18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
No real opinion on the matter
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

Draconix_00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:19 am
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how in CLAMP manga, and anime series the guys are like taller then tall and the girls are at least 4 heads shorter??? I know guys are generally taller then girls but...seriously! Except for Syaoran in Tsubasa:RC. Hes like a little kid in that one. I thought he was about 16ish in that manga, and he's a scrany little person in there compaired to Kurogane and Fai. But thats a horse of a different colour all together....

Anywho, I just always wondered why that was, and I'm sure its not that way in all cases but in all the ones I've seen by CLAMP, that seems to be the way it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:56 pm
I've noticed that, also... except maybe in X, Kamui isn't much taller than Yuzuriha. 3nodding  

Dallykate
Crew

non642

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:02 pm
It is like that in a lot of animes, but CLAMP definately has some big height differences.
Ferio in MKR is much taller than Fuu though, so there is another example of an exception.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:05 am
i have noticed that too 3nodding  

sugar_noor

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:57 pm
it's probably easier to keep the characters heights the same so in one scene,there not like 14 stories high  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:51 am
Well, in X they seem to have extremely long legs... xp It is probably also maybe the style of one of the artists. Some people might like to draw guys with really long legs? o_o;  

Katsup

Draconix_00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:01 pm
Katsup
Well, in X they seem to have extremely long legs... xp It is probably also maybe the style of one of the artists. Some people might like to draw guys with really long legs? o_o;

Yeah, probably.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:57 pm
Never really cared to notice it. Long as the Manga's okay, I don't care how damned tall the characters are. XP  

AuthorJ

fallenheartz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:10 am
i think it is unique that way. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:34 pm
My god, Hikaru was standing up completely, and Lantis kneeled next to her and he was STILL taller then she was. Unreal! gonk

Someone told me, once before, that taller guys made girls feel more protected or something. >__O;

And in Japan, apparently long legs are something to be proud of... *especially for guys*

*shrugs* I get scared of people that are way too tall. Take in point, Lafarga.... who is taller than Lantis. gonk  

Fyrsiel

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:44 pm
did anyone know that subaru is 5ft4 and he is 110 pounds that is short but he is like 1inch taller then me hee hee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:23 am
Mystical_elfgirl12
did anyone know that subaru is 5ft4 and he is 110 pounds that is short but he is like 1inch taller then me hee hee
eek No way! He looks so tall in the manga! LoL  

Draconix_00

ShardsOfCrystallizedHeart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:44 am
Deaththeangel
Never really cared to notice it. Long as the Manga's okay, I don't care how damned tall the characters are. XP
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:11 pm
i think its just their style, but chii wasn't that short in comparason to hidaki, and the characters in xxxholic ars about the right hight in comparason... meh maybe i'm just crazy  

lavothas

Hikari-chan the Neko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm
I have noticed this. An exception I can think of is Syaoran and Sakura in CCS. They're about the same height.  
Character Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff