Of course! :3
View Results

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:32 pm
Once upon a time......

+ A Princess Tutu Fan-thread +

[ And this is their story - ]

Ahiru/Duck, is a young, full of life clumsy girl, hopelessly studying ballet at Kinkan Academy, where she is constantly put in the probationary class. Ahiru has a special "problem" when she says quack, she is turned into a duck! While Ahiru seems optimistic and joyful, there is the ever so quiet Mute/Mytho, whom Ahiru secretly loves. In her mind, she compares him to the prince from a local fairy-tale, "The Prince and the Raven" - a story of a foolish young prince who defeated an evil raven by sacraficing his own heart to the raven, and is said to wander aimlessly without a heart. Ahiru thinks it's sad that Mute seems so emotionless, she wishes that she could do something to make him smile. But there is no room for Ahiru in Mute's life, not with Rue, the perfect girlfriend and Fakir, the mysterious and cruel [to Ahiru] best friend.
But Ahiru made a mistake in wishing to make Mute smile. In doing so she has turned herself into "Princess Tutu", whose job is to collect shards of Mute's heart and restore them to him! Though she may be a ballet prima-dona, Princess Tutu is a tragic character, fated to never be with her prince - meaning that Ahiru can never be with Mute! For if she were to confess her love, she would turn into a speck of light and dissapear forever!
The story is moving, and fast - will Ahiru be able to keep up with it?

So now, Princess Tutu fans let me hear from you! :3

Discuss -
+ Favorite characters/least favorite [discuss why!]
+ What did you like about it?
+ Give me your personal review!!!
+ Would you want more to the story? Or are you fine where it's left off?
+ Anything you didn't like?
+ Couples?

+ Also, I've found Princess Tutu pictures and icons somewhat hard to come by, so let's collect some here, shall we? :3 [ No fan art here please, leave that in the Fan-made forum! ]

~ Katsu's answers to the afore mentioned questions:

I think my favorite character would have to be Fakir, I absolutely loathed him to begin with, but after about episode 5 or so, I started to take interest, and suddenly he became my favorite overnight. I think it happened about episode 8ish, 9ish. I like him a lot because he's someone I can relate to a lot, he may seem harsh and mean on the outside, but on the inside he's a really sweet [ he'd kill me for saying that xD] guy. I think my second favorite would be Ahiru, because she's so durned different from most anime females [ hooray for no mary-sues! :3].

Least fav is Mute. Simple, just because he doesn't have a heart doesn't mean he doesn't have a brain... :/

[saving question about what i like and my review for another post]

Honestly, I have a lot of mixed feelings about the ending, I like it, and yet.... >_<. [ SPOILER - though it went with the whole anime's 'tragic' theme, I think I would have liked it if Ahiru and Fakir had received their happy ending as well. But then again, the theme of tragedy does fit it well....and there is always a chance that it could happen, seeing as what Fakir was doing in the very last scene :3] So I think I'd have to say I'm fine with where it is, unless they can pull off a 3rd season without totally making it go overboard.

I didn't like the Japanese version too much, it was fine and dandy until you got the parts where it was Kraehe vs Tutu and their voices got all gaspy and high pitched sometimes >_<. I also don't like the whole [ this aimed more at the fandom] freaking war caused by Ahiru's english name being Duck. stare
^ I'll gladly explain exactly why it was changed to Duck if someone wants me to.

Come Tutu fans, lets chat! =D!

All children who love stories, come gather 'round....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:07 pm
Hooray for Princess Tutu! I only recently got into the series, but I'm totally in love with it. I adore ballet and classical music and it's wonderful that a shojo was created celebrating them both (●⌒∇⌒●) Plus, I think the animation is soo adorable, almost as much so as Ahiru herself.  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:11 pm
Cheremy LeBeau
Hooray for Princess Tutu! I only recently got into the series, but I'm totally in love with it. I adore ballet and classical music and it's wonderful that a shojo was created celebrating them both (●⌒∇⌒●) Plus, I think the animation is soo adorable, almost as much so as Ahiru herself.

Oh yes! the animation is definitely one of my favorite things about it! :3

I like how it's an unusual magical girl, you see clips and hear people talk of it, and you automatically put it into the generic "magical girl" stereotype, but then you watch, and its - ZOMG this is good stuff! :3 though the beginning episodes are kinda boring.

I used to have a thing for ballet as a kid, this show rekindled my liking of it ^3^ and the classical music in it is just the perfect touch to the series >3<.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:25 pm
True say. It's not your typical magical girl shōjo at all. I was a bit worried before I watched it that it would turn out to suit the Sailor Moon/Mermaid Melody-esque age group, but it turned out to be purely magnificent! I've love attending the ballet, so the fact that it's based on ballet fits all my anime-based dreams XP I can see why you'd say the beginning was boring, but I think it was just slow and calm to set a romantic scene. Not too much happens at first, but I think the pace really suits it :3  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm
No one truly knows the depth of my obsession for this show, except perhaps katsu. She was the one that showed it to me first, and I fought her tooth and nail too. After she practically tied me to the chair to make me watch the first episode, I was like, "WTH?" It was amusing though, so I continued to watch it, and Lo and behold, I got sucked in.
The whole magical girl aspect of it is a tad annoying, but as before mentioned, it's not really your average magical girl. I mean, a duck? How often do you see that?

The beginning episodes weren't boring exactly, more like trying. Because they make you think it's just your average, annoying, no-plot magical girl anime. But it's not. It starts out all cutesy and turns really dark, and that's what I love about it.

My favorite character is Fakir hands down. I hated him the first few episodes, but once you find out why he's a p***k, he becomes more likable. Besides, who doesn't love an emo guy who goes through even more misfortune? =D
I hate Mute. hate, hate,hate. I vote for Katsu's reason too.use your head. And besides, the whole, "Save me! I'm helpless!" thing gets really annoying.

If they ever do continue it, it would have to be done well or star will kill. evil

FakirXAhiru forever!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:20 am
And I thought I was obsessed?!

You make me sound like someone who barely likes it! xDDD!!!

SEE I TOLD YOU YOU WOULDD!!!!!  

Crew

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 am
XD no way! are you serious! I thought you were way more obsessed than me!

guess not. . . >>;;

PT FTW!

heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 am
I love and enjoy watching Princess Tutu. This anime replace my obsession with Sailor Moon. I was really a hard-core Sailor Moon fan. It so hard to choose a favorite character from this series since they are so great. I really did get weird out by Femio. The end of the series was more like bittersweet, like the animated movie "The Last Unicorn." I think it ended well and that could leave what happens to Duck with Fakir writing the stories. And allow fans to think that Fakir return Duck as a girl and there is always fanfiction. I have a few drawings in my in my sketchbook of my fandom for Princess Tutu. I even drew a chibi of Duck. My profile and siggie are Princess Tutu, too. My couple for this series is Fakir and Duck.  

Kagome440

Rayne Blessed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 am
This AMV made me watch Princess tutu:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 am
That Princess Tutu AMV is like the most popular one that is viewed. I think that one has started a lot of fans to watch it and the bloopers, and the trailer.  

Kagome440

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:27 pm
I haven't clicked the link, but I'm wagering it's Holl om mig? :3 [ or however it's spelled ^^;]

And the outtakes/bloopers are hilarious! I think they're the best ones I've seen for any anime xDDD.

And hooray from PT fanart! =D I drew one once, but it was back when I first started drawing, so it really sucks, I've been meaning to do more, but everytime I try to start, I just can't think of what I'd like to draw.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:31 pm
Prizz1989
This AMV made me watch Princess tutu:
]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg

most awesome video ever. It won a couple of awards. I love the song to it too.  

Tarantellatears

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:38 pm
That AMV makes me want to dance xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 am
I found a sequel fan comic for it. It's actually pretty good. It's got almost the same plot as Swan Lake. X3

heart  

Tarantellatears

Kagome440

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 pm
I just came back from the sub-forum Anime that is not shown in US. And there is a Princess Tutu thread regarding the dub and the creator said they stink. I own the dub of the whole series and I thought it was a decent dub. There are a lot worse dubs out there besides Princess Tutu *hugs all six dvds*  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff