Tags: Random, Awesome, Epic, Poll, Gold 

Reply Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
Stupidity of the day! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes, Ryuu hates text talk.
  Call me an a** if you want; you still have no excuse for not spelling correctly.
  Unless you're dyslexic, then I'll understand. Doesn't mean I still won't be a bit annoyed, though.
View Results

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:43 pm
Okay, so I got this comment yesterday;

Quote:
I read it kool but in my real life (not in gaia) im writing something similar only its in a world of Kentus ( ask me l8ter of wat they are) and its walking and talking animals with powers (well they can shape-shift mostly) and they have to save the Queen Herinaie (who gave them there powers) from a dark dragon who will destroy her unless they go to him and give him the powers more info l8ter. so u like?

My reply to that;

Quote:
Wow.

No offense, but if your spelling and grammar is like that in a simple profile comment, I'd hate to see what it's like in story format.

One of the person's friend's reply to my reply;

Quote:
LEARN HOW TO SPELL OFFENCE DUMBASS....

And her comment in my profile;

Quote:
>> Bad grammer makes you mad?

My reply to her;

Quote:
Yes, bad grammar makes me mad. There is absolutely no reason for people to use text talk- you wouldn't spell that way on a school exam or a job application, so why on the internet?

Oh, and it is 'offense' not 'offence.' Spell check says so. You learn how to spell before trying to correct someone else.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

And the chick spelled grammar wrong, too. XD

Lesson of the day; people are stupid. x]

On another note; I was outside todayyyy. Running around and such. My feet hurt now.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:18 pm

The human race's languages will all eventually devolve into pictograms and grunting, won't they? crying *shakes fist at internet*

[Ohandum. offence is a legitimate spelling in Britain, but for Random Commenty Person to not know that there are american and british english spelling differences is still equally as stupid.]
User Image

Vexworth

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:28 pm
No, because all the stupid people will be terminated before that can happen. >D

And yeah, there are differences in Britain and English spelling but... like... She didn't need to call me a dumbass.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:32 pm
color or colour.

Yay for differences!

ni squared

Wheezing Smoker

Unlucky Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:33 pm
Color! XD

Blond or blonde? I spell it 'blonde.'

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:23 pm
User Image

My spell check says it's spelled blond...but I like to spell it blonde

I'm some what dyslexic because I think really really fast.
Make my brain hurt when there is bad grammar and text talk.

One guy commented my profile "Bby, your fashion sense is beautiful."
Why can't they say baby?
Is it too hard to add the 'a'?
And I still have no idea what boo means.
And why do some people capitalize the first work of a sentence and not the I's?
Bah!
Sometimes I can't understand at all and when I ask what they mean they just get mad and call me stupid.
-.-;

User Image

inryokuhime

Tipsy Fairy

VoraciousPanda

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:39 pm
lols well, I'm generally a stickler for proper spelling... unless I misspell on purpose. Can't say I always spell correctly tho. x_x I kinda like my own lil chat speak though...  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:39 pm
Yeah well and then there's french.. >.>;;

*doesn't even want to attempt*  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:22 am
I understand if people doesn't KNOW how to spell, I actually kindda hate it, because I wanna tell them there's an error, but they usually get pissed and all "OMG, WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANNA ACT HIGH AND MIGHTY?" bitching session, although I just wanna help them D;

Comming from a country where english isn't the native language I fully understand how it is to learn all the grammar of english. Besides that, I've always gotten used to the american system because I watch cartoons in english, but in school we learned about the UK english stuff, which is slightly different, but there's still THAT to it... Jeez <.<'  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:16 am
Maybe he was typing too fast and the 'a' didn't activate?

I know I'm a grammar Nazi but a typo beast... Sometimes my fingers get the memory for 'thing' when I want 'this'.
And my fingers don't move in a synchronized pattern, making one half of the keyboard may be touched before the other half. Uuuugh....

I really love it when people IM me with no mistakes in their spelling and grammar. And when they mess up, I still know what they're saying. (Sometimes I look over the typo and don't realize it because if fit the sentence so well already...)  

Zelym

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:06 am
Grammar I'm not the greatest but I'm decent enough. Plus thanks to spell check I'm good spelling wise. Though there are times that I misspell something that is so easy to spell it's not even funny. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:36 am
Like 'piece'?  

Zelym

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:39 am
Zelym
Like 'piece'?

funny, that word actually could be 2 other things .. Peace, piece and peas o_O

... Annoying XD

... I never used a spell checking dingy... They don't really learn ME much xD  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 am
With my horrid typing skills, Spell Check is nice.

If I type slow, I can do just fine. But I don't want to go slow. Takes too long.

And yes, that's exactly why I used that word. Piece, peice peace.. pease. piese, .. Stopping.  

Zelym

Jasmine Perishing

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 am
I always love reading the "OMG SPELLING ERROR IN ANNOUNCEMENT!" threads in the Site Feedback forum. They point out some tiny error, and usually include multiple spelling and grammatical errors. People are dumb, contrary to what Ditech tries to tell us.  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff