coolbeans! >w<
  weird! o_O;;
  funny! XD
  unique! c:
  all of the above! *O*
View Results

treehugger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:04 pm
Maybey it's just me, but personally I LOVE the old Mrs. Lovett....

you know, the one from the play.
Ofcourse I also LOVE the new one, but I gotta give Angela Lansbury props!
She is quite awesome! ^______^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:19 pm
I like the new Mrs. Lovett. Helena Bonham Carter is HAWT!!!!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angela was good, she was just very................different.  

Crusnik_20 -AngelOfDeath-

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am
Angela's Mrs. Lovett is a lot more crazy than HBC's Mrs. Lovett... which, I think, is slightly better. It fits the character.
But they're both just different ways of perceiving the character.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:02 am
Patti LuPone all the way!
But I adore Helena and Angela, too.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

watchdawg77

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:13 pm
I like Helena as Mrs. Lovett (seeing as how i've never really seen much of the other two Lovett's besides on Youtube.) The Angela Lansbury Lovett is very...um, enthusiastic. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 am
I liked Patti LuPone on stage, and I liked Helena Boham Carter, in the movie. smile

But I like Patti LuPone because she is one of my favorite actresses. 3nodding  

MsMiniMoo

Lilythesftbllwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:30 pm
Heres the Breakdown:

Helena Bonham Carter is my very favorite person right now, and nobody can say youtube doesn't teach you stuffs, cuz I can post at least 20 posts stating facts about her I learned on youtube. Anyways, she brings a certain aura to Mrs. Lovett, and since I've only seen youtube stuffs about the old ones, she is the best. The movie is just better. Tim Burton made it dark, damp and demonic, which I think is what it should be. Dark and such at least.

Haha she doesn't know I exsist even, and yet I speak so highly of her. So many people do, and if we ever met her, she would either think I'm crazy or she'd forget me all together. Or she'd remember.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 pm
User Image

Sometimes when you get what you want,
you end up missing what you left behind.

I love them all!
But Angela and Helena are my favorites right now.
I love Angela's interpritation because she makes Mrs. Lovett's character almost as crazy as Sweeney! <3
And I love Helena, because I agree with Tim Burton's opinion that he states in the special features...
Helena and Johnny make the perfect odd couple.
I don't particularly love Helena's singing, but she is a wonderful actress!

<3 -love to Sweeney Todd!

Whether it's your friends,
or time spent with your family.

Or even the music you used to hear in your head.

User Image  

k u r a b e a r_x

CherryBlossemChan69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm
Sorry but Helena is by far the best, hands down. She brings... I don't know.. a certain charm to Mrs. Lovett that just makes her character better (funnier/sassier/sarcastic-er/ect.) The others were better but Helena is just great. And for someone who's never sang before, her voice was amazing. ^__^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 am
I greatly prefer Helena as Lovett not because she is my favorite actress, just because she was made to play the part. She was so amazing, I only see her now as Mrs. Nellie Lovett. Her singing was top notch as well...
And Angela was...alright, I suppose but I can't help picturing Mrs. Potts hopping around in brain anytime she sang.  

weesnah

CherryBlossemChan69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:06 pm
Yeah. And I have NO IDEA why but I sometimes think that Angela Lansbury belongs in CATS. Wait.. *googles* okay she wasn't. But still...maybe its the hair in the picture you posted... she reminds me of that old lady cat with the big coat...  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:31 pm
I'm torn...lol. Helena Bonham Carter is just so amazingly gorgeous and I love her voice, but Angela Lansbury is crazy and nuts and spastic! Watching Angela Lansbury do A Little Priest on youtube is the funniest thing ever because she's dancing all over the place. I also like Judy Kaye, who's currently playing Mrs. Lovett on the tour. Her voice is very dark and robust.  

Briella Alwing

avocadopenguin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:51 pm
I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said, but here's my two cents anyway:

-I agree with all the above comments regarding the hotness of Helena Bonham Carter.
-I enjoy Angela Lansbury's performance and I think she can definitely sing better than HBC. But her Mrs Lovett seems quite happy about everything, which makes her crazier (yay) and slightly less sympathetic and human than Mrs Lovett, who has a lot of visible changes of mood, sometimes within the same line. So my verdict is that their performances are different but equal in quality.
-I'm afraid I know nothing about Patti LuPone's performance and won't until I buy the soundtrack to the 2005 revival (which will be soon, hopefully)

Of course, it's possible that I'm talking rubbish. That happens often.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:17 pm
I will always think of Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Lovett. I think Helena Bonham Carter is a great actress but I still can't get used to a pretty Mrs. Lovett, and I'm not really a fan of her singing either. I think Angela captured alot more of the eccentricities of the character. But it's all a matter of personal preference and both worked for the role on some levels.  

electricdecember

flyingmonkeybug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 pm
Angela Lansbury brought much needed sillyness to such a grim story. I wish I saw it live.  
The 3amisfun Main Discussion Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff