Reply Creative Crossroads
What Font Best Represents You? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 am
I considered posting this in the main forum but figured this was specific enough to go here.

Out of all the fonts (free, preinstalled on computers, paid, or whatnot) out there, what font best represents you? Typography is, after all, an important message and the fonts that we use can tell a lot about who the person is.

Discuss:

• What font best describes you?
  • What font would you like to be?
  • What are your other favourite fonts?

I'm a big fan of Helvetica. It's sharp, chic, bold, simple, serious, and yet elegant and classy. Though it doesn't represent me at all, it's harsh beauty and elitist style, coupled with it's international allure, makes me wish Helvetica was me represented as a font.

In reality, I'm probably more of a Georgia or possibly Times New Roman (I REALLY hope Georgia) because it's simple, elegant, but it's not as harshly elitist as Helvetica is. I can be casual and simple but still have elegance without being Look-At-Me-I'm-Elitist-Helvetica.

Other favourites... I have way too many that I use. It really depends on the situation for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm
Ok, I've been very excited about this topic since you posted it, and after much introspection (and filtering through 700+ fonts...) I've narrowed my selection down to TWO fonts...

They are: Phrixus and Port Credit.

They are both generally upright fonts, which lends them an air of respectability and class, but neither of them is too stiff. They both have just a touch of flare to them.

Personally, I like Port Credit a little more. It seems slightly more formal and classy. It's also more complete. Unfortunately, Phrixus probably represents me a little better. It is fundamentally flawed by being a small caps only font, relating to fundamental personal character flaws. It's unrefined by lacking Euro-characters, relating to a lack of world experience. And I don't like the "O", relating to my dislike of certain things about me...

As for favorite fonts? Whew... Where to begin...

That's just my take on it, and a cursory one at that...  

124-C

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:44 am
I can't posibly decide. I love the fancy ones with curllyques and frilly stuff.
And the ones that look like illuminated manuscript samples.

*drools all over site*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 pm
Apparently there's a Jaft font. =3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm
Jaft
Apparently there's a Jaft font. =3

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=204243  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:51 am
I like this one for me:

Amanda Font  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:26 pm
Oddly enough the Jaft font seems to work really well for Jaft. :3

I'd probably concur with Tsuj's opinion on Phrixus, though in my opinion, despite its lack of other characters, it's still very classy. I like the general harshness of small caps with the sharp lines of the font.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:16 pm
Sentama Lin
Oddly enough the Jaft font seems to work really well for Jaft. :3

I was quite disturbed as to just how well it seemed to fit him.

Thally's as well... I believe Thaliat's name is Amanda, no?.  

124-C

tyaselax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:53 am
I actually create my own font. However I have to say that Iron Maiden font is close to representing me. Both simplistic style and attitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:54 pm
xalesayt
I actually create my own font. However I have to say that Iron Maiden font is close to representing me. Both simplistic style and attitude.

http://www.maiden-world.com/articles/iron-maiden-fonts-typography.html
Available for download here

I'm quite curious as this font that you create...  

124-C

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 am
Bah. I prefer the Gothic Type font, but it's such a chore to write in...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 am
124-C
xalesayt

http://www.maiden-world.com/articles/iron-maiden-fonts-typography.html
Available for download here

I'm quite curious as this font that you create...

I've created fonts similar to that for my own projects, but I have used that font from Iron Maiden for random things.  

tyaselax

t0pey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:50 am
my own blue pen handwriting  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:17 am
edda hitachiin
my own blue pen handwriting

That's an interesting answer. Very concise, self-explanatory. Would care to upload an example? I'm curious as to what it looks like, now...  

124-C

XxReflected_StarsxX

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 pm
This is a very interesting topic truely and after a long and tiresome search I absolutely love the gothic style fonts, or the medevil bolded ones. but they are so hard to find I couldn't get a clear or very good sample of any I'm sorry.

As far as what best describes me it woul dhave to be Alcira. Here's a sample from www.myfonts.com

User Image

On the one hand it's harsh and rather hard to read. Much like my personally it would you first meet me.

But then again you can see a fluid motion in the letters, and they mirror other varing fonts. I'm much like that as well. I adjust to different people or situations as I see fit. I tend to morph into different situations differently then most.

I have reinvented myself more then once. In fact it's almost a weekly to daily thing for me to make a sudden and unexpected change without giving anyone any kind of notice. Hence the repeated lines and styles over the same letters.

It's a rather sloppy font and reflects my life of organized chaos. I do in a way like this font for the creativness, which I am not lacking in by the way.

But the lack of authority, order or neatness is not a plus. I am a bit disorganised, but no more then the next person. And where as I don't like being told want to do all the time (Hence the lack of Authority) I would like my chaos a little more organized thank you.  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff