I never knew who heath ledger was. i've never seen broke back mountain. and i am never watching the dark knight because i hate all the batman crap.
A lot of people i know only went to see the dark knight for heath ledger though.

I feel as though the american version will be totally screwed no matter what but i am gonna hate watching Zac Effron play a maniacle law student bent on cleaning the world or criminals with the use of his handy death note.

the image doesn't go right in my head

*imagine Zac Effron doing corny evil laugh while doing a corny leany backy thing with his arms out to his sides and a death note in one hand with a stupid smirk on his face while doing the corney evil laugh*  

Miyu_Aizawa

OtakuWolf-Chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:56 am
Miyu_Aizawa

*imagine Zac Effron doing corny evil laugh while doing a corny leany backy thing with his arms out to his sides and a death note in one hand with a stupid smirk on his face while doing the corney evil laugh*

eek
that makes my eye get all twitchy-like...
burning_eyes gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 am
Ryuuzaki_Avenger587
Miyu_Aizawa

eek
that makes my eye get all twitchy-like...
burning_eyes gonk

yup.
the worst part is. . . he would sooo do it. . and they would have him do it in the middle of like town with lots of people staring at him wondering why he's so crazy.
like . . . it would so take place in new york and it would be infront of one of those huge TRL screans and he would have just heard that he successfully killed a criminal with his death note XD
that would soooo happen  

Miyu_Aizawa

MsSonata

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:59 pm
Zac Effron as Light ? xp I couldn't picture this. I think of Zac with his high school musical, and then I see Light. sweatdrop It doesn't fit at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 am
Thank you guys, for completely missing the point of what I was saying. neutral  

UltimaMage3

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:14 pm
UltimaMage3
Thank you guys, for completely missing the point of what I was saying. neutral

sorry.
if he were to play light and he did well it would be a good advance in his career. i agree with that.
it is just way to hard to imagine and it just doesn't seem like it will work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 pm
as long as they dont get miley cyrus for misa im good !!! but who is going to play L ??? the guy who did it in the japanese movie was so good how are they going to top that?  

ChangelingGirl

Memeri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:33 pm
WOW This is my first time hearing this. MY reaction is I still will love the japanese version better because it is always better. So if they mess it up, then I shall have to watch the japanese version again and feel better smile  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff