Crazy Fashions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 pm
I was wondering what sorts of crazy fashion styles you've seen around where you are. I know out here in California we get the uggs & miniskirts phenomenon, but I've seen some crazy other things.

What sort of crazy thing did you see? Where did you see it? Descriptions please!

What sort of embarrassing outfits have you worn? razz

Pictures of general current fashions you think are funny would be cool too. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:29 pm
A lot of of girls around here seem to be into the oversized sunglasses, but I hear it's a nationwide thing.

A few weeks ago, I saw a lady wearing tight gold stretch pants and those heeled shows that have the straps like gladiator sandals.

I also see a lot of people wearing skinny jeans these days. I don't understand that one.  

Headhunter
Crew

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:34 pm
If I see one more pair of Crocs or flip-flops I'm going to scream.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:54 pm
chibihotachan
If I see one more pair of Crocs or flip-flops I'm going to scream.

*nods*

I will admit: I like miniskirts with crazy stockings.

These sunglasses puzzle me:

User Image

What's the point?  

EmilyScissorhands

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 am
I saw those(glasses) ! They are so.... ??????????????????????????

I am so not "with it" anymore, not that I was ever with it, but still.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 am
I heart my uggies! But I do not EVER wear them out of the house.
The thing I don't like (which is fashionable at the present time) is footless tights. I heart my little lacy socks...but foot less pantiehose??? Just weird.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

GB_Lady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 am
I saw a guy wearing a pimp outfit at the train station once. (It wasn't even fall or Halloween for that matter!) He was wearing a feathery hat and coat with large sunglasses complete with a pimping stick. If he is one, I never would have thought any pimp would ever dress so...stereotypically.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:58 pm
a few things i've seen

flip flops and mini skirts in january (this is chicago, we have cold and snow in janurary, wtf?) i guess this wouldnt be bad except the two girls were whinning that they were cold (ah you think)

the bug size sunglasses

skirts with the leggings, long shirts with the leggings.

uggs (why would you want what looks like a mopdog on your feet?)

and while i dont get the croc thing i have a cheap walmart pair because last summer i worked at a greenhouse and you had to have closed toed shoes and watering for 4-6 hours in gym shoes= very wet feet, and very ruined shoes lol.

all and all we get some weird stuff out here, namely cus I live one town over from the OC of the midwest
(guess what town that is and you win a prize, lol.)

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:15 pm
Yeah, the crocs as regular shoes puzzles me, just because to me they look kind of like clown shoes. xd

Leggings I can understand because it's cold, but not when worn as pants. That puzzles me.

Deuil Jewel
I saw a guy wearing a pimp outfit at the train station once. (It wasn't even fall or Halloween for that matter!) He was wearing a feathery hat and coat with large sunglasses complete with a pimping stick. If he is one, I never would have thought any pimp would ever dress so...stereotypically.
rofl

I think those sunglasses are from a music video??? I don't know for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 pm
I got stuck in the oversized shirts with leggings, but it was 1990 and I was twelve ^^;  

chibihotachan

Lisetta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 am
Wife beaters really bother me... maybe it's because what they are called now.
But I cringe when I see a guy wearing one alone as a top.

I have to admit, I wear crocs... I like to wear them when it's a bit colder out with socks. I even bought some furry ones to wear during cold weather and they are sooo comfy. I like shoes that I can slip on and are comfy that I can wear for errands.

I used to love to wear the big shirts with leggings in the early 90s.. is that when it was? I would wear them with long, thick socks scrunched down over hiking boots. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:49 am
guys wearing girl's pants tends to confuse the s**t out of me. i mean, c'mon, the boys need room to breathe, correct?  

Super Buick

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:02 pm
Super Buick
guys wearing girl's pants tends to confuse the s**t out of me. i mean, c'mon, the boys need room to breathe, correct?

OH OHH!! that reminds me of this kid in one of my classes he had on the tight girl pants that were clearly too small to fit over his butt, so everyday we got to see his two pairs of boxers... But it gets better, he had on 3-4 belts each day around his hips, WTF!!! whats with the many belts if none of them hold the dang pants up  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:48 pm
Here's an oddity I've seen and so has Steven. We're both very confused by the fact we see tweens and teens alike wearing T-shirts under summer dresses and not just a white or other neutral color I mean these clash the color of the summer dress. For example, a girl was wearing an orange T-shirt under a purple summer dress. xp I mean what is up with that?! We saw these mostly at church, which yes I understand trying to look more modest by putting a T-shirt under a summer dress, but only if it's neutral or matches your summer dress. 3nodding Not what these tweens and teens are doing! whee  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:23 pm
Bakura Amane
Here's an oddity I've seen and so has Steven. We're both very confused by the fact we see tweens and teens alike wearing T-shirts under summer dresses and not just a white or other neutral color I mean these clash the color of the summer dress. For example, a girl was wearing an orange T-shirt under a purple summer dress. xp I mean what is up with that?! We saw these mostly at church, which yes I understand trying to look more modest by putting a T-shirt under a summer dress, but only if it's neutral or matches your summer dress. 3nodding Not what these tweens and teens are doing! whee

Those were on display at a clothing store in the mall. I was like, "WTF?" No offense to anyone that wears it-- But I just think it looks absurd.  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff