Submit

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:48 am
If you were a Saint of Athena, which cloth would you have?

I sincerely think this is a interesting question to ask. I'm sure many of you thought of that question and have answered it at one point.

As I'm a curious person, I want to found out. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:48 pm
I would want the Andromeda God Cloth. I love the chains!  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PadawanCyn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:51 pm
Cool choice! One has to wonder, though... if the chains aren't considered weapons by Athena, then what are they for?... *polluted fangirl mind kicks in*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 pm
lol! omg! I've thought that exact same thing! xp  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:45 am
My guess is that it has a link to the myth of Andromeda.

Quote:
In Greek mythology, Andromeda was the daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopeia, king and queen of the Phoenician kingdom Ethiopia.

Her mother Cassiopeia bragged that she was more beautiful than the Nereids, the nymph-daughters of the sea god Nereus and often seen accompanying Poseidon. To punish the Queen for her arrogance, Poseidon, brother to Zeus and God of the Sea, sent a sea monster, Cetus, to ravage the coast of Ethiopia and the kingdom of the vain Queen. The desperate King consulted the Ammon, the Oracle of Zeus, who announced that no respite would be found until the king sacrificed his virgin daughter Andromeda to the monster. She was duly chained to a rock on the coast.

Perseus, returning from having slain the Gorgon Medusa, found Andromeda and slew the monster Cetus. He set her free, and married her in spite of Andromeda having been previously promised to Phineus. At the wedding a quarrel took place between the rivals, and Phineus was turned to stone by the sight of the Gorgon's head (Ovid, Metamorphoses v. 1).

Just my thought...

As for myself... Well... I would say I would be wearing the Pisces Gold Cloth. Not only it's my sign, but I have to say I do love the cloth itself. Especially the one in Episode G.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 am
Sure, it's related to the myth of Andromeda, but I was thinking of how in the show Athena prohibited the use of weapons by her saints (excluding the libra saint). So how come the andromeda saint has that privilege?

Oh, I love the way Okada draws the cloths too. The details are beautiful and you can really "feel" the weight of the pieces and see how they're held together with all those straps, instead of magically being locked in place.

I can't choose a cloth for myself. I like bits and pieces of so many!
sweatdrop  

PadawanCyn

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:22 am
I've thought the same with weapons being prohibited by Athena. The Andromeda Cloth has chains, that one Silver Saint has that ball and chain that holds Cerberus, and the other Silver with him had those flying disks (I'm too lazy to look up their names right now). I never understood why they were allowed to have those.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:29 am
Like I said, it might have to do with there constellations and the myth surrounding them.

As for Andromeda, you can not speak of her without mentioning the fact that she was held by chains. Hence the fact Shun has chains.  

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 pm
That's true. Shun's chains are supposed to be the chains that held Andromeda after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:10 pm
hmm Yuki-chan would be Libra-no-seinto ..
because of her zodiac siqn... ;p  

Yuki Sairu

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Dressed Up 200

excited2Bdeleted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:58 pm
I've thought about it before too, but I agree with Jay. Since Andomeda was chained to a rock, Shun has the chains.

I'd have Andromeda cloth too.

I really love the chains.. I have a bad habit of running around sreaming NEBULA CHAAAAIIN!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 pm
Wow, lots of us like the andromeda cloth.
For me it would either be the andromeda cloth, the cygnus cloth, or the gemini cloth.
Andromeda because Shun's my #1 fave char
Cygnus because of his ice attacks like Aurora Thunder and Diamond Dust
And the Gemini cloth because I'm a Gemini. ^^  

Hedera Helix
Vice Captain

Astral Lunatic

24,150 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Strausser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:18 pm
Personally, I don't think Athena would hire me to be a Saint. But if I did, I'd want to either be the Unicorn Bronze Cloth or the Scorpio Gold Cloth (can I just be Jabu instead and inherit the Scorpio Gold Cloth?). I am actually a Libra, but I don't think I have the discapline to learn how to master all 12 of the Libra weapons. I just want to be Scorpio so I can run around going 'piu, piu' with mah Scarlet Needle.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:06 am
Yeah...I'm not entirely loyal to deities...so I doubt I'd be a Saint of Athena. Or anyone else...

I would say that I'd have the Phoenix cloth, but...I don't really know. If I had to go with what I knew, I'd more than likely have the Aries cloth, as that's my Zodiac sign and that I am loyal to.  

Nova Firespiral

Unsealed Prophet

excited2Bdeleted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 am
Andromeda Shun. >_>"
I'm quite the crybaby, and my brother is a beast O.o
Not to mention the chains woul be awesome

By the way..
Hello! I haven't been on in ages, but i'm sneaking on for two seconds to say hola.

Oh, I already posted a response XP
It's been so long, I didn't remember...
Woops heart  
Saint Seiya Guild - Takusu Mono he ~ My Dear

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out