Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

October
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:27 am
I love the idea of a goal topic! While I had goals when I was younger, they all seemed SO out of reach that I never got the enthusiasm to try to achieve them. It took me a long time to realise that the only way to get 'there' (where ever there may be!?) was to focus on the small, short term achievable goals.

So, this months (March 200 cool goals :
To paint my new fence
To confidenly present at a work presentation next week
To learn 2 new songs
To go for a swim (Which I haven't done in over a year!)
To finish 4 more scrap-book pages
To go to the golf driving range twice

*phew*

I know it's half way through the month, but Easter is a 5 day break from work for me and I know that I'll at least get time to cross a few things off my list then.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 am
Excellent goals. Do you sing or play an instrument?  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:18 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Excellent goals. Do you sing or play an instrument?

Sing....or atleast attempt to! redface

New fence is painted
The presentation went well, but I could have done better.
3 new songs are progressing well
And I have been scrapbooking like crazy!

Swimming and golf didn't feature in this month, BUT, I saw mr first shakespeare play and went to my first circuit training class at my work gym.

April's goals :
Read a book or two
Bake something and take it into work
Try something new - and think of something new to try!
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:52 pm
I am so tired when I first read your post I thought you said you were going to break something and bring it to work sweatdrop

Baking sounds much tastier!  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:48 am
So, this month, I took a huge step in my long-term financial goal. 15/158 Hector Street will be my *first* rental property in a month.
*shivers at the thought of two mortgages*
I also aimed to have paid off my residence by next year - but, considering my new purchase and the global financial crises, I think I'll have to stretch it out until 2012.
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 am
Sablara
So, this month, I took a huge step in my long-term financial goal. 15/158 Hector Street will be my *first* rental property in a month.
*shivers at the thought of two mortgages*
I also aimed to have paid off my residence by next year - but, considering my new purchase and the global financial crises, I think I'll have to stretch it out until 2012.
heart

congratulations and best wishes.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:07 am
AntoniaMerEnfant

congratulations and best wishes.

Thanks!

I've already started looking into the next phase : my goal of cheapish renovation to the property.
Kitchen - needs a new one
Bathroom - will be spray coated
Floors - new carpets, tiles seem okay
General - paint!
Outside - needs to have the fence painted and will put up lattice with Jasmine.

*phew*
Fortunately, the lady is happy to keep renting it, so I have at least 6 months to plan and save.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:02 am
Last week my ex introduced me to his friend as "scary". I can't explain how insulted I was. So now, not only have I decided that I'm going to try and be "sweeter" without being a push-over, I've decided I need to stop seeing so much of my ex. While it was nice when we were together, it's not working for me to be friends with him. Not just this comment, it's been a long time coming.  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 am
While I'm heading towards my 30th birthday, I'm thinking about what I want to do in the next 10 years.
#1. Finish paying off my home.
#2. Get married
#3. Have a baby
#4. Retire from the geophysics part of the oil industry.

#4. Will HAVE to happen by the time I'm 40. I'm too tired, too female and care too much to deal with the politics anymore. I've either got to be in a position where I can DO something about the politics (ie be a manager) or I have to get out. My sanity is at stake.

#1 will happen, no matter about 2, 3 or 4.

If #2 doesn't, then I'll have to look and think seriously about #3. Fostering is my 2nd option. I have too much love not to have someone to give it to. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:53 am
best of luck on your goals. they seem to be pretty hefty ones.  

Super Buick

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:53 am
Super Buick
best of luck on your goals. they seem to be pretty hefty ones.

Thanks! I think I need all the luck I can get - coz you haven't heard half of them!
Hehehe

Work has been pretty terrible lately. I was trying the tacktic - If you can't beat them, join them. Only, that's far too hard...and I don't really like it. I'm too positive and too motivated for that. So, I was thinking...if I can't beat them, I can't join them...then I might as well make sure I become their boss. biggrin
Stranger things have happened.
We have a new Big boss starting on the 1st of January - and she's a woman. It's the first time I have EVER known an oil company to have a woman that high up. I am working on a very high-profile project at the moment, so I hope I get to at least meet her a few times. She might brush off some "I'm capable" vibes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:58 am
you sing? cool!!!  

evil-esoj-666

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:15 am
My goal for the next week or two is to make SURE that I get to present MY presentation (which I have been preparing at work for the last month or two). My "boss" decided yesterday that he thinks HE should do it.
And, of course, after last time (he STOLE my presentation and didn't give me ANY credit for my work - then 2 months later told me in my work review that I can't have a job-grade rise because I didn't do any presentations last year) THIS MEANS WAR!

I also told him today that "I've learned which battles to fight. I never lose."

It's nice to know that I have skills which are needed, wanted so much that they're stolen.

My work. My presentation.

Oh - I have started on my 'search for Mr Right-for-me' too! I digned up to a dating agency for 6 months. Basically they set you up on blind dates - book a table at a coffee shop and tell you when to be there! I have had one date, he seemed okay. I'll be sure to see him again....but I'm not "in love" so I'll be not turning any other dates away if anyone else asks!
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 am
And the games begin! The tennant moved out on Wednesday, so I picked the keys up on Thursday - and started the renovations on the weekend.
It's my aim to have it completed by 1st July.
User Image
User Image  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:48 am
They've started on the bathroom :
User Image

I've removed the kitchen : User Image

But I can't get rid of the mouse urine smell! I could smell it the second I walked into the house. It took me a week to find the nest!
User Image

I am going to cement up all the holes around the area and try to get rid of the smell before I put in the new kitchen.  
Goal Post

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff