Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Guild of Doom

Back to Guilds

Often imitated, never duplicated 

Tags: Random, Awesome, Epic, Poll, Gold 

Reply Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
"Why Not" be the plilosopher you have always wanted to be? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a plilosopher or a...
  normal person
  pollwhore
  comedian
View Results

ExodusHammer13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm
Have you always wanted to talk when no one would listen? Have you always wanted to criticize someone or something? Well heres where you can beocme the egomaniacal philosopher that your mom never wanted you to become. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:52 pm
haha. so we get to complain pretty much? well....ok then.

nothing at the moment...but I'll come back to you on that.  

[Vertically.Challenged]

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm
Oooh, Tai's gonna have a b***h fit.

Okay, the program I'm using to teach myself Japanese, Rosetta Stone, seems to have been developed by people who are of the mentality that Americans cannot learn natural Japanese thus they use periods and commas where they shouldn't be for some dumbass reason like 'making it easier to understand'.

For example:
biidama ga nanko ni arimasu ka
How many marbles are there?

In that sentence, 'ka' is like a question mark in English. HOWEVER, fecking Rosetta Stone makes you put A FECKING PERIOD at the end. Now, do we put a question mark and a period when we write? No, neither do the Japanese. It'd look really odd if you added 'desu' to the end of all your sentences.

Another example:
pan wa arimasen.
No bread
And
takusan no pan
Lots of bread

....Why does the first have a period and not the second?

The commas thing drives me crazy cause it's completely random. I'll pull a random sentence out of my a** just to show you what I mean.
ringo to banana wa takusan arimasuga, tomago wa arimasen.
Lots of apples and bananas but no eggs.

That's how one sentence will come up, another will be like this:
kaubooihatto ga takusan ni arimasu kaubooi wa arimasen

... The hell? Following the logic, or lack thereof, of the first sentence, there should have been a comma after 'arimasu' and a period after 'arimasen'.

THANKS FOR IRRITATING THE HELL OUT OF ME, ROSETTA STONE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:46 am
Philosopher..? I think I'll take Tai's "b***h and rant" thing instead...
but... on a different level.

:<

A sadder level.

One of our cats had her first litter of kittens about 2 months ago... and she only had two. Both male cats. A black one and a gray and white one. She's a first year momma cat, so everyone in my house pretty much knew that she was gonna handle it kinda weird, cause she's kinda stupid...
What we didn't expect was for her to kill and eat her black cat.
(We joked and said she was racist.)
But we still left her with the gray/white one...
But... I wish we didn't.
Apparently, the kitten got sick and it became awfully skinny.. and for the past few days it was very tired... and we thought it was because momma cat didn't feed it...
Yesterday, my sister went out and bought kitten formula, and we tried feeding it, but it wasn't eating that much... but night came and I was going somewhere or doing something outside and I found it outside surrounded by its own vomit (from the kitten formula). I got it and cleaned it.. and it seemed to be okay... but as the night progressed the kitten's condition worsened...
It just cried and cried and didn't have the energy to move.
My sister went to sleep.
And my mom said I should anticipate it not making it through the night and headed for bed herself.
But I called a friend up and he decided to swing by just to keep me company.
I checked on the cat repeatedly, making sure it was still breathing and alive.
But when my friend was leaving, I found it sprawled out on the welcome mat (it had moved quite a bit from where it was) as if it was trying to beckon my family, asking to be saved... so all i could do was freak out and start crying... My friend had to go look for the kitten food, but I found it before he did, while holding the barely living kitten...
I cried and cried as it didn't open its mouth to eat.
It survived the night, but disappeared in the morning. Apparently the b***h mom cat took off with it and hid it... But I found the kitten again. It was being dragged across the street by the mom cat...
But today was no different than last night...
As hard as I tried.. I tried giving it a little bit of formula, trying to give it water.. I may have over did it... because.. it just vomited and gave up living...
As much as I tried, I couldn't save a helpless kitten.
Zev thinks it's cause maybe some cat disease (like worms or something) got to the baby... through the mom milk and could have been the reason why the other kitten was offed...
But it's just sad.
I'll miss the little kitty who kept trying to go inside the house and waddle around falling on the ground even when it was healthy...

And that's a big wall text of sadness.

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

[Vertically.Challenged]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 am
ok I got this now.

alright so I just bought a new tennis racket last year. I was like "yes! now I'll be a better player cause I have this awesome racket!"

what I didn't realize is that when I banged it into a poll at the end of the season last year[by accident] that I slightly bent it.

so today was the first day of tennis practice and I got my "awesome" racket out....then I noticed it was bent.

so being the retard that I am...I tried to bend it back. but because I'm a complete dumb a**...I think I bent it a little more rather than fixing it.

so now I have to secretly buy a new racket thats identical so my dad will never know. problem is I have no money at the moment. and I dont remember where I bought it. but I cant keep playing with it because it will mess up my whole game.

so yeah...I'm a little pissed off at my stupidity.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:35 am
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Why the hell was the "No child left behind" system both approved and implemented. The US government should realize that there are kids in 8th grade right now who can't even read english on a 3rd grade level. Yes this means that on the books we will have a higher number of graduates from middle and high school, but whats the point if they're dumb as rocks?

SIDE NOTE: My mom is a middle school teacher.  

Ten of Hearts

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:19 am
Gas prices suck D: Thank you very much x3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:09 pm
Amen to that one Kuro, they are over $4 here in maine.  

mailer04

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:00 pm
crazy_mongoose
Philosopher..? I think I'll take Tai's "b***h and rant" thing instead...
but... on a different level.

:<

A sadder level.

One of our cats had her first litter of kittens about 2 months ago... and she only had two. Both male cats. A black one and a gray and white one. She's a first year momma cat, so everyone in my house pretty much knew that she was gonna handle it kinda weird, cause she's kinda stupid...
What we didn't expect was for her to kill and eat her black cat.
(We joked and said she was racist.)
But we still left her with the gray/white one...
But... I wish we didn't.
Apparently, the kitten got sick and it became awfully skinny.. and for the past few days it was very tired... and we thought it was because momma cat didn't feed it...
Yesterday, my sister went out and bought kitten formula, and we tried feeding it, but it wasn't eating that much... but night came and I was going somewhere or doing something outside and I found it outside surrounded by its own vomit (from the kitten formula). I got it and cleaned it.. and it seemed to be okay... but as the night progressed the kitten's condition worsened...
It just cried and cried and didn't have the energy to move.
My sister went to sleep.
And my mom said I should anticipate it not making it through the night and headed for bed herself.
But I called a friend up and he decided to swing by just to keep me company.
I checked on the cat repeatedly, making sure it was still breathing and alive.
But when my friend was leaving, I found it sprawled out on the welcome mat (it had moved quite a bit from where it was) as if it was trying to beckon my family, asking to be saved... so all i could do was freak out and start crying... My friend had to go look for the kitten food, but I found it before he did, while holding the barely living kitten...
I cried and cried as it didn't open its mouth to eat.
It survived the night, but disappeared in the morning. Apparently the b***h mom cat took off with it and hid it... But I found the kitten again. It was being dragged across the street by the mom cat...
But today was no different than last night...
As hard as I tried.. I tried giving it a little bit of formula, trying to give it water.. I may have over did it... because.. it just vomited and gave up living...
As much as I tried, I couldn't save a helpless kitten.
Zev thinks it's cause maybe some cat disease (like worms or something) got to the baby... through the mom milk and could have been the reason why the other kitten was offed...
But it's just sad.
I'll miss the little kitty who kept trying to go inside the house and waddle around falling on the ground even when it was healthy...

And that's a big wall text of sadness.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu~ crying
Kitty... Uwaa~ neutral

Ranting? Then we'll take a local one!

What's the thing about labelling people, WAIT, not just people, it's your freaking friends! I could imagine that Tai wouldn't wanna be labelled "emo" by her friends, whetever it's for fun or not! Imagine how sad it would be, to be labelled a skank, just because your friends think it's funny!? I mean, COME ON! LABELLING IS NOT FRIENDLY crying !  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 pm
I miss my cat so much now, Mongoose.  

Jasmine Perishing

CassyBean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:11 am
The inability of Public High School Teachers to allow students to express their views and opinions just because they think we don't have enough "worldly experience".
Seriously, I know more about the War on Terror than EITHER of my American History teachers. COMBINED. And my English teacher plotted out EACH essay we had to write. FOR THE WHOLE FRICKIN' SEMESTER! Give us a break people!
We may be 14, 15, and 16, but we have the right to express our opinions too!

~~ rant done.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 am
Jasmine Perishing
I miss my cat so much now, Mongoose.
I'm sorry! gonk I didn't mean to open up old wounds!! It's just it was so sad and no one to talk to...

Daen_Kajiin
The inability of Public High School Teachers to allow students to express their views and opinions just because they think we don't have enough "worldly experience".
Seriously, I know more about the War on Terror than EITHER of my American History teachers. COMBINED. And my English teacher plotted out EACH essay we had to write. FOR THE WHOLE FRICKIN' SEMESTER! Give us a break people!
We may be 14, 15, and 16, but we have the right to express our opinions too!

~~ rant done.
I can understand why though.
Sometimes most young teens can't really comprehend certain situations, or they think things in a naive manner, where they think of something simple that can really solve a world problem, but there are deeper complex issues that prevent simple plans from happening. Other times, older dumb people just don't want small bratty kids giving out good ideas. neutral

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

KissMy5Ass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:05 am
Fuzia
Nuuuuuuuuuuuu~ crying
Kitty... Uwaa~ neutral

What's the thing about labelling people, WAIT, not just people, it's your freaking friends! I could imagine that Tai wouldn't wanna be labelled "emo" by her friends, whetever it's for fun or not! Imagine how sad it would be, to be labelled a skank, just because your friends think it's funny!? I mean, COME ON! LABELLING IS NOT FRIENDLY crying !

Very good point! Gaia is promoting itself as 'user friendly' then it comes up with this labeling crap!

@Mongoose: Poor kitty crying crying

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:18 am
Demonic_Evil61
Fuzia
Nuuuuuuuuuuuu~ crying
Kitty... Uwaa~ neutral

Very good point! Gaia is promoting itself as 'user friendly' then it comes up with this labeling crap!

@Mongoose: Poor kitty crying crying

Today, when I logged on... I noticed I had been labelled as a "Player" ... Now, that wasn't really into my liking neutral  

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

da_rhyno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:18 am
Here's a philosophical question... "When a tree falls on a mute girl, does she scream?"  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff