Video Games II: Electric Boogaloo Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:34 pm
Headhunter productions brings you the unnecessary sequal to the original Video Game thread! Now with bigger budget, much less plot and many more explosions!

........ stare

Right, so the the purpose of this thread is to discuss video games, as I can clearly see I'm not the only gamer here and I don't think a lot of members visit the polls subforum so they may not have seen the original.

So with that said....

Discuss:

-What kinds of games do you like to play?
-What are some of your current favorites? All time favorites?
-What games are you looking forward to?
-Anything else video game related.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:02 pm
-What kinds of games do you like to play? I like most, other then fighting ones.
-What are some of your current favorites? All time favorites? Current Faves Is monster madness and Sonic o.o;
All time Faves would be Fatal Frame, Zelda, GTA, and Most anything from Lucas Arts.
-What games are you looking forward to? I'm looking forward To the 'Force Unleashed' game.
-Anything else video game related. Whats the worst game you've ever played?  

Juliett Heart

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:15 pm
Pet Spork
-What kinds of games do you like to play? I like most, other then fighting ones.
-What are some of your current favorites? All time favorites? Current Faves Is monster madness and Sonic o.o;
All time Faves would be Fatal Frame, Zelda, GTA, and Most anything from Lucas Arts.
-What games are you looking forward to? I'm looking forward To the 'Force Unleashed' game.
-Anything else video game related. Whats the worst game you've ever played?

The worst video game I ever played that I can remember would have to be this fighting game called Time Killers. The concept was cool enough, take fighters from different time periods (knights, people from the future, vikings and so on), throw them in a tournament and ultra-violent wackiness ensues, but the game itself was pretty awful. The same company went on to make a spiritual succesor called Bloodstorm that dealt with fighters on a post-apocalyptic earth. Again, cool concept, very lousy execution.

Right now I'm working my way through Grand Theft Auto 4 and trying to get as much done as I can because Ninja Gaiden 2 come out next week(!!!!!).

Oh, and my favorite game ever? Earthworm Jim 2. Hands down.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:31 pm
Guess it's a good thing I've never heard of either of those games. xD

Dx I am really wanting to get GTA 4. I bet it rocks.

Earthworm Jim 2? I don't think i've played that, I'll have to look into it.  

Juliett Heart

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:49 pm
I heart Mario Kart! domokun heart domokun xp  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:38 am
damnatio memoriae
I heart Mario Kart! domokun heart domokun xp

Super Nintendo or beyond?

I love driving Koopa- I think that's why I have an obsession with small cars with good handling IRL  

AntoniaMerEnfant

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:53 pm
I've only played the Game Cube version. I have heard that the Super Nintendo version is the best though. I'm so excited to see how quickly the Wii version came out and hopefully that will be the one I'm playing soon xd .

heart Nintendo heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:41 pm
-What kinds of games do you like to play? RPGs, Action, Horror, Puzzle, Strategy RPGs, etc.

Current Favorites-- Dead Rising and Bioshock!

All Time Favorites-- Final Fantasy series, Fatal Frame, Disgaea, Zelda, Mario Kart, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill series, Guitar Hero (I rock at Guitar Hero. ^_^), Devil May Cry, and Soul Calibur.

Lego Batman.
Mario Kart Wii-- When I finally get the money to afford it. crying
Resident Evil 5
Silent Hill 5
Fatal Frame for the Wii  

EmilyScissorhands

Ybrik

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:58 pm
What kinds of games do you like to play?: I like pretty much all genres of games except sports titles.

I have a large list of favorite games, but my current top three are probably Metal Gear Solid 3, Soul Caliber III, and Silent Hill 2.

I'm so excited about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (love Kojima!) upcoming release and Soul Caliber 4 with the added characters of Darth Vader and Yoda. Also this new Dragon Ball Z game for the 360 looks intense. I hope it lives up to the hype. Too bad i don't own a new-gen system yet!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:16 am
Pet Spork

Earthworm Jim 2? I don't think i've played that, I'll have to look into it.

It was on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. If you know how to run emulators it shouldn't be hard to find at all. While the gameplay itself was really good and changed up quite a bit to keep from getting stale, the game's highlight was most certainly its extremely ridiculous sense of humor.  

Headhunter
Crew

Yonsan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 am
Headhunter

Discuss:

-What kinds of games do you like to play?
-Anything else video game related.

Never ask a gamer who likes to write something like this.

Having played games since the wee age of four and having worked at a video game store for a little over a year, it is in fact safe to say that I am a gamer. It would not be a stretch to conclude that a topic like this is one that could keep me writing for hours if not days, but I'll try and be as brief as I can (only a page or two).

I like to play almost any type of games. Sports games are my one major exception to this as I don't like them. Then again I don't really watch sports nor do I have any real interest in most sports so that might be why.

My favorite types of games are (shamefacedly) Online First Person Shooters. Granted they have little story most of the time, and often a somewhat lackluster single player experience, but I like competitive games and I like fast moving games like shooters above the rest. I prefer the Call of Duty / Halo 1 and 2 vein, games that move fast but benefit those who stop to try and use some strategy with their slaughter. From those first days on Wolfenstien and Doom to COD4 and Halo 3, nothing quite rivals that satisfaction in getting a headshot on some annoying and tenacious target.

But the above should not imply that I don't play other games. At a very close 2nd I like RPGs. My favorite are open ended and heavily customizable (Elder Scrolls) though I love me some story intensive turnbased and active time RPGs just as much (FF6, FF7, FF8, FFX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Super Mario RPG [what? it was a great little game!] KotOR). I tend to enjoy a deep and engaging story (though it has to have good gameplay to back it up [I'm lookin' at you Mass Effect]).

Next up are the hybrid RPGs like Deus Ex which is part shooter, part RPG and Fable which is part action, RPG. You could also include Zelda in this category and though LttP is possibly my favorite game of all time, the game type is not necessarily my favorite. I include these in the RPG category. "If Bioshock is not Art, then Art is the poorer for it" - Tycho, PA

3rd place? Fighting games. Oh street fighter, KI, DOA2/3/4, Soul Calibur, KOF. How I adore your simple yet fun premise. A battle to the KO, sometimes emphasized by the fatality or humiliation or the 99 hit combo.

A very close fourth? Action/Adventure. This genre is super generalized. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Shinobi, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, Assasin's Creed (you repetitive b*****d you), Megaman, Rayman, DMC the list goes on forever. Just because it's fourth on the list should not imply I don't thoroughly enjoy these games as much as and sometimes more than other genres.

5th? Strategy Games, either Real time Age of Empires, or turnbased Fire Emblem, Alpha Centauri, Advance Wars, Shining Force. A love of Chess helps me here.

6th. 3rd person shooters. Dead Rising, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and Silent Hill (okay not really a "shooter") are really the only 3rd person shooters I go out of my way to get, though I have played a number of other good ones.

7th Racing Games. Mario Kart is near and dear to my heart and I enjoy some Burnout and FZero too, but these are really best played with others. Fun Fact: Antonia is better at the GP races in Mario Kart on the SNES than I am.

8th Puzzle Games. I like Tetris, Columns, Kirby Avalanche and the rest, but to me they've always been waiting games. As in I don't have time to start a Final Fantasy right now, so I'll play Tetris until my guest gets here. Fun Fact: Antonia owns me at Kirby Avalanche.

9th MMORPGs. I played WoW and I liked it for a while, but I have issues with games that are more like jobs. The trouble with MMORPG's is I don't find them as engaging as RPG's where you are the main character. In FF I leveled up Cloud and saved the world. In WoW I have one of millions of level 70s. Also, Paying for Xbox Live or paying more for WoW... Gimmie the Live.

10th. Music Games. Boom Boom Rocket and Guitar Hero are about the only ones I'll play. I just don't get into Dance Dance like some.

I didn't include the games that almost defy genre such as Shadow of the Colossus and Grand Theft Auto, but rest assured they are also favorites of mine.

Currently I'm looking forward to Ninja Gaiden 2, Force Unleashed, Fable 2, RE5, FF Chrystal Chronicles for Wii, and Wii Fit once my Wii is fixed. That's pretty much my buying guide for the year. I would say Metal Gear Solid 4 but I refuse to buy a PS3 (or any system) for one game.

Sorry for the length of this post.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:35 am
Fun Fact: Yonsan pwned Antonia at Soul Calibur 3.

Fun Fact: Yonsan mentioned his female friend pwnd him at Soul Calibur

Fun Fact: Antonia glared angrily at Yonsan.

Moral of the story: Never mention to your girlfriend that not only has she been pwned, but that your female friend pwnd you.

That's ok, that's why Talim is my secret button-mashing weapon biggrin  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I must be the only PS3 owner who doesn't care about MGS 4. I thought the first was great and 2 was good up until it started getting really, really weird near the end. It's because of that fact that I never even touched part 3.

Apart from GTA 4, I've been putting a lot of hours in Warhammer 40,000: Soulstorm on the PC. The Dark Eldar asre just too much of a blast to play as.

Aside from Ninja Gaiden 2, I know my to buy list for the forseeable future looks something like this:

-DBZ: Burst Limit
-The Bourne Conspiracy
-Soul Calibur 4 (it's Mitsurugi/Astaroth or nothing, for me xd )
-Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
-Saint's Row 2
-Gears of War 2
-Killzone 2
-Little Big Planet
-Force Unleashed
-Destroy All Humans! 3
-Darksiders: The Wrath of War (Maybe. I'm interested in this because I LOVE the concept behind it)
-RE 5

but I'm on the fence about:
-Highlander
-Golden Axe: Beast Rider
-Bionic Commando (I still can't beleive they're bringing this back)
-Splatterhouse (same as above)
-Borderlands
-Mortal Kombat vs DC comics (I mean...seriously...?)
-Hellboy: the Science of Evil  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:02 pm
-What kinds of games do you like to play? RPG, puzzle, strategy games. Sometimes shooter or action/fighting games. Platform games and scroller games are cool too.
-What are some of your current favorites? All time favorites? My current favorite is Crisis Core. My all time favorites are Yoshi's Island and Final Fantasy Tactics and the Tactics Advance.
-What games are you looking forward to? The Sims 3. I'm really not a console person anymore aside from playing Wii with my love.
-Anything else video game related. From all the years of my gaming, my thumbs have the tendency to bend a bit. They're also a tad muscular from the extended gaming hours.  

LadyGlamSlam

Inquisitive Romantic

33,025 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 pm
I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 today and it's excellent. So very, very excellent crying .

I played it for 3 hours straight and didn't realize that much time had passed.  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff