Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sheik?
  girl
  boy
View Results

Hippocrite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Ok I actually believe that sheiks gender is different in each game.
In my opinion in the orciana of time he is physically a boy but mentally a girl (seeming as it is truly zelda)
User Image
As you can see by the chest it is very man-like. Most muscles are very defined and large. Also the eyes are more narrow and appear more like link's than zelda's.
In smash bros melee I believe it could go ether way leaning to girl.
User Image
In this picture his/her chest seems more bound then actual muscles but it could be.
User Image
Her legs appear less musculer and poses more feminine.
Now in Brawl I believe she is obviously female. Her whole appearance has been more feminine like her hair and in this picture
User Image
you can clearly see breasts.
So what are your opinions?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:11 pm
According to this person (who is a great artist) Shiek is a guy.
Look at the third from the right, top row
Look at Zelda with Shiek. It looks like their holding hands like one is taking the other on a date. When I first saw the picture, I didn't know who Shiek was, but looked like a guy, so I figured.  

Mega Chibi

kirbyrocks101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:09 pm
zelda=sheik
there for sheik is a girl...
she looks guyish to confuse u
but by brawl eveyones like
duh it's a chick...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:07 pm
Mega Chibi
Look at Zelda with Shiek. It looks like their holding hands like one is taking the other on a date. When I first saw the picture, I didn't know who Shiek was, but looked like a guy, so I figured.

Well that doesn't really prove anything.
They didn't create the characters.

Hippocrite

F a i r y C o u l a n t e

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:44 pm
I think Sheik is a girl because Sheik is Zelda. She's supposed to look like a guy, therefore they made it hard to tell. Of course, I've never played Ocarina of Time, so I'm just going by Smash Bros  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:01 pm
User Image
"Forever...

I've always called Sheik a girl, but for the sake of those who think otherwise (i.e. my boyfriend) I call her a s/he.

I've always stuck with the fact that kust because she could possibly be physically male due to Zelda's awesome magical power, she is still mentally a female. Even when I first played Ocarina of Time, when I first saw Sheik, I was like "who is she?" And got annoyed when Navi called her a him. xD

...and ever."
User Image

Kyle Riley

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Captain S McBobble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:38 am
Mega Chibi
”Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian.”

User Image
User Image

----------------------------------

And that proves?

Anyway, Sheik is female. Nintendo has announced this through the obvious changing of her appearance, the description for some of her trophies and the fact that she is truly Zelda.

----------------------------------

User Image
User Image

”You’re so great. I love you.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:38 pm
It's a girl. Always has been. >_>  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:21 pm
SilentBlackTiger

Wrong.. Shiek's body is male, but as the maker of the thread said, Shiek has the mentality of a female, since it is Zelda.

You do not deserve that signature.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:35 pm
Samurai Kacheek

Who the hell are you to think so?  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Shiroi Tsu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:24 am
In my opinion she is a girl.

People are always going to have their own opinions of what gender she is, and it really will never bee settled 100%.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:00 pm
I think she's male in OoT and Melee and female in Brawl. There's two different renderings for the character. Like OP described, the long hair and boobs pretty much give it away. Oot =/= Brawl. I believe in OoT Zelda's entire gender was changed to that of a Shiekah boy to hide Zelda from Ganondorf. Just remember, the OoT storyline is completely nonexistant in the Emissary so they're two entirely different characters.  

Link-Hayashi
Vice Captain

8,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100

Hoboerik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 am
OoT: Shiek is Zelda, using the Triforce to make herself appear as male.
Melee: It could go either way, but leaning towards female.
Brawl: Female obviously.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:13 am
Samurai Kacheek
SilentBlackTiger

Wrong.. Shiek's body is male, but as the maker of the thread said, Shiek has the mentality of a female, since it is Zelda.

I'm pretty sure you're the wrong one.
Every source that I've heard says that she is female, only pretending to be male. It's said that she used magic to change her build, hair, eye colour and skin tone- but I've yet to hear any official Nintendo source say that she changed genders. To further reinforce her gender as female is the fact that her voice actor (in all her appearances) are female.  

Tremere Lich

Yoyoenix91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:00 pm
I believe that Zelda is Sheik, but the Melee version of Sheik is male, while the Brawl version is female. Yes, I know Sheik is TECHNICALLY FEMALE, even in Melee, but I read somewhere that Zelda used magic to change her gender back and forth. So, that would make Melee's Sheik "male". Brawl's, however, is female. This Sheik has no reason to hide her gender, as this Sheik is based on a prototype model of Sheik that was planned to be in Twilight Princess, but never made it. So, OoT Sheik? "Male". Melee Sheik? Same as OoT. Brawl Sheik? Female. sweatdrop  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff