Reply Main Forum
Piercings and Tattoos Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 am
Due to Aquila's post in the Pineapple Pub, I thought I'd start a topic about piercings and tattoos. Do you have any?? How do you feel about them??  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:51 am
Personally, I don't like piercings anywhere but the ears. Tattoos are fine... in moderation. I don't like people that have them everywhere, but a couple small ones are fine. I don't have any tattoos or other piercings.  

Sliph

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:01 pm
I don't like the idea of a tattoo, simply because it's permanent. You see kids getting tattoos of their favourite band logos and stuff which is really stupid because if they go off the band, they're left with a horrible mark on their skin that costs alot to remove.
I used to hate the idea of piercings, but I'm really coming around to the idea of getting my lip pierced. I was in work tonight and I served a woman who had her lip pierced and I thought it looked awesome. I might actually go ahead with it if it's ok with the people at work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:04 pm
I think it's a person-by-person kind of thing with piercings. A lip ring will look great on one person, and then *absolutely* ridiculous on another; it's the same with nose and eyebrows, too.

Lip rings give me the heebie jeebies though in general. I had a camp counselor once who would squish mashed potatoes through the hole at dinner... *shudder* nice, otherwise well-adjusted kinda guy...but I'll never be able to get mouth piercings because of that image >.<

I'm alright with tattoos as long as they're well thought out and artistic. Cartoons and the like are tough because they present such an immature impression. Band symbols and art (drawn by the tattoo artist specifically) on the other hand, can be perfectly acceptable because your integrity isn't compromised.  

_Immutable_Impossible_

Glittering Bloodsucker

Neitsabes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 am
I absolutley hate piercings on men, women too, but not as much.

Why? Because men are more likely to get into fights, and try to get punched in the lip when you have a lip ring, I swear that if i ever got into a fight, I would go for your damn piercings.

tattoos, I don't mind so much on other people, I myself would never get one because I don't believe we should modify our bodies a certain way, if I ever get a tattoo, it would be small, and VERY meaningful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:37 am
Neitsabes

tattoos, I don't mind so much on other people, I myself would never get one because I don't believe we should modify our bodies a certain way, if I ever get a tattoo, it would be small, and VERY meaningful.

I definately agree. Tattoos are ok if they are meaningful and fairly small. It also depends on what part of the body it is too. I hate it when people have stereotypical tattoos...like barbed wire around the arm..EVERYONE has those...if you're going to get a tattoo, get something unique..

I don't like the idea of tattoos cause they are permanent, like Aquila said. What if I don't like it after a while? I think it's a young person trend..I think tattoos look awful when on older people, so what's the point?

@Immutableimpossible - Lip rings give the heebie jeebies too. They can actually look quite sexy on some people but the idea of them just makes me shudder..it must be horrible to kiss someone wearing one..it actually make me want to hurl thinking of it. I think the hole that's left when you take them out is pretty horrible too. I just makes me shudder to think of a lip being pierced because of what you use your lips for...eating and kissing etc...eyebrows and ears are suitable for jewellery..but lips? To me they're not meant for jewellery.  

Shadow__Dweller

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm
My girlfriend helped me to get a fake lip ring today so I could see whether or not I'd suit a real one. Here's the result:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm in 2 minds about it really, I'm really getting used to it but my parents and my family hate it. A few of my friends hate it too. But I figure, I'm doing it for me, not for anyone else so why not just get it done?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am
Hehe, glad you managed to get a fake one so you could try it out. What's it like when you're eating? sweatdrop If you really want it done you shouldn't let your parents and stuff stop you...besides, if you figure you don't like it after a while just stop wearing it and it will heal up.  

Shadow__Dweller

Neduls
Crew

Girl-Crazy Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 pm
The little girl says -
I say people should be allowed to do what they want to their own body.

For me, I just want to get my lip pierced, and I want a few more holes in my ears.

As for tattoos I agree that they have to be meaningful. The two tattoos that I plan on getting have a great deal of meaning for me, and would be irreverent to anyone else expect my brother.

Now, Henna on the other hand, is lots of fun. Its like a temporary tattoo sort of thing, only it only comes in a dark brown. Its a tea that dyes your skin. I love getting it done, and I plan on visiting my woman this weekend to do Henna with her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am
Neduls
The little girl says -
I say people should be allowed to do what they want to their own body.

For me, I just want to get my lip pierced, and I want a few more holes in my ears.

As for tattoos I agree that they have to be meaningful. The two tattoos that I plan on getting have a great deal of meaning for me, and would be irreverent to anyone else expect my brother.

Now, Henna on the other hand, is lots of fun. Its like a temporary tattoo sort of thing, only it only comes in a dark brown. Its a tea that dyes your skin. I love getting it done, and I plan on visiting my woman this weekend to do Henna with her.

I agree that people should be allowed to do what they want to their bown bodies..I just personally dislike it is all. If my boyfriend has his lip pierced I'd probably have to ask him to take it out when we kissed cause I'd want to throw up sweatdrop  

Shadow__Dweller

Neduls
Crew

Girl-Crazy Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 am
The little girl says -
Yes, but there is a difference between asking to take the piercing out, or threating to break up with them.

Example:
A friend just recently switched boyfriends, and she's been thinking about getting her nipples pierced. The first boyfriend said "I'll break up with you if you do." And the second boyfriend said "Please don't.." And she doesn't plan on doing it now, but there is a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 am
User Image.I will b r e a k into your thoughts, with what's written on my heart
.Practice can make perfect, but it's p a s s i o n that persuades
.Loving you can be painful...but it ALWAYS h u r t s. so. good.
.You t r i p p e d over your words, and fell right into my love

I enjoy tattoos and piercings...if they're done right.

I only have my ears pierced once, and no tattoos...
but that's because I'm a chicken and wimp with pain.
I'd love to get a tattoo and more piercings...someday.
Only a tasteful tattoo and I've been thinking a long time
on what I'd get if I ever did get up the courage.
And I'd love to get more piercings in my ears...
I don't think I'd look right with an eyebrow or lip ring...
so I'd just go with multiple piercings in my ears.User Image

User Image
You make me feel all s c r i b b l y inside.
I L o v e You without reason and that is reason enough.
L o v e is the only game never postponed due to darkness.
Missing you is the kind of hurt my h e a r t is t h a n k f u l to feel.

K w e e nBeauty

Aged Gaian

8,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:44 am
Neduls
The little girl says -
Yes, but there is a difference between asking to take the piercing out, or threating to break up with them.

Example:
A friend just recently switched boyfriends, and she's been thinking about getting her nipples pierced. The first boyfriend said "I'll break up with you if you do." And the second boyfriend said "Please don't.." And she doesn't plan on doing it now, but there is a difference.

it's not a good enough reason to break up with someone...appearances shouldn't be the sole reason for a relationship anyway sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm
User Image.I will b r e a k into your thoughts, with what's written on my heart
.Practice can make perfect, but it's p a s s i o n that persuades
.Loving you can be painful...but it ALWAYS h u r t s. so. good.
.You t r i p p e d over your words, and fell right into my love

I think n****e piercings are gross.
Especially on women. Eww...User Image

User Image
You make me feel all s c r i b b l y inside.
I L o v e You without reason and that is reason enough.
L o v e is the only game never postponed due to darkness.
Missing you is the kind of hurt my h e a r t is t h a n k f u l to feel.

K w e e nBeauty

Aged Gaian

8,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50

Alamoria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:32 am
Shadow__Dweller
it's not a good enough reason to break up with someone...appearances shouldn't be the sole reason for a relationship anyway sweatdrop

Piercing and tattoos aren't only about appearance. To some people, it's showing that a person is willing to mutilate the body, which kinda shows a person's personality, attitude about life, and how they feel about themselves.

Personally, I don't find tattoos and most piercings attractive at all, and earrings are only nice if they're not flashy and don't draw too much attention to themselves.

And Aquila, if that's really you...Damn you're cute. xd The lip ring doesn't suit you...but still. blaugh  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff