Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
Secret Santa-- We need your help! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Presents WOOOOOOOT!
  Give the gifts received-- Surprises are fun!
  Sell the gifts, buy stuff from Wishlists
View Results

Main Man Methuselah
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:00 pm
My does time fly when you're off playing Bingo! My friends the moderators have just informed me that I need to get delivering presents from the secret santa/Guild Weeks Event.

I have a problem though-- how to distribute the gifts! I need your help to decide, particularly those of you who gave me the neat gifts to distribute.

I want to know if those of you participating would rather that I give people the gifts I received, even if they may not be on a wishlist, of if you want me to sell the gifts to buy things off of people's wishlists.

Answer the poll and reply in the thread- let me know. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:51 pm
Even though I didn't participate in the secret santa I will voice my opinion anyway. whee Why not let the people you're giving the gifts to decide themselves? I say give the gifts that you received and if they like them, great, if they don't then they can just sell them themselves and buy what they want. Someone may get something cool that they never even considered before. You just never know. It's hard making an entire group happy. heart domokun heart  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:27 pm
damnatio memoriae
Even though I didn't participate in the secret santa I will voice my opinion anyway. whee Why not let the people you're giving the gifts to decide themselves? I say give the gifts that you received and if they like them, great, if they don't then they can just sell them themselves and buy what they want. Someone may get something cool that they never even considered before. You just never know. It's hard making an entire group happy. heart domokun heart

That's one of the things I was wondering myself. Some people prefer surprises, some people prefer getting what they know they want.

I am a fan of surprises myself.

Thanks for your feedback!  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:59 pm
Well, if there are items on people's wishlists that you received perhaps you should give those out and to those who like/love suprises. Otherwise, sell the other items to get what people have on their wishlists. Personally, I'm not too fond of surprises. I almost always get what I don't want/need. (even in real life) sweatdrop xd  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

kekadu
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:54 pm
I like surprises. I agree with others above, people can sell the items themselves if they'd rather have something else. That way we don't have to worry, I think. smile I think the idea of a secret santa is the surprise element...at least it's not a white elephant, right? Maybe that's just me though. razz  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 am
I really like surprises, but then, there are a whole bunch of things on my wishlist that I really want, so receiving any one of them would still be a surprise!

I don't mind either way, as long as no one would get offended if I sold the gift I was given...  

Laveuse

Bettoisie

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:26 pm
I think I'd rather have stuff from my wishlist, but lets face it, presents are always fun, so I'm not going to complain whatever happens! xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 pm
I'm happy either way, though it is true that surprises are cool and people can always sell (or regift biggrin )  

chibihotachan

Super Buick

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:47 pm
i agree with the rest of the general population that responded. though not being a huge fan of suprises myself, i think you should just gift off the ones you have and if people don't like em, they can sell them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 pm
I think I'd prefer things from my wishlist, but like everyone else, I'm certainly not going to complain if I receive a surprise.

I would imagine that it would be easier for mods to distribute things of varying prices to people who gave varying amounts if they sold it all and bought wishlist things, but then I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure what system they're planning on using...  

Kinkigalinki

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:56 am
Kinkigalinki
I think I'd prefer things from my wishlist, but like everyone else, I'm certainly not going to complain if I receive a surprise.

I would imagine that it would be easier for mods to distribute things of varying prices to people who gave varying amounts if they sold it all and bought wishlist things, but then I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure what system they're planning on using...

We have a massive wheel with many options on it. For example the wheel of mod has "Ban", "Accept Join Request", "Edit Post", "Delete Thread", "Make Moderator", "Host Event", and "Create Sticky" on it. biggrin When we spin the wheel we get our answers.

We used to have a magic 8 ball, but Daft Hank made off with it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:55 am
I miss that 8 ball! *shakes fist at Hank*  

Doressa
Captain

kairi2193

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:04 pm
I think you should just give the gifts. Like others have said, if the people don't like it then they could just sell it. I really love being surprised.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:27 pm
I think Kinki might have a point, I know that the secret santa present I gave wasn't super expensive (though it felt expensive to me!) and I would feel bad if someone who gave a great big expensive present got stuck with it!

At least if they sell the gifts, they'll know exactly what to spend on each person, and there will still be a surprise element, because we have no idea what they'll spend it on!  

Chaisami

AQuAxXxScORP_62704

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:55 pm
I'm never really fond of receiving, I love giving instead.........although I don't mind surprises.

I guess it depends on the mood I feel when I do receive stuff, I always say it's the thought that counts so I'll keep it or could of gotten me money instead so I can buy my own thing that I really want/ ask what I want so,

The concept of santa is to give to a person that is deserving what they want, so I say in my opinion if you don't see things that the items are not wanted from anyone's wishlist sell a particular item and give them what they have on their wishlist.  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff