Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
Desktop Evolution: ATG, Show Your Desktops! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:13 am
Desktops change as much as we all change. :3 Let's show off how our desktops look now, and describe how they were before.

User Image

My desktop has been getting more and more minimalist as the years go by. I went from the bells and whistles of GNOME to a custom-made desktop for myself using OpenBox, Conky, and Docker. My current windows and application launcher is accessed by right clicking anywhere on the desktop, while my system tray is on the lower right hand corner. Conky gives me status about my system, the currently-playing music on my media player, and (when I have time) will tell me the current weather.

Discuss: Share your desktops, evolution of your desktops, critique other's desktops, desktop aesthetics.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 am
Kals is questing again!
I was going to say that mine hadn't changed since the last time I posted in this thread, but I see this isn't that thread, it's a whole new one.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 am
You mean it changed little from the switch to Vista? O.o

Oh wait! Last time you posted you already installed Vista. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am
Kals is questing again!
Yep. Here it is again, I think the biggest difference is that the weather plugin says -27 and snowing instead of +9 and sunny:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Click for a closer look :3
O.O looks like it's time to reboot again, my ram usage is waaaaay up.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reiku Alche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am
User Image My desktop is plain white because I'm computer retarded. I lost the option to have a desktop background a long time ago and well, I'm not tech-smart enough to get it back. This thing's an old junker anyway. . . I'll just wait till I can afford a laptop and never use this thing again for this to not be a problem. User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Kals is questing again!
/me resists the urge to offer to walk Reiku through a fixy-fixy over MSN in exchange for golds

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 pm
/me feels he would get really distracted using Kalsie's desktop. :3

/me gets distracted enough with his process monitor bar sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm
Kals is questing again!
O.O distracted? But... there's nothing there! Analogue clock, cpu/ram monitor, weather report, random photo, and my "lookit me, I can run without explorer" widget with buttons for the run command, a command prompt, task manager, restart, and shutdown. Then there's winamp and trillian. I use alt-tab to get to irc, hal, process explorer, and my 3 firefox windows.

It's pretty bare-bones for a vista desktop.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm
I might as well add my desktop:

I like to keep the start bar on the right hand side so that way I don't accidentally click it when working in my paint programs.

User Image
*Note* I don't know if she is in any animes or which one that may be. I think it is just a random cat girl. But if you know otherwise, please tell me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:11 pm
I had this as my desktop for some time...
...Mostly because it has my name in it.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:20 pm
Erverain
I had this as my desktop for some time...
...Mostly because it has my name in it.

*falls off chair* That is AWESOME! *saved*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm
I also liked it because it reflects my personality fairly well.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm
My current desktop.

User Image

It did say 30 where the little red circle is, was just proving how current this screen shot is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm
I prefer my desktops to be crisp and clean. That means that I typically don't have photographs for a wallpaper. I also try to keep the icons to a minimum, if there's anything more than the hard drive (or My Computer, on Windows machines) then it's just temporary files that are being moved around. If I had a Linux box it would probably be similar to Lin's setup (if not less).

@Kals - Whoa! Fallen prey to the "Ooh! Shiney!" Phenomenon? No, you just work different than I do...

@Ladi - That wallpaper is hot. ninja When I was running Windows, I too had my taskbar to the right (with auto-hide) to keep out of the way.

Now that I've gone through and typed all of that, my screen caps have finally finished uploading! You'll notice that I've moved the bar to the bottom left and it auto-hides (that's why there's two caps).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click for a larger version. They're basically the same thing, but one the bar is showing, the other isn't.  

124-C

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 pm
User Image

CAD. Nuff said.  
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items